Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gaddafi found (maybe)

Comments

• Options
    your be telling me the british armed the saddams forces in the 80s next rodders

never
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    double post edit
  • Options

Proof of his death (warning not a pleasant watch)

Animals. Some of these people in some of these countries are so backwards just hope the west has got the right puppet to replace him cos going by the actions of some of the scum element amongst the rebels we have allied ourselves our moral compass is looking a bit pissed.

I would have preferred it if he'd been taken away, imprisoned, tried etc, but none of us have any idea what these people have been through thanks to Gaddafi. If you'd been terrorised for decades, lived in fear of your own government, lost family members, experienced torture at the hands of the secret police, how measured would your response be if you came face to face with the man responsible?

A bit more empathy, please. 

• Options
    edited October 2011

Animals. Some of these people in some of these countries are so backwards just hope the west has got the right puppet to replace him cos going by the actions of some of the scum element amongst the rebels we have allied ourselves our moral compass is looking a bit pissed.

I would have preferred it if he'd been taken away, imprisoned, tried etc, but none of us have any idea what these people have been through thanks to Gaddafi. If you'd been terrorised for decades, lived in fear of your own government, lost family members, experienced torture at the hands of the secret police, how measured would your response be if you came face to face with the man responsible?

You can't empathise until youve experienced it yourself so sympathy is the word you're looking for Mr Patronising.  ;-)

My point wasnt necessarily about the muppets hollering over his dead body, more about the actions of an element of the rebels in past months and the fact that the West preaching moral duty stinks of hypocricy when they were best mates with him recently, best mates with his questionable enemies now and have conveniently turned a blind eye to similarly atrocious regimes such as Saudi and Bahrain .

To be fair though i agree with your point as i would probably rejoice like that if Tony Blair was ever brought to justice after what he's done let alone Gadaffi so know what you are saying ;-)

• Options

You can't empathise until youve experienced it yourself so sympathy is the word you're looking for Mr Patronising.  ;-)

My point wasnt necessarily about the muppets hollering over his dead body, more about the actions of an element of the rebels in past months and the fact that the West preaching moral duty stinks of hypocricy when they were best mates with him recently, best mates with his questionable enemies now and have conveniently turned a blind eye to similarly atrocious regimes such as Saudi and Bahrain .

To be fair though i agree with your point as i would probably rejoice like that if Tony Blair was ever brought to justice after what he's done let alone Gadaffi so know what you are saying ;-)

Fine, though I don't agree with your idea of what empathy means.  Putting youreslf in someone else's position and trying to understand how they might feel doesn't require you to have actually shared their experiences.

As for your Blair comment, I assume/hope you're not being serious.You cannot even begin to compare them (and I can't stand Blair).

• Options
    edited October 2011

Perhaps rejoice is a little strong but i certainly wouldnt be sad in the slightest. Very let down by him as he came in on a cloud of optimism and actually betrayed the hard working men and women of this country who voted him in on false belief. Should be done under the trades discription act for what he and his architects such as Mandelson did to the "Labour" party when in fact he appears to be as much of a Tory as the current plebs in charge. 

He also seems to sleep soundly at night after sending British kid soldiers to their deaths in the middle east not to mention the civilian "collateral damage" in those countries whilst swanning round the world a multi millionaire. Not disputing the rights and wrongs of Iraq/ Afghanistan cos many PMs would have done the same....it's the fact he's earning £20m+ a year swanning round the world on the back of it as if he doesnt have a care in the world and the fact his ego wouldnt let him apologise for "unkowingly" lying to us mugs.

Dispicable man and whilst i wouldnt wish him an unpleasant end i would be indifferent if he met one.

Should have just kept his nut down and bought a timeshare in Majorca with Cherie.

• Options

Can't really disagree with that, but during his time in office I still had freedom of speech, I still lived in a democracy, I wasn't afraid of the police and so on.  I know I'm being repetitive, but Gaddafi was a monster - an old school totalitarian.

Another thing I find interesting is that on this forum at the moment, we have a thread gleefully revelling in the violent removal from their land of people who built houses without planning permission, while on another thread we have condemnation for people who have violently (and permanently, I admit) removed their brutal oppressor.

Confusing.

• Options

Can't really disagree with that, but during his time in office I still had freedom of speech, I still lived in a democracy, I wasn't afraid of the police and so on.  I know I'm being repetitive, but Gaddafi was a monster - an old school totalitarian.

Another thing I find interesting is that on this forum at the moment, we have a thread gleefully revelling in the violent removal from their land of people who built houses without planning permission, while on another thread we have condemnation for people who have violently (and permanently, I admit) removed their brutal oppressor.

Confusing

Im being a bit tongue in cheek about the Blair comments but cant stand him.

As for your second point im sure you must be being tongue in cheek there....they are two massively different kettles of fish.  Many of those commenting about Dale Farm will have experienced elements of that community that lead them to say those things in which case going with your original point a little empathy (ive looked it up in the dictionary just now and make you right ;) ) should be extended to those who dont have a lot of sympathy for their plight.

• Options
    One question - where's his Ukrainian masseuse???
  • Options
    another question.
    Does no-one understand the extent to which Gadaffi supplied the IRA in their most active period?
    Dirty evil b@st@rd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    another question.
    Does no-one understand the extent to which Gadaffi supplied the IRA in their most active period?
    Dirty evil b@st@rd
    Good riddance if there is even the slightest grain of truth in that. 
  • Options
    The IRA, Mugabe, loads of other nasty regimes. Besides killing hundreds of thousands of his own while goldplating his urinals with oil money while his own people wnet without. If he'd worked for Goldman Sachs you guys would be creaming yourselves at his demise. 

