Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

At least we aint Plymouth..

Comments

• Options
    ...I blame Chris Powell- he bought BWP and it was all down hill after that!

Powell out! :0p
  • Options
    Can we help by going and taking Curtis Nelson off their wage bill? (he's the quick ball-playing centre half we've been looking for).  

It's an awful situation, and those of us around in 1984 (and since) will appreciate what it's like for fans not knowing whether there will be a club for them to support next week. There's a 'Fans Reunited 'day planned for 24 September, arranged by Brighton's fans after their famous Fans United day back in the 90s which brought fans of all clubs together for one game. (Have a strange feeling I was at that game with Clem but memory's not what it was). 

Anyway, links:

• Options
    It's deinately big noses fault
  • Options
    It's deinately big noses fault
    Oi: Who You calling "Big-Nose" ?
  • Options
    Im not sure what there crowds are like, but im 20 mins away on a train and have never seen any promotion or advertisements for tickets in the 8 years ive lived down here. They should be offering freshers packages for new students etc, pretty sure a few mini buses would mission across once a month or more
  • Options
    A couple of years ago, they did big billboard posters in the city centre - but I don't know about other initiatives.

They've many supporters throughout the length of Cornwall (which has no Football League club, of course), and I believe the Argyle supporters club organises some transport. But seems a great opportunity for some "Valley Express" type service from outlying towns to Home Park.

Shine - good point about promoting Student packages. Plymouth has a student population of around 30,000.
    There has to be some scope for those football fans amongst them denied seeing their regular team, and keen for a fix of live football.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    So true, Exeter and Plymouth are the only league clubs within 60 miles of me.. surprised neither have never really took advantage of the lack of clubs in the area

• Options
    They lost again
  • Options
    Fans ReunitedFans Reunited@FansReunited view full profile →Save Plymouth Argyle! It could be your club next... Fans united will never be defeated!
  • Options
    had we not been at home i would have gone down to plymouth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    businessman Kevin heaney is confident about bring the club out of administration

• Options
    It's seems the Heaney deal is falling through...
    Though the Herald is reporting ZERO on this. Interesting.
  • Options
    Lost again.
  • Options
    Got to feel for their players and fans , I ain't a big peter Reid fan but I even feel sorry for him
  • Options
    Peter Reid has shown outstanding loyalty to both the club and his players.

Many of my mates down here are Greenies, and sure I feel for them. ........ as our own club history shows, there but forfortune and all that.

There's a special day organised by I believe the National Supporters Association, happening at clubs up and down the country in recognition of Plymouth's plight - all clubs' supporters are invited to join in and wear green at their own clubs' matches.

September 24th

Much like was organised for Brighton some seasons ago, where many Charlton supporters participated.
  • Options
    Oh dear I am sure I heard peter Reid say he has given players money to help them out of his own pocket, I am sure I heard him say he had paid the electric bill,

What does risdale do, he sacks him, stating football is a result business,

What a complete toss pot that man is,

Yes peter it is a results business, but in this circumstance you need to look for more than that, peter Reid had no chance with that team, watch now as I reckon they will give it to fletcher ,I can't see anyone else in their right mind taking over there ,
  • Options
    Peter Reid sacked as Plymouth boss. He auctioned his 1986 FA Cup Final loser's medal to help raise money for the club's unpaid staff. 
  • Options
    They are going to go down again now for sure. Poor Argyle.  
  • Options
    Shocking decision...they are not going to get anyone better than Reid in their current position...
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    This is the most bizzare thing anyone can do and it is that typical idiot Ridsdale.

The club is in mess and it is obvious these players are not playing well because of how unsettled they are. So what is Ridsdale's answer? Sack the manager when Reid is not getting paid himself. How ridiculous can Ridsdale be when he should be more interested getting this takeover sorted. Also what manager would come to Plymouth knowing they won't get paid. Perhaps Plymouth will apply a Sunday league manager.

Honestly, I am not a fan of Plymouth and I feel so angry about this so I can't imagine how would I feel if Charlton were in the same situation and we sacked Powell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reid is surely the only person who wanted to be there after how much he has put in with little return. Shocking behaviour getting rid of him. 

I hope Argyle get some sort of ray of light in the finance dept or perform well enough (somehow) to stay in League 2.

Would have gone to the support Argyle game if it didn't clash with Chesterfield.
  • Options
    Reid is surely the only person who wanted to be there after how much he has put in with little return. Shocking behaviour getting rid of him. 

I hope Argyle get some sort of ray of light in the finance dept or perform well enough (somehow) to stay in League 2.

Would have gone to the support Argyle game if it didn't clash with Chesterfield.
    Same here, would be another excuse for a weekend there.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Maybe Ridsdale is doing him a favour - he can get a job with a club that can afford to pay him and will stay in the league without looking as though he's walked out when they are most in need...
  • Options
    Yes perhaps it's what Peter Reid wanted?
    If you've laid yourself on the line like he has but then it dawns on you that the situation in beyond hopeless, what can you do? He can find a paid job now with his head held high.
    Who knows what really happens!
  • Options
    Some argyle supporters seem to think Paul hart is in the frame now!!!
    Citing a link with Ridsdale.
  • Options
    surely theyd have to pay us a fair amount of compensation?
  • Options
    I can't see it happening, they couldnt attract a cold sore at the moment!

An update, now the keeper and a senior player are in the frame according to BBC...
    this could run and run.
  • Options
    Paul Hart wouldnt be daft enough to take it, would he?
  • Options
    Having Risdale as your clubs chairman seems to be like employing the Captain of The Titanic.

Well I can only think that as they couldn't afford to pay him anyway, they have decided to get rid of him for "footballing" reasons.

I have a lot of time for Reid so I hope this backfires on Risdale. I also hope that Argyle find a way through all of this.
  • Options
    Paul Hart stated when he joined us that he's never really wanted to be a manager and is happier teaching youth players.

Has he actually ever gone to a club to take a management appointment? Seems like it's always been an internal "promotion", could be wrong though.

He's not going anywhwhere.