Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Allan Simonsen

Comments

• Options
    any lifers on here who were the kids with the banner?? would probably be in your mid to late 30's now so could well be some of you!! come one... afka was there i would imagine but he could see over the wall...
  • Options

Pity so many of you never saw Stuart Leary playing for us, you just 'might' have reconsidered your comments re Simonsen being the best player ever to play for us.

Ok, he was the most famous and highly regarded, so from 'that' point of view he was I suppose the greatest ever player to play for us.......but I'll almost certainly guarantee that there are many of us 'old un's' who'd say Stuart was our greatest ever player.

He was mine................ that's for sure!

• Options
    just for you sound as..

• Options
    Didn't he score the winning goal for Denmark in a 1-0 win against England at Wembley in qualifying for Euro 84?
  • Options

any lifers on here who were the kids with the banner?? would probably be in your mid to late 30's now so could well be some of you!! come one... afka was there i would imagine but he could see over the wall...
    the kid holding that banner looks like how i'd imagine pete loveridge would have looked at that age.
  • Options
    Mrs. Paddy 7 is from his home town in Denmark and once had one of his Denmark shirts. Apparently her mum put it out when she outgrew it!! Wonderful player at the wrong time. I think that Blackburn game referred to earlier on the thread was on a Sunday (not for tv), one of the few times I managed to see him after having to work most Saturdays at the time. A complete non-event but at least I picked up a couple of luridly coloured Dickies singles in the nearby record fair.
  • Options
    just for you sound as..

Thanks for these Adam.....I thought I'd seen just about all the picures of Stuart that are readily available but I can't remember having seen either of these.

Did you know there's a web site dedicated to Stuart? Maybe you should send these to that site for inclusion.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    no mate had no idea, a simple google images search is all it took me. heres a classic

another charlton legend in the middle... any idea?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Derek Ufton.
  • Options

only 5 foot 9 mate... ;-)
  • Options
    Great player but one player does not make à team it was à privlange to see him .
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Doesn't look too bad a player! I think there's one goal in there in a Charlton shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNvgj4unAKE

• Options
    Brilliant!
  • Options
    Is that Mork Calling Denmark?
  • Options
    as PBS said i wonder if the kid with the banner is the late great Peter Loveridge, that's who i first thought it was when i saw it
  • Options
    In the picture of the three cricketers Sid O,Linn is on the right.They all played together for both us and Kent
  • Options
    Late 30s.....................nope I checked its not me : )

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Funny kit we had back then.

• Options
    Leary & Summers - best striking partnership we've had in the last 50 years.
  • Options
    I'm really pleased someone started this thread as i was trying to explain to my kids last week about him , equivalent of Charlton signing Messi? why on earth did he come here? do you think he thought he was playing for Chelsea or Arsenal and realised he'd dropped a clanger when he turned up at the Valley?
  • Options
    Didnt the run out on to the pitch with the star wars theme?
  • Options
    I think the reason he came to us was that our Youth Coach at the time was Ernst Nutuka who had discovered Simonsen earlier in his career.
  • Options
    I think the reason he came to us was that our Youth Coach at the time was Ernst Nutuka who had discovered Simonsen earlier in his career.
    Thanks Richard.
  • Options
    Just want to clarify - as earlier mentioned the kid with the banner is Pete Loveridge (My Dad!)
  • Options
    Andre 3000 - any chance of a phone number for Kelis ? ;-))
  • Options

as PBS said i wonder if the kid with the banner is the late great Peter Loveridge, that's who i first thought it was when i saw it

I thought the same , have just sent to Nat to check .
  • Options

I thought the same , have just sent to Nat to check .
    See my post above :)