Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton 4-0 Carlisle

For those of you at the valley today your marks, up to 10, just copy and paste the list below:

Hamer
Solly
Morrison
Taylor
Wiggins
Green
Holllands
Hughes
Jackson
Kermorgant
Wright Phillips

Wagstaff n/a
Euell n/a
Hayes n/a

Comments

• Options
    Hamer - 8.5 Great penalty save
    Solly -9 Motm
    Taylor 8.5
    Morrison 8.5
    Wiggins 9 motm
    Green 8.5
    Hollands 8.5
    Hughes 8.5
    Jackson 8.5
    Bwp 8.5
    Kermorgant 9
  • Options
    Hamer 8

Solly 9

Morrison 7

Taylor 7

Wiggins 9

Green 8

Holllands 8.5

Hughes 7

Jackson 8

Kermorgant 9

Wright Phillips 8.5

Referee 5
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hamer 8 missed a cross completely just before 2nd goal, spilled a shot and another mix up with Taylor which Matt told him about but an assist and a pen save is good for any keeper

Solly 7.5  Good to see him back.  Not his best game, got turned once or twice but otherwise solid

Morrison 7  Thought the pen was harsh if it was him.  Got involved in some handbags at the end

Taylor 7  Solid

Wiggins 8.5 MOTM with his assists and runs into the box

Green 7  Best game so far without setting the world alight

Holllands 7.5  18/1 for last goal scorer Get in.

Hughes 7  Did well on league debut and linked up well.  Even made some good forward runs

Jackson7.5  Worked well with Wiggins and always involved

Kermorgant 8.5 excellent goals - looked fully fit and so  much more mobile

Wright Phillips 8  They couldn't handle him and got their player red carded.  Neat finish from tight angle

Powell 8  Stuck to his guns despite Stevnage and in Hughes and Euell showed the value of the fringe players he's brought in.  There will be much harder games than a Carlisle side who were beaten at 2 - 0 but we're still top and were scoring goals
  • Options
    Hamer 8

Solly 8

Morrison 7.5

Taylor 7

Wiggins 8.5

Green 8

Holllands 8.5

Hughes 8

Jackson 8

Kermorgant 8.5

Wright Phillips 8
  • Options
    Hamer - 8
    Solly - 8.5
    Morrison - 8
    Taylor - 8
    Wiggins - 9
    Green - 8
    Holllands - 8.5
    Hughes - 8
    Jackson 8.5
    Kermorgant - 8.5
    Wright Phillips - 8
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hamer - 7.5 - redeemed by the assist and penalty save
    Solly - 7.5
    Morrison - 7
    Taylor - 7
    Wiggins - 8.5
    Green - 7.5
    Hollands - 7.5
    Hughes - 7 - edited as didnt realise his involvement in the first goal.
    Jackson - 7.5
    Kermorgant - 8
    Wright Phillips - 7

• Options
    Hamer - 8
    Solly - 8
    Morrison - 8
    Taylor - 8
    Wiggins - 9 MOM
    Green -8
    Holllands - 7.5
    Hughes - 8.5
    Jackson 7.5
    Kermorgant 8.5
    Wright Phillips - 8
  • Options

Hamer 8

Solly 8

Morrison 8

Taylor 8.5

Wiggins 8.5

Green 8

Hollands 8

Hughes 8

Jackson 8

Kermorgant 9

BWP 8

• Options
    Hamer- 8
    Solly- 7.5
    Morrison- 8
    Taylor- 8
    Wiggins- 9
    Green- 7
    Holllands- 8
    Hughes- 8.5
    Jackson- 7.5
    Kermorgant- 8.5
    Wright Phillips- 8
  • Options
    Hamer 7Solly 7Morrison 7Taylor 8Wiggins 8 momGreen 7Hollands 7Hughes 7Jackson 7Kermorgant 8Wright Phillips 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer 8Solly 7.5Morrison 7.5Taylor 8Wiggins 9Green 7.5Holllands 8 Hughes 7.5Jackson 7Kermorgant 8.5Wright Phillips 7.5
    Wagstaff n/aEuell n/aHayes n/a
  • Options
    Hamer 7
    Solly 7 Good to see him back
    Morrison 7.5 Back where he belongs
    Taylor 7
    Wiggins 8.5 Terrorised them after being our best player at Stevenage, and possibly over the last month
    Green 7.5 That's more like it
    Holllands 7.5 Not one for silly celebrations myself but that was pure joy
    Hughes 7 Nice keep-it-simple display, v industrious, and quickly-taken free-kick led to first goal
    Jackson 8 At the heart of so much and uses the ball so well
    Kermorgant 7.5 Two more goals and some prodigious leaps
    Wright Phillips 7.5 tireless. Chasing his umpteenth unlikely cause got him his goal

