Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hartlepool Away

Comments

• Options
    We could go by ferry save a few quid
  • Options
    Out of interest, how much would this one cost for train fares from London and ticket?
    Train is around £110.00. You have to go to Darlington and get Northern Rail as there are engineering works.

Return from Darlo is a mare. 4hrs 30mins. Usual journey time is 2hrs 20mins.

Too much hassle.

Thanks Clem, the price of UK train fares these days is an absolute outrage.
  • Options
    7 hours drive so far, and were still not there!! M25 and M1 a nightmare!
  • Options
    Players went up by train today.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    7 hours drive so far, and were still not there!! M25 and M1 a nightmare!

1st game I'm missing voluntarily this season. (couldn't go to Colchester due to work).

Trains were  ridiculously expensive & engineering works nightmare & no coach from Bromley. I wasn't getting up at 6am to drive to Well Hall.

Anyway well done MIA, you will hopefully get your reward tomorrow. If you have time & are inclined, I recommend their social club tomorrow. Decent place & very friendly fans.  

• Options

you gotta love that site if you're weird like me!

• Options
    Bet you dream about that website at night.
  • Options
    Oohaahh is definitely Haddock!
  • Options
    Bet you dream about that website at night.
    too much information !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bet you wet dream about that website at night.

correct
  • Options
    Oohaahh is definitely Haddock!

i'm walkleyowl
  • Options

LOL, I didn't think that after I read a bit more of it.

• Options
    Took 7.5 hours drive up there, 4.5 hours drive back , all for 90 minutes, (but well worth it) Hartlepool fan on the way out from the game was having a go at me asking why we didn't bring more fans! i added up the cost of going (Tickets , fuel and acommodation for 4, couldn't have had much change out of £500!) there lies the answer , its to expensive for families to go, i don't blame anyone for not going , that was our half term holiday , some people fly to Spain or whereever it was blooming freezing cold up there as well.

When i spoke to another Hartlepool fan in the hotel i was staying at he mentioned that Hartlepool got 2- 2.5k last season at home , this season they did their season tickets at £100 and have sold out.

Thats why i'm not going to the Fa cup match , you can't do it all unless your minted.
  • Options
    good post MIA ..... and the costs/time etc are astronomical but i can't work out how all these other clubs manage to bring decent numbers compared to their home support everywhere
  • Options

I always think the same, are trains cheaper into London or something?

Whether I can afford it or not I refuse to pay more than £50 to get a train anywhere, it's a joke!

• Options
    chesterfield had 353 the same number as us at brentford this saturday , hudders 533 down to yeovil , sheff wed 2k ish at wycombe ..... how the , what the, where the , why the foook can they do it!
  • Options
    half of them live in london probably
  • Options
    The other half in Wycombe.
  • Options
    It is, what it is. As most away travellers know, most northern away games going by train, plus match ticket, food and drink/beer you are lucky to get any change out of a ton. We are not all Rothchild's relatives unfortunately and have to pick and choose our away games carefully.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The away support at The Valley I reckon a few will live in and around London for work hence it's an easier game to get to.

We've
    had poor away support for years, don't really know why everyone is
    still confused by it, in fact this season the numbers we have taken away
    have been better than in previous years, plus add on the fact most away
    games are a 3/4/5 hour drive away this season you can't do them all.

Personally
    I don't bother with away games more than a couple of hours away unless
    it's a game at the end of the season where we might get promotion etc,
    don't have the money or time to do it otherwise especailly when I can
    listen to CAFC player for £4 a month.
  • Options
    Does Robbie Elliot count as two people?
  • Options
    i've joined that site cos i can't believe exeter have managed to bring 630 to sheffield utd !!
  • Options
    the fella said he emailed sheff utd ticket office to find out exters numbers .... blimey i thought i was keen !!
  • Options
    i've joined that site cos i can't believe exeter have managed to bring 630 to sheffield utd !!
    530 of them are at uni in Sheffield ;-))
  • Options
    that made me chuckle large
  • Options

Also huddersfield failed to sell out at millwall in the play off semi finals,swings and roundabouts,and i think millwall had two figures at Hartlepool not long ago

• Options
    New ground Syndrome?
  • Options
    We took twice that Sheff Utd, not that away figures are anything other than boring.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

I think our "poor" away support is because we are a "family" club. The majority of away supporters are men & a lot of our "men" have families and they tend to do the "decent" thing & spend "away" Saturdays at home. The cost is also a factor, but is the same for everyone.

Also, there are more things to do in London, as a counter attraction.