Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Farm

edited September 2011 in Not Sports Related
Why should these people be allowed to live in our country paying minimal tax on purchases and nothing on council tax or NI?

Comments

• Options
    Emmerdale farm is just a tv program. U neednt worry
  • Options
    Our country? What does that actually mean?
  • Options
    get yourself up there dazzler and tell him son
  • Options
    Do they sell eggs and milk at Dale Farm?
  • Options
    But they is Travellers !  You only have to clock that shower of shite on the left before you get to Dartford station (Kent bound) to see that. I mean how the hell they manage to roll up half an acre of block paving outside of their vans and move on seems like a tall order to me...but it is their cultural right don't you know !
  • Options
    I was amused by their sign .
    We are Travellers. We shall not be moved.
  • Options
    I was amused by their sign .
    We are Travellers. We shall not be moved.
    Genuinely laughed at this.
  • Options
    Well i cant see the issue. Most at Dale Farm are "irish travellers" and Ireland is a big old country , loverly and green and open and about 7 million live there. So  loads and loads of space for travelling in. Why o why travel and then STOP TRAVELLING in England ? Surely it couldnt be dem der benny-fits ?

What really would be sooooooooooooooo funny is if the Council bluff em for a few months--- then lets see how those nice "travellers" treat the knobHeadRentALefty who have racked up there. My guess is they will eat the small ones,sell anything of value off the older ones and maybe when they are tried of laughing at whats left give em a shalaking and send em on their way. The knoblet holding the card up reading " This is ethnic cleansing" will have to eat it or starve------------------- now thats funny.
  • Options

Ethnic cleansing my arse.

Nice white 11 plate Range Rover Vogue parked outside one of their hovels yesterday £65k of car. but no road tax.

One of the families owns over 200 acres in the home Country and has planning in for a housing development on that site. I have zero sympathy for them.

• Options
    how do you know about road tax?  did they report it on the news?  just interested as I've seen that car in a fe shots.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Our benefits system is a complete joke - available to looters, travellers, phony newlyweds, heavy breeders and just about anyone else

Most people voted for Cameron to deal with this - can't see much sign of it yet.

• Options

Not sure this should be under the General Charlton category - you'll start the Nigels off

• Options

Saw one of the Irish traveller women being interviewed the other day and she made the following remark.

"We just want to be left alone to live a normal life like everyone else."

Oh....'a normal life'....is that right. They wouldn't know what a normal life was if it came and hit them between the eyes.!

• Options

Ethnic cleansing my arse.

Nice white 11 plate Range Rover Vogue parked outside one of their hovels yesterday £65k of car. but no road tax.

One of the families owns over 200 acres in the home Country and has planning in for a housing development on that site. I have zero sympathy for them.

Can you buy a car with that much cash these days?
  • Options

Check out their homes on Google maps. Roche's Road, Rathkeale, Limerick.

Some nice 4/5 bed detatched houses, all boarded up whilst they're over here. They'lll all be back in time for Christmas though.

They certainly know how to apply for planning permission in Ireland

* Michael and Anastacia Hegarty own land at Dale Farm. A couple named Michael and Anastacia Hegerty also own homes in Rathkeale.

* John Sheridan - a namesake of the man who developed Dale Farm without permission - applied to extend his mansion in Roches Road, Rathkeale, in 2004.

* Eileen Sheridan applied to build a house in Roches Road, in 2002. Three Dale Farm plots are owned by an Eileen Sheridan.

* A Helen Quilligan - another name familiar from Dale Farm - was granted permission to build a home in Roches Road in 2002.

* John Culligan, John and Dan Flynn - all names of Dale Farm residents - have also applied to build houses in Roches Road.

So their cries of 'homelessness' don't really ring true.

• Options
    Does anyone else find it odd that the men always refuse to be interviewed?

Always seems to be the women doing them.

