Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How's Racon getting on Sparrows?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2011
    There was plenty of people ready to bury Powell last season ( and im sure they will come out the woodwork if we have a bad run) but they weren't haters. No charlton fan could ever hate Chris Powell. Legend.
  • Options
    Not hiding in the woodwork, Beds.
    Happy to admit I wanted to bury Powell last season; I think it was after about the 14th game without a win and more to the point no sign that he could make a difference.
    I didn't even buy into the "wait until he has his own squad" business, because I thought he should have at least shown some sign of competence with the players available.
    Delighted to be proved wrong of course, as it now seems.
    Like you say though, no addick could ever hate him, however things pan out
  • Options
    I met a few mill wall fans in the summer who were so pleased as they thought they'd signed our best player. I'd say he wouldnt make our bench now.
  • Options
    Love watching Trotter, he doesn't carry injuries well, can be so far off nothing you won't see him when he's carrying one.  But he's just wonderful to watch when he's up to speed, has everything a bit like Huddlestone in how he can play and spray, but he stays central and literally players bounce off of him as he snaffles the ball off them.  And another thing even when he is shite and barely moving, he can suddenly come alive if the game opens up and few can stop when he goes for a cross.

As for Racon in comparison, he's a joke footballer.  Abdou who's a bit erratic in positioning is 50 times as effective as Racon.
  • Options
    I must admit ++++wall taking in Racon was one of the strangest transfers/signings of all time. So weird
  • Options

Their scouts are top class.  

All they had to do was go down the road and see how crap Racon is. 

Must of been impressed with the amout of possession he had. he did dwell on the ball a fair bit.