Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday - Disrespectful?

Comments

• Options
    Surely there has to be some come down on this otherwise it's just sets a precedence to other clubs to follow and makes a mockery the rules to play first teamers in the first place - I'd be interested to know what Sheffield Wed were charging for tickets

Nothing, as it's away at Bradford.
  • Options
    Surely there has to be some come down on this otherwise it's just sets a precedence to other clubs to follow and makes a mockery the rules to play first teamers in the first place - I'd be interested to know what Sheffield Wed were charging for tickets
  • Options
    Now they're going to spend three days with the bloke on the pitch with cramp trying to sort him out. What a piss-take.
  • Options
    I'm laughing now
  • Options
    They even have an extra 2 days to prepare seeing as it's on a Monday. Poor show
  • Options
    It was wrong , what Megson did but to make things worse he just laughs at all ! And acts all smug about it.
  • Options
    yeah, not playing for another six days, ridiculous
  • Options
    It was wrong , what Megson did but to make things worse he just laughs at all ! And acts all smug about it.
    Good for him, I say.

They got rid of the Full Memebers Cup, why did they forget to do the same to The Quarter Members Cup?
  • Options
    I hate saying it but this could be CHARLTON first defeat in this stupid cup and i think. it would help us .
  • Options
    Hmmm...now gone to pelanties.

Morrison takes the first one and balloons it over the bar. I would say it must have been done on purpose but you never know with Clinton.

It did look suspiciously as though he leaned back as far as he possibly could though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oops!
  • Options
    Very dodgy penalties, I'm sure they were told to miss them well Morrisons at least.
  • Options
    Excellent idea. Don't score and if the other team try just as hard then blast all penalties over the bar.
    What if both teams try the same thing?
  • Options
    I thought they were allowed to make subs whenever they liked - how can you fine them?
  • Options
    I thought they were allowed to make subs whenever they liked - how can you fine them?

True they prob can't be fined but if you put it that way why should clubs get fined for putting weaker teams out. There part of the squad so therefore should be able to play when ever the manager wants to play them
  • Options
    Because it makes a mockery of the rule. Given that the rule is there to try to make this pointless trophy more interesting I'd be surprised if they weren't fined.
  • Options
    Good for him, I say.

They got rid of the Full Memebers Cup, why did they forget to d
    o the same to The Quarter Members Cup?

Is this really what football has become , ? Teams happy to lose games , and get knocked out of any competition ! I can't stand this attitude its destroying passion in our football ! , all this fitness crap is bull***t aswell ! Players play football for a living and shouldn't need any rest !

• Options
    well we made 11 changes last week - should we be fined or is it only if you lose. Stupid telling managers who they can play in a cup competition - undertsand in the league at the end of the season as results affect other teams but the cups are different. I enjoyed watching the reserves last week  and was glad it was a changed team. As the comptetition progresses the teams get stronger anyway.
  • Options
    I don't like the sound of what SW are doing but if it sparks a debate on the total and utter uselessness of the JPT,and the absurdity of the 'first team' rules it might not be a bad thing.

I really dont want to see a single injury or card from that useless cack competition.
  • Options
    Without the rule the JPT could be a very useful competition for us (in the absence of a reserve league) and one we would want to progress in. i'm sure Sheff Wednesday are glad to be out of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The rule deserves to be mocked imo.

The manager and the manager only should determine what his team should be for any game, barring maybe end of seasons which could directly impact promotions and relegations.

Football now is very much a squad game, and managers have to give cover players match exposure.
  • Options
    I completely agree it's stupid to make teams play certain players but they know how crap the competition is so they set this rule. If Sheff Wed get away with doing it then the rule might as well not exist.
  • Options
    I don't like the sound of what SW are doing but if it sparks a debate on the total and utter uselessness of the JPT,and the absurdity of the 'first team' rules it might not be a bad thing.

I really dont want to see a single injury or card from that useless cack competition.
    I

Why is it cack ?
  • Options
    Well if it helps get rid of the rule - good on them I say. The JPT will actually be better respected without it  and when clubs get to the latter rounds they take it seriously.
  • Options
    I cant stand that rules like this have to be made. The league telling managers what players they can play, ridiculous.
    The league and FA should make this cup valued, by making this rule they are agreeing that this cup is valueless until you get to the final.
  • Options
    Doubt the rule will go, more likely the FA will get stubborn and increase it to 8 or something :-P
  • Options

I

Why is it cack ?

Because it features only the 48 most cack teams in the country, the better 24 of whom we can see in the league; has, rightly cack attendances, therefore brings in no money unless you get to the final; and is an added burden on clubs with small squads who already have two cups and larger leagues than the two above.

It is part of the wider problem that there is too much football in England, and nobody asks the customers if they want it all. Rather they are expected to dutifully turn up and watch cack
  • Options
    OK, here goes. I thought it was ridiculous for CP to make 11 changes for the Reading game. Disrespectful to the competition and me as I paid good money and gave up my time.
    Yep, we won. Had we lost, the posts on here would have been very different.
    Winning is a habit, scoring goals is also a habit. Stupid idea to play 11 new players. He got away with it.
    Next time he might not be so lucky.....

Bring it on.........
  • Options
    it's a dire competition that I'll be happy for charlton to take an early exit from. One aim...
  • Options
    Winning is a habit..............................Make a few changes for the cup, try a new formation.
    Playing 11 new players doesn't teach as much as playing 3 or 4 and trying out something for the bigger games.
    Otherwise CP would have played the 11 who started against Reading in the next match.