Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield United vs. Charlton | 1st October 2011 | Match Preview, Teams, News, Predictions

Comments

• Options
    Heart saying a draw
    Head saying a loss

To take anything from this game would put us mentally in a strong position.
  • Options
    Sheff UTD 1 Charlton Athletic 2

Can`t believe some of the negative predictions on here!

Why is that then, because we are all Charlton fans on a Charlton board does not mean to say we all have to vote for a win each week. This game will be our toughest test so far against a team who will pushing us all the way to the end of the season.  

• Options
    5-1 Sheff
  • Options
    2-1 to Charlton. Lucky win though.
  • Options

Why is that then, because we are all Charlton fans on a Charlton board does not mean to say we all have to vote for a win each week. This game will be our toughest test so far against a team who will pushing us all the way to the end of the season.  

This one will be a feast of football to behold , 3-0 Sheffield United
  • Options
    I think we'll get a point. Going for 1-1.
  • Options
    Very bad feeling about this one ...
  • Options
    From what I've seen and what others have said on CL it seems that we have problems when the opposition get stuck into our midfield. I would hope that after Tuesday CP will have work that out and have a system to combat it. That being so I look forward to watching a 2-2 draw.
  • Options
    3-1 really can't see us getting anything from this game, but as long as we win the next few wont derail us.

• Options
    2-1 to us. Jackson and Morrison. Will be close - and I'd be delighted with a draw!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bramall Lane is a proper football ground with a good atmosphere, accenuated by it's proximity to the centre of Sheffield. Always look forward to this one.

I will be interested to see how they are handling having an Owl as manager.

Happy with a point. A win will bust open the top of this division, but probably too much to ask for. COYR.
  • Options
    A win next week could open a little gap up the top for us seeing as preston take on sheff utd
  • Options
    I have a good feeling about this one 1-0 to us,with a great defensive display after an early goal from BWP.
  • Options
    This team is quite capable of getting a win at Sheffield United on Saturday.I think we will come under pressure early and as long as we can withstand the opening 15-20 mins we've got the players to hit them on the break .I predict a 2-nil win to us and a statement of intent to the rest of the league.
  • Options
    Lots of goals in the game 4-2 to the addicks providing we get out of the traps a bit quicker.
  • Options
    Very tight 0-1. BWP (59)
  • Options
    Hmmm who knows, wouldnt be suprised if we go 4-5-1 to keep em out with hughes on although that would not be the way forward for us at the moment.

Hard game to predict not going but looking forward to matchday...can see us nicking it.
  • Options
    I'd take a point now, but fear we're due a defeat...I think they'll be up for it too.
  • Options

Some people on here have predicted a loss or a draw EVERY GAME THIS SEASON, you'd think we was in a relegation battle, not top of the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2011
    I thought going into the two consecutive tough games that MK Dons would be the hardest. Sheff Utd are one of the better sides though and are going to be massively up for it. A lot is going to depend on a couple of things - a) how positively we approach the game and b) luck. If we set out to contain Sheff Utd I think it will be a mistake - it could work but if we allow them to come onto us I'm not sure we are strong enough defensively to withstand it - for me the key to success will be imposing our game on them. This will be down to the state of the mind of the players and how the manager and coaching staff approach this test.

The result could come down to luck, one way or another but you do have to make your luck so if Sheff Utd are coming at us all guns blazing and we are not going toe to toe with them as in the first half on Tuesday, I would be more pessimistic. I can see us doing this but I can also see us ensuring that lessons were learned and that we set out more positively. Whatever the outcome, if we approach the game with confidence and adventure I will be content - iut it will make a positive outcome more likely in my opinion.

A hard game to call with a good case possible to be made for every permutation of result. Because I have faith in Chrissy and the team and because I am an optimist I'll go for a Charlton win -in a tight game - 2-1.

• Options
    As with many others on here I agree this will be a very difficult game...however CP seems to have instilled a 'winning' mentality and that defeat is not an option........going to be close...but I reckon we have enough to get a draw 1-1, with us scoring first and then pegged back.

After my travels to Nottingham on Tuesday night - tomorrow will see the Match thread return to Hinckley Broadcasting House from about 2 pm...........members only!!
  • Options
    Tough game. 1-0 to us
  • Options
    Defend from the front!

Attack from the back!

COYR
  • Options
    Back to winning ways

0-2 to the Haddocks!
  • Options
    1-2 - Sheff Utd have been in bad form recently. Green to put in a ball at the end to nick it at the death!

Will take a draw though, Preston will be our biggest challenge.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Almost impossible to predict. Both will fancy their chances. United have 12 from from 15 at home and we have 13 from 15 away. We never seem to do great at Sheffield United though (8 defeats in our last 10 visits there). That being said there's a steel about us and a goal threat with BWP. So I'll sit on the fence and say 2-2 draw. I'll be chuffed with a draw. Doesn't really matter to me about being top or not after 11 games, from an overall season perspective a draw at Bramall Lane would be a point gained.  
  • Options
    2 1 haddocks.  I think Sheff U will drop off with Plymouth, Hudd and Weds competing for the promotion places.
  • Options
    That would be some turnaround by Plymouth.
  • Options
    2 1 haddocks.  I think Sheff U will drop off with Plymouth, Hudd and Weds competing for the promotion places.
    Plymouth???