Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£100m+ . Would you tick the box marked publicity?

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2011

the probs with investing into the club is that you would want some control over where the money was spent.

If I won I personally would give some money to the club with the specific instruction that it would be for the day to day running of the club and not the team wages - updated equpment, pc's photocopiers, filing cabinets, pay rises for back room staff (non football), larger budget for staff catering, big budget for xmas party for staff, full training and team building exercises and rewards, i could think of tons of things where the money could go much further if spent at CAFC. making that sustainable and allocating a budget for it each year on year rather than a lump sum payment. then let the 'experts' get on with the football side of things with their own money/time etc. that wouldn't make a massive difference to people there, but it would make a small difference to more people for a longer time.

I dont think I'd tick the box - too many begging letters and I wouldn't want to question that people could not be genuine.

• Options

@Stig

Maybe, but i think id need more than they can invest. Plus, dont you usually need to have a business up and running that  you have already pumped money into for them to consider investing? This is just my idea i would do if i won a silly amount of money, i dont think they would be interested.

• Options

got 4 numbers last night.

put it straight on facebook...just waiting for the birds to come flocking.

• Options
    yes to going public , 

what about the begging letters ? , keep sending them

give 8 million to charlton fot new players only
  • Options
    I wouldnt want to but Its got to be incredibly hard to keep it from the public. For me it would anyway. If I give all the people I like in my office enough to leave work. So there would be about 10 of us quitting at the same time which would raise suspicions. Then when you make your family and friends millionaires. Your friends families and friends will be wondering where the money has come from. It only takes one person to find out and before you know it your being blackmailed for some wedge or you will be in the papers the following morning.
  • Options
    Tick publicity, its going to get out, work with Camelot and hire PR / Management agency.  Buy a Box at Charlton, lend them up to £5 million, buy Dulwich Hamlet and get them into the conference.

Buy rental property in leading international growing cities.
  • Options

I might go public if I won that amount of money. You could always collect all the begging letters and use them to run a power station.

I already live abroad, so that's taken car of,

Then I would then invest in a Box at the Valley so I could attend every home game.

Pay of the debts and mortgages of close family and friends.

Complete my dream 10-car garage (or maybe up it to 20-or 30-car garage).

Buy a team and a set of cars to go historic car racing.

I can think of a million ways to spend the money, and they all centre around me and my wife :o

• Options

How much would it cost to buy Charlton? I would seriously consider it if I won 100 million in the lottery!

• Options

I'd buy Millwall, I'd make them play in pink, I'd adopt a policy of only signing players with shoulder-length hair, and I'd change the club badge to this:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y9lniqtoYho/TFoXQd4CJbI/AAAAAAAAIFU/-uteZj1ck7Y/s1600/turd.png

Wouldn't invest in Charlton - I think being in control would take the fun out of it, although I'd happily donate a few quid to the community trust and maybe give the club a few quid to invest on something beneficial to supporters, such as turning Crossbars into a Stringfellows-type establishment with a free bar.

• Options
    Never, ever go public.  At least it  gives you a few months to sort your life out, and pull away from the huge amount of arses trying to get your attention.  Anyone outside my family would get their cash a good few months later, and certainly not all simultaneously.  By the time it was out my name would be changed, and I'd be living in Valencia and holidaying in Aus for winter.  At least that would let your close family lead their life, without nutters demanding stuff.