Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gaddafi found (maybe)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Ok. Thanks bfr. so really its all about the oil. which is what we all knew anyway.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It certainly was a horrible end for the guy, but I won't judging those that did it.  Listening to the impact that he had on these Libyans (living here in the UK) gives a flavour of how horrible he was towards his own people.  I wouldn't blame anyone for taking the law into their own hands, given that.

As for going down the the officially sanctioned route.  I can't see what would have been learned from a great public trial that would have lasted months, maybe years.  Gadaffi would (like those before him) have used it as an excuse to put his own delusional lies and propaganda across and would never have accepted responsibility for any wrong doing.  There'd be no question of a guilty verdict before it began.  The only people to benefit would be the fat cat lawyers who'd be paid handsomely from public monies to ultimately decide what everyone knows today anyway.  

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm sorry but i took no pleasure in the scenes shown. Should have been put to trial like Saddam.

Some people are just subhuman.
    Saddam's "trial" was a farce, they were just going through the motions before the inevitable execution.
    Egh?
  • Options
    I'm sorry but i took no pleasure in the scenes shown. Should have been put to trial like Saddam.

Some people are just subhuman.
    Saddam's "trial" was a farce, they were just going through the motions before the inevitable execution.
    Egh?

There was more than just a suspicion that Saddam was tried and offed before he could spill the beans about the considerable financial and military assistance that he'd received from the west in the early 1980s. Conveniently a crime was chosen from after he went native and invaded Kuwait rather than during the Iran-Iraq war where he used poison gas on the Iranians for example. Had he been tried for that offence then it might have raised a few questions about where the gas came from, who supplied the helicopters that it was thrown out of and why Reagan removed Iraq from a list of terrorist nations and subsequently blamed the use of poison gas on the Iranians.

When Rummy met Saddam:
    http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article2038.htm