Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shaun Bartlett - Any Questions ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Shaun played at a time when the crowd at The Valley was on fire. The United draw, in particular, featured a crowd that positively sucked the ball into the net through sheer force of will for the equaliser.

With that in mind, what would Shaun say to the fans of today, who are more prone to booing and moaning than getting behind the team?

Oh dear. Clem_Snide will be along in a minute to sort you out :-)

But you are right about the United game. A fantastic game of football.

And while Oohaah, has a point, overall I think Shaun was outstanding value for us, and gave his all.

My question: He actually did a lot of defensive work. Andy Gray once made a feature of it on Sky. Was that something that came naturally to him or was it Curbs' orders?
  • Options
    I worked for a short while with a South African lad who counted Shaun Bartlett as a personal friend (he showed Shaun's number in his mobile) - he said that Shaun had grown up as a centre half but got stuck up front one day, scored a few goals and never looked back.
  • Options
    Was he aware of the connections between Charlton and South Africa?

• Options
    Always remember the game where he scored the volley against utd, giggs was a machine that day. Has to be one of the best games ive seen at the valley
    not remembering it too well as both his goals against utd were headers.
    My bad, I was thinking of the leicester goal. Giggs bossed the game, so I was right about that. Either way it was a great game and Bartlett was a quality player for us.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Robbo swivelled and scored the very late equaliser in that 3-3 Utd draw.

What was it like to play alongside Johnny Robinson, with his passion and frustrations overflowing all too freely?
    Any good stories of Robbo in full flow?
  • Options
    If there are two queues, why do I always choose the queue with the longest wait?
  • Options
    Saw him at Bluewater once. Does he miss it?
    I saw him at Victoria Station once while he was still playing for us. Told him I was a Charlton season-ticket holder and he cracked up laughing. Not the response I expected.
  • Options
    What did he think about the squad makeup, and the striking department when he left the club?  The striking department looked very poor apart from Darren, and there were rumours of a very disunited dressing room: Luke Young was said to have setup an Xmas (think it was?) party after Shaun had left and only a few players turned up.  Had the squad by the time he left become less focused as a unit?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Was it your first trip to The Valley for a few years ? Join us from 7pm tonight and let us know what you thought ! Or maybe youv got an opinion on 

• The match
    • Attendance
    • Performance of the team
    • The Referee 
    • Should there of been a foul before the Chesterfield penalty
    • Should Charlton have had a penalty before the 3rd goal
    • Yanns cameo performance
    • MK on Tues

We also have Shaun Bartlett on the show after 7pm.

Email: info@charltonchoicetv.co.uk
    Call Us: 02081332994

www.charltonchoicetv.co.uk and go to the live show page
  • Options
    How does he feel about the name Trevor?
    Thanks for the banana skin question lol. Something was nagging at the back of my mind I shouldn't ask it but I was intrigued and thought it might be a hidden secret behind the question. That will teach me a lesson for the future
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@jimmy85

Definitely agree with those sentiments regarding the crowd that day, and generally at that time. One of my abiding memories of that day was the whole North Stand mockingly chanting "Offside, Offside" at the officials after Charlton had been on the receiving end of a number of harsh offside calls. 30 seconds of chanting that and they didn't dare award another decision against us.

Much more productive giving some stick to the opposition and the officials rather than you're own players.

Haha Largo - I still chant that to this day in reference to that!!