Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Kermit going to give us the X Factor ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    He's too short.
  • Options
    Great song and a wondefrul miss - for us. Powell is a genius!
  • Options
    I think he should start next match. If he's running rings around everyone in training, scoring and making assists in cameo appearances in games (against very tough oppponents as well) then he's obviously shown the quality, and has done more than Hayes has in the last two games with less opportunity. I know that not changing a winning side has been one of SCP's new mottos. But I think competition is more important and you can't reinforce competition if you don't reward those who perform the best.
  • Options
    I expect he'll start in the JPT game next week, perhaps alongside Waggy with Green coming in on the right.
  • Options
    I think he should start next match. If he's running rings around everyone in training, scoring and making assists in cameo appearances in games (against very tough oppponents as well) then he's obviously shown the quality, and has done more than Hayes has in the last two games with less opportunity. I know that not changing a winning side has been one of SCP's new mottos. But I think competition is more important and you can't reinforce competition if you don't reward those who perform the best.
    He clearly isn't fully match fit yet. Chris signed him, he knows his capabilities well and he seems to have impressed everybody with his ability both in training and in his cameo appearances.

Getting players who's potentials have been overlooked for small money is the future of this club. I think we might have unearthed one - its exciting times.
  • Options
    Exactly what we needed. lambert got Saints up and Holt got Norwich up. We have our version that looks like he could have more quality than either of these! He's going to scare teams.......
  • Options
    Great start to his Charlton career, lets hope he sustains it.
  • Options
    To be honest, I think he's losing his touch.  He started out great today, but then just couldn't keep it up ;-)
  • Options
    Said on another thread that I don't think I've seen a Charlton striker attack the ball in the air like him since Shaun Bartlett.

Add to that his touch and vision and we look like we've got quite a player on our hands.

Powell looked really pleased for him when he scored today.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Powell will also have been be very satisfied with himself for bringing him in. A moment of madness and a very good player becomes damaged goods - that was to our advantage and we have a player well above the league we are in. Can't rush him in the team - he has to get fully fit - but we don't have to rush. For the moment, 10-20 minutes is enough for him to influence the game in our favour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From the youtube clips, that wasn't the first time he's tried the little chipped penalty routine. Perhaps that's an indication of his confidence and ability. Di Canio did the same against Arsenal and people were talking about it for years after. Only difference was the keeper dived for Di Canio and the ball nestled into the centre of the net!
  • Options
    Probably the wrong time to do it but in life you make mistakes - especially in the moment. Had he scored it, he might not be with us now so could be a great miss for Charlton.
  • Options
    Worth pointing out that I dont think any other manager could have brought him to Charlton. Another reason we should praise the appointment of CP.
  • Options
    Regarding his fitness, Powell says he's pretty much there as he had a full pre-season with Leicester and was only without a club for about a week, so he won't be far away. Just needs match fitness that comes from playing.
  • Options
    I imagine he'll feature for part of the JPT game and Powell will have to take a view as to whether he has 90 minutes in him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hayes start against Tranmere but YK will certainly get his chance soon.
  • Options

Think we need to make a positive song for him!,

All the songs iv heard have been  ***** the guy off

• Options
    As good as he was yesterday, it could have been sent off. If the ref or linesman had seen the kick out at the fullback he would have been off and banned for 3 games. Hope that isnt a feature of his game!
  • Options
    To the une of baby give it up:

Na na na na na na na na yanni Kermogant, kermorgant, Yanni Kermorgant...

Okay, it's pants but at least we wont forget the words.

I'm sure you all know the tune but just in case...........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeqtAB1WgEw&feature=related
  • Options
    2 things.  I think being able to bring BWP off early is going to extend his shelf life this season.  Having a striker like Kermogant to bring on when the oppos (and our) legs are getting tired will finish off a few teams this season I reckon.  If BWP does get injured we've got a tough goalscorer with atttitude in reserve.  Oh that's three things.  
  • Options

OOH AH KERMORGANT