Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Chesterfield | 24th September 2011 | Preview, Teams, Predictions, News

13»

Comments

• Options
    A big score would be nice, I think goal difference is going to be important this season.
  • Options

Does anyone truly expect us to beat the 'Home Operation Curse' and win tomorrow?!!

CAFC 0 Chsfld 2

• Options
    I've been thinking this seasons 'shock home defeat' will come against Stevenage.
  • Options
    Bigger question is if we score we score will we do the baby celebration?
    3 times perhaps?
  • Options
    Draw at halftime and a win for us in the in the 2nd half. 
    It bothers me that we get so nervy defending a lead.
  • Options
    Charlton 3-1 Chesterfield COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Gord knows. Don't know how chesterfield play. Direct, physical. Not sure but I'll take a punt on 2-0 us
  • Options
    5-1 reds. BWP hatrick, Taylor and Solly.
  • Options
    Sticking with my usual 3-1 prediction.
    BWP (12), Jackson (Pen 49), Morrison (67) - Clarke (73)
  • Options
    Bigger question is if we score we score will we do the baby celebration?
    3 times perhaps?
    how about, a rendition of noddy holder going "Baybee, baybee, baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

3-0 to us a (relatively) packed valley, great atmosphere and sore head tomorrow.

And then the obligatory post match thread focusing on something negative about the day about one of the following:

- Should have won 8-0

- Despite Wagstaff's brace and MOM performance that misplaced pass in injury time could have gifted them a throw in

- The head on the half time beerrs was a mm too short

- The scum who stood up in the back of the covered end for 4 seconds to get a better view of our corner would be more at home "down the road at Millwall" if they want to do that sort of thing

- Yes we're top but you can use statistics to prove anything

- and I lost my Dolphin

• Options
    If Stephens is out I'd put Jacko in the middle and play Evina on the wing. Green on the right and BWP up top with Hayes or Kermit

I'm hopeful of a comfortable win but will settled for an efficient 2-0
  • Options
    A nice sold 3-1 win would be great and important ahead of two such difficult matches...
  • Options
    Worried about massive expectation levels and their man Cort. Crowd could get restless if it is still 0-0 after 10 minutes or they start well and score first.

The Exeter £5 experiment last season must have put off thousands of potential regulars. It was awful. 

Its just the perfect opportunity for a solid team like Chesterfield to spoil the party.

Hope we don't alienate thousands more this afternoon. .
  • Options
    Charlton to keep improving the home record. A bit concerned that the large crowd might work in favour for Chesterfield (and what third division players wouldn't want to play in front of 20,000+?), but we've got a new and improved squad now, so they should be encouraged just as much, if not more.
  • Options
    Come on Charlton, let's do the business and give us a win.
    A lot of people behind the club have put a lot of effort and time to get this game a decent crowd.
    I am sure Chestefield will  be up for it, playing at an ex- prem ground, the stage is set, the time is now , and  the Opera singer is gonna sing, when it is all over we need a  good win,
    and a game to be proud of?
  • Options
    I'm feeling this is a different Charlton to the one we've had for the past 5 seasons....I think they'll be spurred on by the big vociferous crowd....3-1 to The Addicks.

COYR!
  • Options
    Relatively nervous about this one.
    They will be well up for it and our players may just struggle with the burden of expectation from the stands.
    We really need to put on a show and get at least 2K of the transient support back in for the next home game. 
    2-2.
  • Options
    Just put a bet on Chesterfield to win. I hope I lose.
  • Options
    Oh ye of little faith.

Not that I blame you given how we usually play in 'operation' type games!

I'm sure you're happy to have lost this particular bet, though.
  • Sponsored links: