Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Hollands - Triplets

2»

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations and good luck to both Hollands, they're going to need it!
  • Options
    Congrats danny
  • Options
    Congrats to all the Hollands!
  • Options
    whose arranging the Charlton life flowers? ; )
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Congratulations Danny and family!
  • Options
    are we going dutch
  • Options
    I get the feeling that he may be able to afford a bit more help with his multiplies than myself and afka
  • Options
    Lovely news ! Glad all went well and the 3 girlies arrived safe & sound.
  • Options
    Many congratulations to the Hollands family. Hope the club are providing him with a Nanny!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Yes, the club do need to work out a way to support him so he gets sufficient sleep. He has shown that he is a key player already and we can't afford his game to dip. I can't remember ever being so tired for a couple of weeks and that was with one- not 3!

But poitively, he will be on a high and I wish him all the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2011

do the government offer automatic help to anyone who has triplets ?? 
    thought i'd heard that in the past 
    maybe not
  • Options
    Doubt the government offers any help for anybody anymore.
  • Options
    Congrats Danny & Mrs H!

Three lovely wee girls, how perfect!

Good luck guys, think you're going to need it

Xxx
  • Options
    Triplet girls? Good luck when they're teenagers, wow!

Congratulations Danny, will be expecting a hat-trick in your next game, one for each baby. ;)
  • Options

do the government offer automatic help to anyone who has triplets ?? 
    thought i'd heard that in the past 
    maybe not
    You would think so but I very much doubt it. oohaamortimer........
    In fact 20 odd years ago when we had twins my wife had to rush back to her goverment post 6 weeks after giving birth, due to the nonsense of maternity leave., and work her notice? At least there is the  year off now with staggered pay, my company at the time did not offer any time off for having our twins.  I had to leave shortly after as we found it quite hard to cope.  Our two boys a little premature, were a joy and very easy to cope with as far as babies go. We helped set up a twin's club or should I say my wife  did, as  there was little positive assistance for multiple births. My wife tried to help a lady with triplets as  she had difficulty bonding with her babies, and got depressed after a couple of months. Your world really does get turned upside down, and you have to try and remain calm, because I am convinced that the babies pick up on this. I was lucky I could work freelance, so could be selective about certain days, or take a friday or monday off if things were getting a bit 'complex'.
    We had also a lovely daughter 6 at the time, who was wonderful with the boys, and really helped out, I still had to pay for a young trainee  children's nannie from the local college,  which really helped. One of the things we tried to do was to get the boys into nursery as soon as possible, and to join as many activity clubs for social interaction. Primarily for the children, but it really helped my wife, and gave her a lot of confidence. It can be very difficult for some people to cope, in today's world with multiple births. A lot of parent's struggle with self doubt and trying to do to much.
    As much as Danny and his wife will probably have less of the financial burden, that in itself can  bring a pressure to be a  decent parent. Easy it aint?.........
  • Options

yup just found this

Despite popular misconceptions. UK parents of multiples are not entitled to additional benefits or grants from the government. In fact. Tamba believes the current system actually penalises families with twins or more and is campaigning for change.

• Options
    Congratulations on the Hatrick, I bet he's kept the match balls!!
  • Options
    I know in America, Canada etc firms such as Pampers do discounts on all their products to families with twins and multiples. Which when you consider people with triplets will be getting through 30-40 a day, is a huge expense.

Some great comments and advice there from Ken. Having twins and multiples for most at such a tightening financial time is incredibly difficult. My wife was forced to resign from where she had worked for 23 years as the refused to give her part time, so we are down to one unimpressive frozen for three years salary while every expense and financial demand has gone through the roof.

Add financial pressure to the physical and emotional demands of having to deal with multiples at a time while everyone is being squeezed by their employer to work harder, and its easy to see how some people don't cope well with such a transition in their life, despite the wonderful benefits.
  • Options
    He's lucky he's pretty rich because triplets would be very expensive haha.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2011
    CHARLTON boss Chris Powell has told Saturday goal hero Danny Hollands not to rush back after he became the father of triplets yesterday.
    The midfielder, 25, headed two goals in Saturday’s 3-2 win at Rochdale that kept the Addicks top of the League One table.

Powell said: "I’ve already said to him that he is to stay with his partner and children until he is ready. “It will be tiring for him - although not as bad as for his partner! He will have tough times ahead, especially preparing for games. We’ve got to make sure we don’t rush him or that he doesn’t rush himself."
  • Options
    Sounds like he won't play again   :-)
  • Options

Can't we at least supply an attractive nanny?

Promotion is vital & we need Danny back.

• Options

Congratulations to the proud parents and well done the manager for saying the right thing at the right time. Hopefully this will take a bit of pressure off Danny and allow him to concentrate on his family until he is ready to take his place back in the team.

• Options
    Or a not-so-attractive nanny! The idea was for him not to get worn out :-)
  • Options
    three more potential Charlton supporters, well done Danny
  • Options
    Congrats to the Hollands.
  • Options
    very big congrats to danny and natalie best of luck guys!