Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greenwich During 2012 Equestrian Events

2»

Comments

• Options
    And just up the road is 2 training camps and 1 Olympic venue 2 miles from my door so I do have to deal witness it daily , aswell I can't avoid it

But its coming we might as well enjoy it
  • Options
    We're all doomed.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread.
  • Options
    Added to the fact many people couldnt even get tickets to any events, despite being promised that in exchange for paying for the olympics via increased council tax they would receive 'first dibs' on tickets.

I can totally understand why so many people are p***** off. I can see London 2012 being an utter failure, something I have explained to several of my students, which has left them totally shocked. They tell me if poor old China can manage it, then super rich Britain must be able to an amazing job. I hope they are right, sadly I don't think they will be.
  • Options
    as an olympic games it will be a massive success, as a legacy along with every other olympic games i can recall it will be a failure
  • Options
    It's weird how this promise of tickets to Londoners urban myth has grown and grown.

Anyway, the Olympics already sold out a year in advance, the Paralympics on for a sell out for the first time ever, if that's failure. then I'll have a bit fo that
  • Options
    Rothco  said to my mrs  that we might just ruck up 2 some of the ParaOlympics ----they are inspiring---end of-----Fact. 

Its not that i didnt want London to get the games(who can forget Ken Livingston crying which i hope to se lots so) its the fact that alot of this crap is for Big Wigs to get to and from the sites as they are all staying in the centre of London.  Should put some in B+Bs in Deptford  !
  • Options
    The swan is doing up some rooms for b and b. I would crack up to see some tourists rock up to stay in Charlton village. Their view would be the flower bed dwellers drinking their tenants daily. Funny.