Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Super Surrey

I've resisted it all summer - watching the posts on the poxy Kunt thread, but at long last, it can be said:

GET IN!
SURREY ARE BACK!

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2011
    LOVE IT!!

What a brilliant season this has been. Would have love to have gone Sat but booked up Rochdale a while back. 

Great chance for even more success vs the serial bottlers somerset
  • Options
    As a Northants fan, gutted that after being in the top two all season we are going to miss out, but well done Surrey. Congratulations guys and gals!
  • Options
    I was going to start a thread myself this morning if there wasn't one already. I thought that losing to Kent a few weeks ago was the end of the promotion challenge but glad I was wrong.

All I hope now is that with my cricket team promoted, my football team can make it a double.
  • Options
    Great run in.

Am going to the CB40 final in Saturday. Expecting it to be messy!
  • Options
    Yep I'm Surrey too.....can't make Saturday though, so gutted...especially as CAFC away!
  • Options
    Surrey? Does that mean you support Crystal Palace as well? ;)

Exactly
  • Options
  • Options
    Nah its all manure fans in surrey
  • Options

i hate surrey more than i hate millwall

• Options

A grudging "well done" to the Brown Hatters.

Mind you with the largest budget in the County Championship they have to ask themselves how they arrived in division 2 in the first place!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Nope! The Oval is the nearest ground to my parents' house in Catford.

• Options
    Nearer than Beckenham? :)
  • Options
    A member since 1974...brought up in Brockley, only a bus ride from the Oval, therefore my local team. About time we got our act together. Disappointed to be missing the final at Lords on Saturday, as I'm going to Rochdale. Can't be in two places at once and football comes first. Anyway, I struggle to get excited about Pro40 cricket and Lords finals are not the same these days. The old Gillette Cup Finals were great occasions.

Len - Similar to Charlton having the biggest budget in the Championship and getting relegated to League One. Poor management and a poor squad of players following the Stewart/Thorpe generation.

I dont subscribe to football-style rivalry in County Cricket. Most cricket followers go along to watch the cricket first and support their team as the second priority. I can quite happily watch Kent v Middlesex and enjoy the cricket.

• Options
    Grew up in Deptford. Last I looked, the Oval was a damn sight closer than Canterbury.
  • Options
    Grew up in Deptford. Last I looked, the Oval was a damn sight closer than Canterbury.
    Deptford is historically part of (super) Kent though...
  • Options
    Just listened to the Super Middle take the title ....

Nearly threw it away ....

Always been a Middlesex supporter me ... :)
  • Options
    Aye - in the same way that Gondwanaland was historically part of Pangaea
  • Options
    Nearer than Beckenham? :)

Not in the mid 1980s! (Don't believe Kent played in Beckenham then.)

Besides The Oval & Copers Cope are no comparison. And I could get a 185 bus from Stansted Rd all the way to The Oval.

I used to play football at Copers Cope for Lloyds Bank before Kent took it over.

• Options

i hate surrey more than i hate millwall

I reckon you're on your own there.....bizarre thing to say on a Charlton & football forum!
  • Options
    had a hard life me, always followed Kent and Charlton, hoping for the best. No wonder I am so bitter, gnarled n twisted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same here....it's a life sentence!
  • Options
    Aye - in the same way that Gondwanaland was historically part of Pangaea
    But people from Gondwanaland wouldn't support Laurasia!
  • Options
    had a hard life me, always followed Kent and Charlton, hoping for the best. No wonder I am so bitter, gnarled n twisted
    And then you went to lincolnshire and became a yellow belly - we sympathies :-)
  • Options
    And then you went to lincolnshire and became a yellow belly - we sympathies :-)
    lol,  thanks mate, i need all the sympathy I can muster
  • Options
    Kent vs Surrey was always at the Rectory Field when I was a lad.

Derek Underwood used to rattle through Surrey on day 3 and the pitch inspector was called.

Eventually the fixture had to be moved.
  • Options
    Grew up in Eltham. Valley was nearest football ground = Charlton. Oval was nearest cricket ground = Surrey.

Simple.
  • Options
    Grew up in Eltham. Valley was nearest football ground = Charlton. Oval was nearest cricket ground = Surrey.

Simple.
    Exactly! (Albeit Catford in my case!)
  • Options
    Grew up in Kennington and went to school overlooking The Oval.

Certainly Surrey territory but definitely not Charlton-land. Fortunately had a CAFC supporting next-door-neighbour who took me to games and that was that.
  • Options
    Bah...Humbug Slurrey !
  • Options
    Interesting conundrum - Kent's ground in Beckenham is next door to the Nigel's training ground, who are of course from Surrey. So Kent now play in Nigel territory, even though it has a Kent postcode.. How many Nigels living in Beckenham will grow up supporting Kent as its their local ground?

Going back to previous one-day finals at Lords, the more vocal fans supporting Surrey were always Chelsea fans from Battersea, Wandsworth & Clapham. Nowadays Surrey have a link-up with Fulham, that is cheap tickets for Fulham season ticket holders.

Complicated innit?