Not sure if Stephens's omission was tactical but if it was I can understand it after a few below-par performances recently. He's set himself high standards to keep up. Great to see Yan & Dan do what they've already done in spurts from the bench.
  • Options
    Stephens missus gave birth in the early hours.
  • Options
    Hamer - 8 Great penalty save and assist for BWP goal but flapped at a cross
    Solly -8.5
    Taylor 8
    Morrison 8
    Wiggins 9
    Green 8
    Hollands 8.5
    Hughes 8
    Jackson 8.5
    BWP 8.5
    Kermorgant 9 defintiely worth his place in the starting line up
  • Options
    Hamer 7.5Solly  8.0Morrison 8.0Taylor 7.0Wiggins 8.5MOTMGreen 7.5Holllands 7.5Hughes 7.0Jackson 8.0Kermorgant 8.5Wright Phillips 7.5
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hamer - 7.5Solly - 7Morrison - 7Taylor - 7Wiggins - 8.5Green - 7Holllands - 7Hughes - 7.5Jackson - 7
    Kermorgant - 8Wright Phillips - 8
  • Options

Hamer - .8

Solly 7

Morrison - 6

Taylor - 6

Wiggins - 9

Green - 7

Holllands 7

Hughes 7

Jackson 7

Kermorgant 8

Wright Phillips 7
  • Options
    Hamer- 8
    Solly- 7.5
    Morrison- 8
    Taylor- 8
    Wiggins- 9
    Green- 7.5
    Holllands- 8
    Hughes- 8
    Jackson- 7.5
    Kermorgant- 8.5
    Wright Phillips- 8
  • Options
    Hamer - 8 Solly - 8 Morrison - 7 Taylor - 7 Wiggins - 9 Green - 8 Hollands - 7 Hughes - 7 Jackson - 8 Kermorgant -8 BWP - 8
  • Options
    Hamer- 7.5
    Solly- 7.5
    Morrison- 7
    Taylor- 7
    Wiggins- 9
    Green- 7
    Holllands- 8
    Hughes- 8.5
    Jackson- 7
    Kermorgant- 8
    Wright Phillips- 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer - 8 Great penalty save and assist for BWP's goal.
    Solly - 8 Solid. Showed why he should never be dropped again.
    Morrison - 8 An absolute rock in defence. Did not put a foot wrong and is one of my favourite players. Could have had scored in the first half too.
    Taylor - 8 Could be a contender along with Morrison, Solly and Hollands for player of the season so far.
    Wiggins - 9 Gave the right back a lot of problems and set up Kermorgants 2 goals with lovely crosses. Best game so far.
    Green - 7 Worked well down the left but could have been more effective with his crossing. Looked gutted to be replaced.
    Hollands - 8 Solid display in the middle and deserved his goal. Worked well with Hughes.
    Hughes - 8 Surprised me after recent diplays with a composed game. Hardly gave the ball away and got stuck in when needed. Reminded me of Kish in his prime.
    Jackson - 7 Another good game, worked well with Wiggy and could have a had a couple of headed goals if luckier.
    Kermorgant - 8 Took both his goals superbly, passed the ball around well and had half a chance for a hat trick late in the second half.
    Wright Phillips - 8 Did not give up for his goal. Superb leader from the front and held the ball up well to bring in others. Makes it look so easy.

