Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£100m+ . Would you tick the box marked publicity?

Comments

• Options
    I know someone very personally who went public with his winnings on the lottery.

The basic reason behind it was, that if he went public he would be supported better from Camelot and it would help when it came down to things like leaving work or things like that.

At the end of the day if they want to go public then its up to them. 

Yes it can cause problems (as i have witnessed) but it has major advantages too...
  • Options
    I know someone very personally who went public with his winnings on the lottery.

The basic reason behind it was, that if he went public he would be supported better from Camelot and it would help when it came down to things like leaving work or things like that.

Yes it can cause problems (as i have witnessed) but it has major advantages too...
    So if you dont go public Camelot wont help you as much?  Sound pretty much like blackmail. 
  • Options

Why not name him then rather than being all mysterious?
  • Options

So if you dont go public Camelot wont help you as much?  Sound pretty much like blackmail. 
    They help you, but the point being is....if someone finds out that you have won it and tells the press then Camelot won't be able to help as much as they would if you went public in the first place.

Well that's what i have heard anyway, so some people may have a different view on it.
  • Options
    I would not go public.  Would give loads away then buy houses round the world and spend my days seeing the many wonders of the world and doing voluntary work.
  • Options

"They help you, but the point being is....if someone finds out that you have won it and tells the press then Camelot won't be able to help as much as they would if you went public in the first place."

I'm sorry but that just doesn't make any sense at all.

• Options
    Nice problem to loose sleep over..............
  • Options
    I'd go public.  The goldiggers would need to know where to come to.  I'd probably not invest in a football club.  I'd invest in a dead eyed east european called Svetlana and live out my days being milked (financially)
  • Options
    My Wife asked me what I would do if I won £100 Million. I said I would get a Wife who would do what I told her. She said for £100 million she would consider it.
  • Options

My wife told me if I won the lottery she'd take her half and leave. I won at the weekend and told her she could start packing whilst I sorted out her half. When she came back downstairs I said "here's your fiver, now feck off"!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

A guy on BBC today who won £3M on the lottery and went public got loads of begging letters. Someone did some research and found that 20% of the letters he got came from people who were worth more than the £3M he won.

Makes you wonder.

• Options
    If you choose to stay anonymous the press cannot print any details about you!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'd go public.  The goldiggers would need to know where to come to.  I'd probably not invest in a football club.  I'd invest in a dead eyed east european called Svetlana and live out my days being milked (financially)
  • Options
    I've thought about this before. If I won over 100 million I would pump at least 8 million into charlton. Wouldn't go public.
  • Options
    No publicity, and would not invest in Pro football, would consider giving some to a couple of clubs that I have been involved in who have supported the Kent league and Bexley league. I would try and give something back to the game that has given me immense pleasure and where so many parents and kids develop a love and understanding of being part of a club/team .Sponsor a local five a side youth football with a cheque for help with training etc/qualified coaching etc.
    That sort of thing.......
  • Options

No pulicity.

I'd buy a five year season ticket for every seat at Sellout Park. Yes it means giving them some money but they would have to play in front of only away supporters at every home game for five years. If and when we play them I'd give the tickets to every CAFC supporter to get in free. (My staff would do all the organising, of course.) I'd also have 'Get In For Free' days for lots of matches at the Valley and pay the bill at the end of each game then fly back to the Caymans.

On a purely selfish note, as well as donating some to various charities, I'd set up a research foundation to come up with a cure for gluten allergies so that I, and some other Lifers could drink proper beer again. 

• Options
    Publicity ?

Ha, I wouldn't even tell my wife !
    THAT! THIS! YOU KNOW!
  • Options

No pulicity.

I'd buy a five year season ticket for every seat at Sellout Park. Yes it means giving them some money but they would have to play in front of only away supporters at every home game for five years. If and when we play them I'd give the tickets to every CAFC supporter to get in free. (My staff would do all the organising, of course.) I'd also have 'Get In For Free' days for lots of matches at the Valley and pay the bill at the end of each game then fly back to the Caymans.

On a purely selfish note, as well as donating some to various charities, I'd set up a research foundation to come up with a cure for gluten allergies so that I, and some other Lifers could drink proper beer again. 

May as well just buy Palace as it would be cheaper and you could then just ban all their fans from attending!
  • Options
    No. A slow lingering demise would be much more satisfying.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

No publicity, would pretend we had won a couple of hundred grand to explain new house.

Yes I would invest a substantial amount in Charlton. 

Agree with this - I'd say I'd won £200k on an accumulator or something, explains a move abroad to a decent house, holidays etc.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    No publicity, not a chance. Id help Charlton out if it was in need, but i wouldnt be pumping money in. Plus, i like the idea of us doign well through merit. I daresay if we had a bad run id be tempted to throw them a few mil to get a few better players in. But id restrain myself. Probably run a guitar shop or something for funs with longggggggggggg holidays to lovely places every few months :) 
  • Options
    I'd go public, I'd even tell you where I am : P

Somewhere in the Maldives....................
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'd hide the money, give up my job but not change any other aspects of my lifestyle in case anybody suspects anything and asks me for some of it, become increasingly isolated from the human race then die alone and frightened.

Thats what I'd do, happy days!   :0)

• Options
    About 10 of my mates went to that club up west end where they had telephones on all the tables and pretended they had won about 75k each on the lotto

Needless to say it paid off, and the girls were all over them!
  • Options
    Publicity? F*** no.

If I won 101 million quid I would literally be gone within a day - as would the money. This country would never see a penny of it.
  • Options
    I'd buy Millwall FC and close it down.
  • Options
    No, I didn't go public.  DOH!
  • Options
    Not a chance not worth the grief. Plenty of other people around to advise u of what to do with the money and how to manage it!

I'd just say I won £500k and wouldn't live to lavish in front of people. On my own id prob Sleep on wads of cash!
  • Options

I wouldnt go public.

What i want to do though, and i have it planned out in my head so that in the eventuality that i do win some serious money im prepared.

I want to build a brand of schools, Soccer schools. Will be football orientated, but will focus on schoolwork too. Will act as a feeder school into Pro clubs academies. Scouts will come to watch training and pre-arranged games. I will hire the best teachers and coaches. I.e it will be 45 minute lessons. Morning - Maths, After first break - English, After lunch - Football practice.  Then different classes each day etc.

Id imagine id have loads of applications for the school as most little lads want to be footballers, so i would have to hold some sort of trials / soccer idol type method.

If the kids arent picked up by ANY club, they would have some great academic standard with something to fall back on.

I might have to tweak some stuff obviously but thats my blueprint, sorta.

• Options

I wouldnt go public.

What i want to do though, and i have it planned out in my head so that in the eventuality that i do win some serious money im prepared.

I want to build a brand of schools, Soccer schools. Will be football orientated, but will focus on schoolwork too. Will act as a feeder school into Pro clubs academies. Scouts will come to watch training and pre-arranged games. I will hire the best teachers and coaches. I.e it will be 45 minute lessons. Morning - Maths, After first break - English, After lunch - Football practice.  Then different classes each day etc.

Id imagine id have loads of applications for the school as most little lads want to be footballers, so i would have to hold some sort of trials / soccer idol type method.

If the kids arent picked up by ANY club, they would have some great academic standard with something to fall back on.

I might have to tweak some stuff obviously but thats my blueprint, sorta.

Sounds like you need Dragons Den more than the lottery.