Glad he's dead. Shame about the distasteful parade but it's not important in the scheme of things. 
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The IRA, Mugabe, loads of other nasty regimes. Besides killing hundreds of thousands of his own while goldplating his urinals with oil money while his own people wnet without. If he'd worked for Goldman Sachs you guys would be creaming yourselves at his demise. 

Glad he's dead. Shame about the distasteful parade but it's not important in the scheme of things. 

No one on here is saying he isnt a mega wrong un or denying it's a good thing he's gone....well i certainly am not. But at the same time the hyporcrisy stinks and also the reports of the some of the new lots behaviour in recent months doesnt bode well for a bright future out there.

Horrible horrible man and that pic of Blair cosying up to him with all his history with the IRA etc is sickening but at the same time watching (on a video i saw) an old man  with his head caved dragged half naked out of the back of a pick up truck before being killed as lunatics round him fire shots in the air screaming "Allah Akbar" (hardly the bell toll for a new democracy in waiting) doesnt give cause for celebration especially when the same lunatics will likely be pretty integral in the short to medium term future of that country.

Having spouted all the above if my family or friends had been on the wrong end of Gadaffis rule I would probably be at the front of the mob toting a smoking AK47 so i imagine it is quite easy for me to moralise about it from the comfort of SE London....just find it a bit unnerving about who or what will replace the scumbag.

• Options
    My guess is that the guys dragging his corpse around aren't in charge of the new Libya. I'm gonna cut the actual government a break based on the stuff the actual guys in charge have been doing so far. 
  • Options
    Not pleasant at all. On the other hand, it is Gadaffi. However distasteful I find it, it has nothing to do with any sympathy for that man (and I use man only in the loosest sense.)
  • Options
    Blimey are we comparing gaddaffi to bliar?

Animals? Yep I'm with you uboat. Treated like animals... aCt like One. sadly I have no sympathy.
  • Options
    Deserves everything he got, and whatever they do with his corpse.
  • Options

I'm sure that if anyone of here had suffered from him, They would be right at the front as Rodney said.

Completely different situations and world out there.

• Options

There is some unbelievable hypocrisy on this board at times.

On another thread we have people urging the Met Police to go in and brutalise a group of travellers at Dale Farm whose biggest crime is flaunting the local planning laws - which is clearly out of order but not exactly a hanging offence.

And the same bunch are crying their crocodile tears for a truly evil murdering bastard like Gaddafi and having a go at the Libyans who beat him up and executed him.

I have travelled to some of these countries that have tyrannical rulers (not Libya) and the cloak of fear and oppression that is placed on people is extraordinary, its not something that is easy to understand unless you have experienced it.

Gaddafi murdered, tortured, brutalised, robbed and humiliated his people for over 40 years and he well and truly got what was coming to him, if anyone thinks the rebels were ever going to hand him over for a trial then they are dumber than a dead dog.

My only hope is that the uprising continues to stir in Syria and they hang that other evil bastard Assad and give him the same treatment that Gaddafi got.

• Options
    Ormiston - No one ever stated that they wanted the travellers brutalised or killed, but just for the Police to stand up to the protesters who were throwing bricks at them. If you are happy for mutilation, public murder and the parading of a dead body that's up to you. There are no tears for Gadaffi's death, but we are a civilised society and should maybe not condone the behaviour which is no better than that of the animals that we rightly condem. What next - encouraging suicide bombers to avenge suicide bombings? Yes Ormiston, I too have had the misfortune of working in places ruled by tyrants and it was not pleasant and very dangerous. Bin Laden and Saddam Hussain were dealt and disposed of correctly without the need for public bloodlust. To hear some boasting fool brag about how he shot Gadaffi with his '9 Milly' is pathetic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No one on here in any frame of normal mind, would disagree that the man was an evil sadistic bstd,

But no one on here of sane mind can honestly say that witnessing a man regardless of who he is be executed Is ok , and not feel repulsed by it surely,

I say on here because none of us to my knowledge have been treated by gaddafi in the way that would justify watching and feeling satisfied with what they had seen,

I wouldn't want my son to see the images of gaddafi being killed, yet there are children the same age as my son brandishing ak47s and firing them,

There is no way that gaddafi ain't going to be replaced with another vile piece of shite because that part of the world will never ever be able to hold a democratic society, whilst 10yr old boys will celebrate with guns and live ammo
  • Options
    Trying to judge a country like Libya by our own, western morals is madness, to say the least.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Please tell me why Stu? They thrive to be a free and civilised society, but think that type of behaviour is perfectly okay.
  • Options
    I will celebrate the day that Robert Mugabe dies, but I do not want to see his bloodied head paraded on a stick through the streets of Harare with dancing celebrators claiming that's okay because he was a tyrant. Leaders and so called politicians in these third world countries will never change and this savagery from all sides will continue as long as we all think it's acceptable in any form.
  • Options
    Isn't it a democratic way of life that they all wanted, is the and was not the point of all the uprisings in the middle east to remove dictators and move towards a more democratic existence

• Options
    Being free and civilised does just happen, just because someone strives to have these morals and behavioural traits does not mean it will all happen overnight.

Just because something is not perfectly OK, does not make them as bad as the previous regime, far from it. It's far too easy to be able to sit back in the comfort of our own countries saying how despicable this is, without having to live under the control and abuse these people have experienced.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    If its really what they wanted, then it's a shame that they didn't capture Gaddafi and make him stand trial for the attrocities and convince the rest of us that they are better than Gaddafi's regime. He then could have been sentenced to death via a court in a civilised and democratic manner.
  • Options
    shoulda coulda woulda
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Blair was not the first British PM to get too close to a murdering sadistic tyrant!