Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

brighton eyeing up bwp?

edited October 2011 in General Charlton
http://bit.ly/pdeXmW in littlehampton gazzete

Comments

• Options
    They'll probably be interest same with Rhodes and Madine if they both keep scoring.

Good thing is I don't think we are under any pressure to sell unlike the last few years.
  • Options
    They can have him - for £5million.
  • Options
    Nah I can't see it happening either - we would be silly to sell up? We need him to hurry up and sign a new contract
  • Options

Good thing is I don't think we are under any pressure to sell unlike the last few years.

True, but...

He's in the last year of his contract and he's continued scoring goals and it doesn't look as though the knee injury was as bad as the first diagnosis, so we will see more transfer speculation until he signs that extension.

• Options
    Nah I can't see it happening either - we would be silly to sell up? We need him to hurry up and sign a new contract

He's got another season yet so no rush.
  • Options
    Not in last year of contract as we have an option.

Of course any goal scorer will generate speculation but Brighton are maybe not quite the attraction they were 6 months ago.

Ignore the media other than the OS.  When you see it there.........
  • Options

True, but...

He's in the last year of his contract and he's continued scoring goals and it doesn't look as though the knee injury was as bad as the first diagnosis, so we will see more transfer speculation until he signs that extension.

We have the option of another year which we are sure to take up so he's contract is effectively until June 2013 so no need to panic.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sounds like agents 'leaking stories' Brighton need another striker and were probably 1 of many clubs there looking at , i guess at least putting stories out there shows the fans the board are not being idle, Brighton fans think they'll probably pick him up on the cheap , 10 million & CMS and i might think about it.
    Sounds like agents 'leaking stories' Brighton need another striker and were probably 1 of many clubs there looking at , i guess at least putting stories out there shows the fans the board are not being idle, Brighton fans think they'll probably pick him up on the cheap , 10 million & CMS and i might think about it.
  • Options
    What would be the point anyway. Not exactly a bigger Club and if BWP has dreams of PL football he's more likely to achieve that with us IMO.
  • Options
    Double bubble!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    really got us talking, bwp is happy he's said he loves it in london and so does his family as they're all down here now. don't see why he'd want to move a year after coming down and being main man.
  • Options
    They can have him - for £5million.
    and Craig Mackail-Smith
  • Options

They already have Mackail-Smith.

League rules prevent a team having more than one centre forward with a double-barrelled surname.

• Options
    More likely that Rhodes will go in January which will help us. I can see another forward coming in rather than departing.
  • Options
    Why will Rhodes go, Huddersfield dont need to sell and would be mad to sell.
  • Options

In my view all of our players are for sale...at the right price. We're certainly not in a position to turn down good or silly money. In recent decades the only player I would have never sold at any price would have been Richard Rufus (and possibly Kins), and indeed we never did!

• Options
    This is probably just "agents speak", but if not it will test the resolve of our new owners.
  • Options
    I would've added Parker to your list Seth and we all know what happened there.
  • Options
    Doubt its just agent talk tbh.

Why wouldnt you be looking at him. Great player scoring goals at the top of league 1.  Probably looking to maximize his wage and play at highest level of football possible. Dont see why Brighton would be attracting to him.

We might not need to sell but still have to keep all players happy. Itl be a case of Powell convincing him how far we can go and how quickly.
  • Options
    Absoulutely no point selling him unless it was stupid money and we were guaranteed an adequate replacement (unlikely). Reckon the owners are in it for the long term cash of selling should we hit the jackpot by getting to the premiership and flogging one of our best players for a short term gain wouldnt make sense as it would hinder our progress up the leagues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must have missed something here,we have the option of another year which we are sure to take up..Now just what does that mean.If he has sighed a contract to the end of this season 2011-2012 he holds the upper-hand over Charlton .BWP DOES NOT HAVE TOO SIGN ANOTHER CONTRACT FOR CHARLTON free argent just has to walk away for more money.Talk of premiership and BWP still at Charlton is pie in the sky ,still have another 30 games of div3 football to play can not see him lasting the pace with his injury record.
  • Options
    anyway if Brighton are interested poyet walks next door knocks on Jiminez's door and just asks, simple
  • Options
    anyway if Brighton are interested poyet walks next door knocks on Jiminez's door and just asks, simple
    He'll just pop he's head over the fence and tell him to politely f off!!

• Options
    Must have missed something here,we have the option of another year which we are sure to take up..Now just what does that mean.If he has sighed a contract to the end of this season 2011-2012 he holds the upper-hand over Charlton .BWP DOES NOT HAVE TOO SIGN ANOTHER CONTRACT FOR CHARLTON free argent just has to walk away for more money.Talk of premiership and BWP still at Charlton is pie in the sky ,still have another 30 games of div3 football to play can not see him lasting the pace with his injury record.
    He has signed a contract until June 2012 BUT we have an option for another year. If we decide to take it up he can't do anything about it as the clause is in our favour so effectively he is under contract until June 2013. I'd imagine that this was because we were concerned about his knee and didn't want to fully commit for that length of time initially but gave ourselves the option of extending if his fitness held up and he did well.

• Options
    Most clubs will be aware of BWP situation....even Prem teams may come in for him. We just have to pray and hope he stays. 

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Every player has a price but Brighton don't have the money to offer BWP's price- thank god. No need to worry.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Every player has a price but Brighton don't have the money to offer BWP's price- thank god. No need to worry.
    I believe the chairman of brighton had to folk out a bit of dollar to complete the amex stadium ! , believe me mr tony bloom has a fair amount of dollar !
  • Options
    Brighton do have money, Mackail-Smith, Buckley and Hoskins wouldn't have been cheap. They're on the up and now have the stadium and crowds to really push on. If Poyet stays I can see winning promotion to the Prem sometime in the next few seasons.
  • Options
    Hopefully Slater and co realise the true value of BWP and don't sell. Finding a regular scorer who will slot straight into our style will be virtually impossible during the limited time and inflated price madness of the January window.
  • Options
    I highly doubt we'll sell anyone in january. Apart from maybe Doherty and Benson