• Options
    Hamer 9 saved a pen, assist for second  and clean sheet- think that deserves a 9
    Solly 7 better balance when he plays- wasn't his best game but important player for us so glad to see him back
    Morrison 7.5 solid (that is what he is there for -to be solid)
    Taylor 7.5 solid (that is what he is there for -to be solid too)
    Wiggins 9.5 Though he was bl**dy terrific -great cross for first and attacking play was flawless
    Green 7.5 Great way to get him to where we want him -looking more like the player we were so excited about
    Holllands 7.5 The lad kept it simple and did very well
    Hughes 8 had a groan when he was starting but he shut me up good and proper - won balls- kept it simple -very effective
    Jackson 8 Involved and qulaity shone through on occasions
    Kermorgant 8 Two goals and partnership with BWP which was worrying me as I couldn't see why it shouldn't work but all it needed was time - not worried any more- excited.
    Wright Phillips 8 lost point 5 for messing up one on one but got it back for excellent and much more difficult second goal- Kermit plus BWP (we are veru lucky)

Powell deserves praise for having faith in certain players and not succumbing to temptations after last week's dispointment. Carlisle deserve credit for being a football side - they didn't throw in the towell and fought on. Shame that clubs with more limited players like Tranmere and Stevenage got more from us for playing a more negative stopping game - we need to crush those teams and respect teams like Carlisle who don't try to bully teams but play the game as it should be played. Ok played into our hands but they'll be ok. Sending off- yes 2 bookings but harsh, surely refs should be able to use some common sense - think it actually spoilt the game a bit for both sides.
  • Options
    Hamer-8
    Solly-8
    Morrison-8
    Taylor-8
    Wiggins-9
    Green-8
    Holllands-8
    Hughes-8
    Jackson-8
    Kermorgant-8.5
    Wright Phillips-8

Reason why I rated so highly is because it was a whole collective team performance which effectively killed the game after only 37 minutes
  • Options
    Hamer  7.5

Solly  7.5

Morrison 7.5

Taylor 

Wiggins  8.5

Green  8

Holllands  7.5

Hughes  8

Jackson  7.5

Kermorgant  8

Wright Phillips  7
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 8
    Taylor 8
    Wiggins 9 MOM
    Green 7.5
    Hollands 7.5
    Jackson 8
    BWP 8.5
    Kermorgant 8.5

Powell 9 (nice to see a balanced 4-4-2 with eleven players in their orthodox positions and good to see him moving back to the original style of play. Henry - not sure how leaving out Cort, switching Morrison back into the middle and bringing back Solly, is "sticking to his guns?")
  • Options
    yes but he brought Kermit and Green in as starters last week and could have dropped them after Saturday - but didn't - I think that is what Henry was referring to in relation to Powell sticking to is guns.
  • Options

Hamer 7 - extra mark for penalty save, still not impressed by handling from crosses and set pieces but his distrubution is second to none.

Solly 8 - We got Chris Solly, His f***ing quality! enough said... Arsenal defo got the wrong man in my eyes

Morrison 7 - Best centre half we've had in years... top draw! great understanding with taylor

Taylor 7 - Good as ever but with the partner his knows best... great understanding with morro

Wiggins 9 - MOTM I have to admit i've been proved wrong, great defender, great going forward, superb understanding with jackson, a better version of youga in my opinion

Green - 6 Best game yet but still no 100% his known for his crossing ability, but i'm not so convinced 1 cross out off about 10 isnt good enough. (I am prepared to be slated)

Hollands 8 - Love this guy, my POTY at the moment. Great passer, loves a tackle, also a goal threat from set-pieces. Solid performance

Hughes 7 - Didn't put a foot wrong, nothing special, must cover every blade off grass. what he lacks in technique he makes up for in work ethnic

Jackson 7 - Again did the job required, great link up play with wiggins, quality 1st touch as well

Wright Phillps 8 - finally scored a 1v1, but is he quality, look as if he was getting a bit off an understanding with Kermit today

Kermorgrant 8 - Two good finishes, some good link up play and flicks ons. Gaining a bit of a relationship with BWP.

• Options
    Hamer- 9
    Solly- 9
    Morrison- 8.5
    Taylor- 8.5
    Wiggins- 9.5
    Green- 9
    Holllands- 8.5
    Hughes- 9
    Jackson- 8.5
    Kermorgant- 9
    Wright Phillips- 8.5

Everyone was absolutely brilliant!
  • Options
    Great team performance.  Everyone played their part.  I don't want to single anyone out one way or the other, so I'm going Straight 8s for the starting eleven. 
  • Options
    Hamer 7.5
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7
    Taylor 7
    Wiggins 8
    Green 7
    Holllands7
    Hughes7
    Jackson 7
    Kermorgant 8
    Wright Phillips 7