(probably frightened that crimewatch is on the lookout)
  • Options
    edited September 2011

Eastbourne was infested with these scum a couple of years ago, about 50 cavavans turned up and the "people" ran a muck robbing assulting and genrally disregarding the law, the police, recruited dozens of officers from neighbouring forces, and to be honest did a reasonable job.

The crime rate went through the roof,  the seafront was vandalised , the toilet facilities on the lorry park that they had invaded were vandalised .after they left  the council had to clear human waste from everywhere,  they didnt even use the toilets that were a perminant fixture there. in fact the toilets were smashed up.

Its time to investigate these people properly, and deal with them appropriatly, I think Addicted has a valid point,

• Options
    So raymondo, what do you suggest as the final solution?
  • Options
    So raymondo, what do you suggest as the final solution?
    Seth, is your wording there deliberate irony, or just unfortunate?
  • Options
    The solution is to say to these people that they should return to their own country (Ireland), and indeed to their own houses there, instead of expecting another nation to solve their housing problem. They don't appear to be in financial need.

Please take a moment to check the Google street view of their village of Rathkeale. You can see the pens where they park the caravans when they are not at Dale Farm sponging off the taxpayer and building illegal structures.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ali, I have a knowledge of History.
  • Options
    A knowledge of history? Maybe this thread should be in German.
    For gods sake Afka get rid of this thread,please
  • Options

Suggesting that the eviction of illegal travellers is comparable with genocide is in poor taste seth.

• Options
    A knowledge of history? Maybe this thread should be in German.
    For gods sake Afka get rid of this thread,please

Tend to agree.
  • Options
    IF YOU LOOK TO THE FUTURE AND KEEP ONE EYE ON THE PAST YOU ARE BLIND IN ONE EYE. IF YOU KEEP BOTH EYES ON THE FUTURE AND NO EYES ON THE PAST YOU ARE BLIND IN BOTH EYES AND GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU

Beniton
  • Options
    they are travelers, there supposed to MOVE!!!!!!!!!! 
  • Options
    edited September 2011

Addickted, I think you have jumped a few squares to make that link and saying I have made a 'suggestion', although I take your point about taste.

I was indeed trying to be rather ironic because the hysteria in some posts here make it seem like we have an almost insoluble traveller problem, just as in times and places past people were hysterical about the 'problem' of other groups.

I was attempting to point out where hysteria about groups, where all are labelled 'scum', might lead. My intentions may seem rather obscure, but my post follows a post that I think is particularly infalmmatory.

fastforward is right, if we are talking matters of taste, then personally I find a lot of this thread distasteful, but than again I read the Guardian on Saturdays, and I don't have travellers living on my road. However I do work with some travellers, and to colour them all as 'scum' does not chime with my personal experience.

• Options

AN APPEASER IS ONE WHO FEEDS A CROCODILE HOPING IT WILL EAT HIM LAST.

Sir Winston Churchill

• Options

Thanks for your clarifiction seth.

For my point, my views are purely about the illegal travellers at Dale Farm and their so called supporters. I have no problem with those encamped there legally.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    If they are Irish, they are entitled to be in this country. The problem is a culture clash - society has its rules and they have their rules. I don't think people would be so anti travellers if their lifestyle didn't impinge on ours but the few experiences I have had have always been negative. That isn't to say that they are all bad people but their outlook and values are different.

A few years back, travellers moved into a car park next to my work. As you entered the building in the morning half naked kids threw stones at you - they were moved on after a couple of weeks leaving the area a mess and a few weeks later we had heavy rain and it came flooding in the building causing thousands of pounds of damage because the lead had been removed. More recently travellers moved very close by which coincided with the theft of a young boy's rabbit - he kept in a hutch in the front garden. Maybe it wasn't them but I have a few more stories I could tell.

I'm the live and let live sort and like to think I give everybody an equal chance but I cant ignore what I have seen. These are not the crimes of the century but anybody who doesn't feel they have to play by the same rules as we are forced to are not going to endear themselves. Dale farm is a case in point. If anybody else did it they would face the same outcome - probably dealt more swiftly -they are not being badly treated because they are travellers.