Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Allan Simonsen

13»

Comments

• Options
    Didn't know u were on here ant . Catch ya soon . Doyley
  • Options
    As said above, defo the ledge that is Pete Loveridge rip, that face is one only a mother could love (rip Pearly as well)

Great people gone too early.

AntSe7en didnt know you here either.

Ollie C
  • Options
    MCS said:

As said above, defo the ledge that is Pete Loveridge rip, that face is one only a mother could love (rip Pearly as well)

Ollie C

Ollie leave it out I have the same face!! Haha,

Only been on here a little while, reading older posts mainly
  • Options
    Antse7en said:

MCS said:

Ollie C

Ollie leave it out I have the same face!! Haha,

Only been on here a little while, reading older posts mainly

Haha you are a chip off the old block most defo. solly ;-)

• Options
    got great memories of Pete, knew him well, not seen Andy on here for a while
  • Options
    MCS said:
    I did mate! I've also come across the story of chinning a linesman haha - excellent
  • Options
    Remember that goal very well. Need someone like him to coach our youngsters on how to control a ball and of course dribble past players with ease.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In response to a couple of the above posts. The story about him being picked up from the airport on a motorbike?, I remember reading the same at the time. Regarding what did he say about us at the time and when he left. IMO he conducted himself impeccably throughout what were very difficult times, there were also rumours that his wages hadn't been paid! but he never went public about it. Some years after he left and we were involved in a relegation battle, there was an article in the Sub Standard I think, with the headline "Simmo vigil in Vigle" (his home town) in which he stated his affection for the club and that he was following our results and hoping that we would escape relegation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simmo was quite simply the best player I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt.

He was a lovely guy who I got to know quite well as he moved into The Foc'stle in Yester Road, Chislehurst (now Helen Shapiro's House) and was a neighbour - I went jogging with him a few times when I was lighter and fitter.

I remeber my dad 'phoning me at work and saying...

"Does your new signing come from Barcelona?" (He was a Bristol Rovers fan)

"Yes Dad, why?"

'Cos there's a fcuking great Spanish pantechnican blocking our drive way and I can't get to work".
  • Options
    I keep telling Golfie Jnr that it would be the equivilant today of Oldham signing Messi or Ronaldo.
  • Options
    He was superb - a bright light in the middle of very dark days to be a Charlton supporter

If only we had a few players at the time who could have been on his wavelength, the results would have been mind bending

I remember my Dad saying to me on the way to the ground when I went to the first match I saw him play at the Valley 'he is a European footballer of the year and played for Barcelona'

Mean't F all to me !!! I knew sod all about all that - all I knew was Charlton, The Big Match and when Dad let me stay up for Match of the Day

Then I saw Simonson play ............

Dad thought he was 'OK' - he had seen better in the 50's (!!!) but I was a young lad - never seen anything like him before

Good memories - but shortly after it all went tits up of course
  • Options
    He was the light in a dark time.
  • Options
    Best player ever to wear a Charlton shirt by a country mile.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Agreed. And that includes comparison to anyone who played during our Prem years.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Scoham said:
    An excellent article. One factual slip - we were not at Selhurst for seven years.

I remember going to the reserve game and hanging around afterwards to get Simmo's autograph. John Collins, one of the directors, took my book and got it for me, so I never personally met Simmo. I guess the book is somewhere up in the attic.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Scoham said:
    An excellent article. One factual slip - we were not at Selhurst for seven years.

I remember going to the reserve game and hanging around afterwards to get Simmo's autograph. John Collins, one of the directors, took my book and got it for me, so I never personally met Simmo. I guess the book is somewhere up in the attic.
    best hunt for it & check it...........I hear Killer was a dab hand at forgeries back in the day.
  • Options
    what ever happened to Mark Hulyer?, he must in his 60's now. Although he was instrumental in the problems we experienced in the 80's. I felt he loved the club and only wanted to make it better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

what ever happened to Mark Hulyer?, he must in his 60's now. Although he was instrumental in the problems we experienced in the 80's. I felt he loved the club and only wanted to make it better.

Football agent :
    http://www.fieldoo.com/markhulyer?locale=fr
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    masicat said:

Correction.......best player that 'you ever saw' wearing a Charlton shirt!