Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Specials

2»

Comments

• Options
    So where they just a bunch of sassy backing musicians?
  • Options

The specials are at brixton on the 31st oct

• Options
    for the same reason the stone roses aint worth seeing without the full proper line up the specials aint worth it without Dammers
  • Options
    for the same reason the stone roses aint worth seeing without the full proper line up the specials aint worth it without Dammers
    I half thought this before i saw them 2 years ago but it didn't make a jot of difference. It is afterall, a guy playing an organ. As long as the guy replacing him can live up to recreating the same sound (which he does very well). Once the gig started I forgot all about JD.

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think...........................

Yeah, I noticed this yesterday. When they announced the original tour dates and we got our ticket back in Nov this one wasn't included and has been addded since.
  • Options
    I half thought this before i saw them 2 years ago but it didn't make a jot of difference. It is afterall, a guy playing an organ. As long as the guy replacing him can live up to recreating the same sound (which he does very well). Once the gig started I forgot all about JD.

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think...........................

Yeah, I noticed this yesterday. When they announced the original tour dates and we got our ticket back in Nov this one wasn't included and has been addded since.
    may as well go and see a specials tribute band then
  • Options
    Apparently Dammers isn't involved as he fell out with one of Terry Hall's associates who was involved in putting the initial reunion together - a certain Simon Jordan
  • Options
    Just got back. From Bournemouth. Good set. They've still got it
  • Options
    They certainly have. Put on a great show on tuesday night in Brighton which was only spoiled by the shitty acoustics in that place. Not somewhere I'd recommend for a gig. If you can find the same band playing somewhere else the choose an alternative venue.
  • Options

Saw them in NYC last year ..they were very good also saw The Beat twice last year and they were excellent...I saw the specials way back when at Lewisham Odeon....

• Options

They certainly have. Put on a great show on tuesday night in Brighton which was only spoiled by the shitty acoustics in that place. Not somewhere I'd recommend for a gig. If you can find the same band playing somewhere else the choose an alternative venue.
    Thought they were absolutely quality Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Saw them in NYC last year ..they were very good also saw The Beat twice last year and they were excellent...I saw the specials way back when at Lewisham Odeon....

I'm going to see The Beat at the Mick Jagger Centre next month.