Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man U on telly

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Man Utd have always had fans from around the country, probably due to Munich and the sympathy the country had for them.
    Doubt that is the reason, probably because they were the first English club to win the European cup they had Bobby Charlton and the fifth Beatle playing for them with all the publicity that entails.
    I told the Man U-never been to Old Trafford gloryboy at work about the Chesterfield offer so he could take his 11 year old boy to a live game. His response, 'I dont think so, I wanna watch good football'! There you have it, the armchair fans are so spoilt, anything less than the Sky 4 aint worth a look in.
  • Options

who are the sky 4 ??? 

• Options

who are the sky 4 ??? 

arsenal
    Chelsea
    man u
    man c
    liverpool
    spurs
    newcastle
    leeds
    blackburn
  • Options

I wont on principal watch Sky They are only interested in the so called top 4. which to be honest is totally boring

But Its not only sky that has ruined football, it's also

All seater stadiums making it more expensive,

The Bosnam Ruling that allows players  to blackmail the teams they play for  & putting up prices

And the end  of Local ITV when they used to have proper London matches on a sunday afternoon. Every team was shown at some point in the season, including those in Div 4  

• Options
    Is twosheds back in this thread?
  • Options

who are the sky 4 ??? 

arsenal
    Chelsea
    man u
    man c
    liverpool
    spurs
    newcastle
    leeds
    blackburn

Except for Man City, Spurs, Newcastle, Leeds and Blackburn...  

• Options
    People complaining about SKY obviously have short memories or no understanding of footballing history - ironically they are probably 96ers themselves.

As for the SKY four-there's only one TV cartel and that's the Big Five-Man U, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Everton.

Not one game shown LIVE on terrestrial TV in the 80s in the top division that didn't involve one of the those sides...

How many times were we shown live from 86-90?
  • Options
    People complaining about SKY obviously have short memories or no understanding of footballing history - ironically they are probably 96ers themselves.
    Well obviously I have no understanding because I have no clue what a 96er is.  Is it like a 99 with a very little flake?
  • Options
    Well obviously I have no understanding because I have no clue what a 96er is.  Is it like a 99 with a very little flake?
    Maybe he got the numbers the wrong way round but wanted to spice up the debate?

SKY is a disease on football.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I think people are not fully grasping the argument here. Saying SKY is bad isn't the same as saying it was perfect before. That clearly wasn't the case, but it's clear it's gone too far the other way. Look at the German leagues, big crowds, cheap tickets, safe standing. They seem to have got it right where we have got it wrong. Now you could argue that if we'd gone down that route we wouldn't have "The best league in the world"(tm), but I think we'd have a better England team and more competition, so seems like a fair trade to me.

And all this business of "well if you disagree with me then you'er obviously new/stupid/plastic/whatever", please give it a rest, people are allowed to disagree. If you're so unsure of your own argument that you feel the need to denigrate anybody who disagrees then please the conversation to those mature enough to have an adult discussion. It makes you look stupid especially when you call somebody who's been a fan for over 30 years a 96er (whatever that may be, I'm guessing another term for newcomer or glory hunter, though I can't imagine many glory hunters posting on a league 1 message board, but there you go).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think people are not fully grasping the argument here. Saying SKY is bad isn't the same as saying it was perfect before. That clearly wasn't the case, but it's clear it's gone too far the other way. Look at the German leagues, big crowds, cheap tickets, safe standing. They seem to have got it right where we have got it wrong. Now you could argue that if we'd gone down that route we wouldn't have "The best league in the world"(tm), but I think we'd have a better England team and more competition, so seems like a fair trade to me.

And all this business of "well if you disagree with me then you'er obviously new/stupid/plastic/whatever", please give it a rest, people are allowed to disagree. If you're so unsure of your own argument that you feel the need to denigrate anybody who disagrees then please the conversation to those mature enough to have an adult discussion. It makes you look stupid especially when you call somebody who's been a fan for over 30 years a 96er (whatever that may be, I'm guessing another term for newcomer or glory hunter, though I can't imagine many glory hunters posting on a league 1 message board, but there you go).
    Very good post.