Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shaun Bartlett - Any Questions ?

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
We had over a hundred tune in for this Sundays show with Steve Brown who gave us a very interesting interview and we are now pleased to announce that Shaun Bartlett will be our "live guest" on the show this Sunday 25th September 2011.

If you have any questions for Shaun let us know below or email info@charltonchoicetv.co.uk. 

Join us on our "Live Show" page on www.charltonchoicetv.co.uk from 7pm this Sunday. 

Charlton Choice Tv - FREE CAFC community radio for everyone. Get Involved

Comments

• Options
    Have you got any dirt to dish on Nelson Mandela?
  • Options
    Who was the better Striker JJ ,Euell or Pringle. 
  • Options
    Did he prefer playing as a lone striker or with a partner?
  • Options
    how much did he enjoy his volley against Leicester?   
  • Options
    Ive got South African grandparents does he think the National Football Team will ever really challenge at World Cup level in the later stages
  • Options
    How does he feel about the name Trevor?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Barts had always followed the fortunes of Manchester United.

So .......how did he feel, on his home Charlton debut, to score twice against them - and play such a big part in a match remembered as one of the great Charlton fightback games?

And then there was that Tottingham match at Three Point Lane - scored twice in a 3-0 lead and made a fantastic save to prevent Spuds pulling a goal back. Shame the referee thought otherwise, red carding the Bartman.

And no doubt a great feeling to score the Charlton winner at Anfield?
  • Options
    Have you got brain damage from heading the ball so much?
  • Options
    What was his favourite Charlton goal? The one against Leicester? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does he think he scored enough goals? He always worked hard, and was all over the pitch but his goals to games ratio wasn't great
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Does he think he scored enough goals? He always worked hard, and was all over the pitch but his goals to games ratio wasn't great
    But Curbs asked him to play the lone forward role for Charlton in most of his matches, sacrificing his own natural game for the good of the team.

That frequently meant that midfield team mates had a goals to game ratio that was better than expected.
  • Options
    Did the widespread booing of every Charlton player, employee and mascot effect the players?
  • Options

And then there was that Tottingham match at Three Point Lane - scored twice in a 3-0 lead and made a fantastic save to prevent Spuds pulling a goal back. Shame the referee thought otherwise, red carding the Bartman.

When he made the save against Tottenham (with his hands) and got sent off - did he think about what he was doing - or was it just instinctive?
  • Options
    But Curbs asked him to play the lone forward role for Charlton in most of his matches, sacrificing his own natural game for the good of the team.

That frequently meant that midfield team mates had a goals to game ratio that was better than expected.

I realise that, but as a striker did he think he was judged on goals? Rather than his all round contribution that created goals?
  • Options
    Was there anyone he came up against who could actually jump higher than him? 
  • Options
    I always thought Sean was a very talented player, but he played a role where he wasn't viewed as a star. Maybe, a bit of a workhorse, but nonetheless a very capable player, Assuming I am right, how did he feel about being a possibly undervalued player?
  • Options
    Always remember the game where he scored the volley against utd, giggs was a machine that day. Has to be one of the best games ive seen at the valley
  • Options
    In his opinion could he had extended his career at Charlton by transferring his talents to becoming a centre half, always something I thought he could have done very successfully.
  • Options
    i always thought bartlett was a better player when he was playing for a contract 
    almost as if a subconcious switch was flicked once it was signed 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always remember the game where he scored the volley against utd, giggs was a machine that day. Has to be one of the best games ive seen at the valley
    not remembering it too well as both his goals against utd were headers.
  • Options
    does mr bartlett think chirs powell could manage in the prem
  • Options
    shauns brilliant goal v leicester city would he himself rate that as this best ever goal? or has he scored a better goal in his career?
  • Options
    What was it like scoring the winner vs Liverpool in 2003/04 at Anfield.
  • Options
    Did he ever get any better crosses than those that he received on his debut against United? I think it was Kish that put in some beauties that day.
    Also what was the story with the prematch warm up routine that he and Fiiish had the team doing, how did it come about?
  • Options
    shauns brilliant goal v leicester city would he himself rate that as this best ever goal? or has he scored a better goal in his career?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFIIGhnq-Xk at 0.38 in the 3 2 win at spurs, this one must be up there lovely football
  • Options
    Shaun played at a time when the crowd at The Valley was on fire. The United draw, in particular, featured a crowd that positively sucked the ball into the net through sheer force of will for the equaliser.

With that in mind, what would Shaun say to the fans of today, who are more prone to booing and moaning than getting behind the team?

• Options

@jimmy85

Definitely agree with those sentiments regarding the crowd that day, and generally at that time. One of my abiding memories of that day was the whole North Stand mockingly chanting "Offside, Offside" at the officials after Charlton had been on the receiving end of a number of harsh offside calls. 30 seconds of chanting that and they didn't dare award another decision against us.

Much more productive giving some stick to the opposition and the officials rather than you're own players.

• Options
    Saw him at Bluewater once. Does he miss it?
  • Options
    Shaun and Mark Fish introduced the warm up "dance" whose idea was it, did any player object to it?