Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Kermit going to give us the X Factor ?

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Having seen the first cameo by our new Striker, I was already talking about what Yann might bring to the team. He looked immediately very comfortable and strong on the ball, and by all accounts was quite a handful for the Dons defence last night. Very significant also was the contribution by Danny Green who confirmed his reputation as an excellent crosser of the ball. If  you look now at the squad, we have good cover in all areas, which surely will make a difference as we head into the bad weather. Well done to CP and everyone else who has contributed, what a difference a year can make.

Comments

• Kermit really gets on well with Green. His favourite colour player.

We really seem to have a Muppets theme going on down the valley. The two grumpy old men from the balcony now sit behind me in the north upper.

Sam the eagle is not welcome however.
  • He certainly looks a better option from the bench than Euell. Good start from Kermit.
  • is there any truth in the rumour that kermits middle finger smells of pork... sorry.
  • Was it was AFKA in the match thread that posted 'Who Who Who, Whoooo let the frog out!!' just after he scored! Did make me laugh when I read it and could be a good song for him (unless the PC brigade deem it racist...)
  • get Svensson back as the swedish chef
  • Bunch of muppets

• the covered end 'band' used to do a bit of the muppets theme tune - time to reel it out again. 

• Hardman Hughes can be "Animal"
  • Sponsored links:

• Hamer can be big bird and Doherty is pink enough to be miss piggy
  • So who is Fozzie Bear?
  • Powell is huggy bear!
  • http://bit.ly/qGJAOS Overhead kick by kermongant
  • Kermit is having a bit of an impact in the fortnight since he signed.

3 sub appearances ........2 goals, 2 assists. ......and he's only played about 75 mins total in those 3 games!!

3 sub appearances ........2 goals, 2 assists. ......and he's only played about 75 mins total in those 3 games!!

Yep, it seems he has that extra bit of class.

Where's the thread on him when he signed?

• edited October 2011
    Kermit is having a bit of an impact in the fortnight since he signed.

2 assists...? ah, I forgot, Waggy assists don't count ;-)
  • Couldn't find it, BFR ......so I picked this one, lol

I'd get the bollocking of a lifetime if I'd started a new one!
  • Is this really the same player who came from Leicester.........? What was their song about him called -  'Totally shit from the start'.......He seems alright to me!

• edited October 2011
    Kermit is having a bit of an impact in the fortnight since he signed.

Yep, it seems he has that extra bit of class.

Where's the thread on him when he signed?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/43250/yann-kermogant-striker-ed.-signed/p1

here
  • Sponsored links:

2 assists...? ah, I forgot, Waggy assists don't count ;-)
    Green would have got another assist today, if he'd played in Kermit for a chance on a plate.
    Instead he went for glory.
  • AFKA said on the link above:

"Don't think i've ever been so unimpressed with a signing since we signed
    non-league Darlington's low scoring fifth choice striker.

So he will probably turn out a genius. "

;o)
  • he scored 1 in 20 for Leicester but scored 2 in 2 for us. they must feel really annoyed
  • Said on the commentary that he has been taking this p*ss in training, running rings around everyone. Also Powelly said that when he first saw him at Leicester, it was the most impressive trial he's ever seen. Think we've found a real talent. Don't know if this has been posted before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ScTbvp9qOU&NR=1
  • edited October 2011
    they'll probably say he's found his level (leicester fans)
  • BBC Commentary was making comparisons to Cantona in terms of style of play, I don't know how valid a comparison it is but if he's a tenth as good...
  • Powelly said that when he first saw him at Leicester, it was the most impressive trial he's ever seen. 
    i think Powell & his team have up until now shown an incredible eye for a player, it helps to have the funds to bring them in - but his signings so far have been very impressive
  • Kermit has done brilliant so far I hope he scores a lot more goals this season and helps other players in getting goals for the super Addicks.
  • edited October 2011
    BBC Commentary was making comparisons to Cantona in terms of style of play, I don't know how valid a comparison it is but if he's a tenth as good...
    if he kicks palace fans like him he'll be a legend here...