Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hartlepool Away

Comments

• Options
    I only go to away games to annoy Ooh Aah

: - )
  • Options

You need to also add the fact that we haven't consistantly won away from home for over 10 years now......In the prem we used to win what twice away all year then when we fell down the divisions this didn't improve much and away games actually still cost the same as when we were in the prem (top four excluded) but th standard of football and facilities fell drastically.....

That said I think it has more to do with cost.

• Options
    Its the London part thats the problem I think. Two factors. 
    First off living in London is expensive. Ridiculously so. Perhaps us Londoners simply do not have the extra money for many away days. 
    Secondly I think the idea of an away day up/down/over in London is a big draw for most of these fans. A chance to see their team play in the capital. 
    Or maybe most of us Addicks just can't be bothered! :p 
  • Options
    On our way back now, but something caught my eye upon leaving the hotel this morning. A Chap, possibly in his sixties wearing knee high faux leather boots, a mini skirt and waving a Charlton scarf while shouting Charlton at the top of his voice. Weird!
  • Options
    On our way back now, but something caught my eye upon leaving the hotel this morning. A Chap, possibly in his sixties wearing knee high faux leather boots, a mini skirt and waving a Charlton scarf while shouting Charlton at the top of his voice. Weird!

Syd Cheesewright ?
  • Options
    Come on Icon ... dont make things up?
  • Options
    They weren't leather, they were uggs.
  • Options
    On our way back now, but something caught my eye upon leaving the hotel this morning. A Chap, possibly around 27 years old wearing knee high faux leather boots, a mini skirt and waving a Charlton scarf while shouting Charlton at the top of his voice. Weird!

riscardo ?
  • Options
    Come on Icon ... dont make things up?
    Gospel, was outside Best Western @ about 10am
  • Options
    Seriously?  How strange. 

London accent?  Did he shout "char-un".

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Its the London part thats the problem I think. Two factors. 
    First off living in London is expensive. Ridiculously so. Perhaps us Londoners simply do not have the extra money for many away days. 

Secondly I think the idea of an away day up/down/over in London is a big draw for most of these fans. A chance to see their team play in the capital. 

Or maybe most of us Addicks just can't be bothered! :p 
    Also, and without sounding outrageously condescending, if you live in/around London there's probably also more to do. So an "away" Saturday could be spent doing any number of things with one of the culture capitals of the world on your doorstep. If the only thing you have on your doorstep is a shut down coal mine then you probably might as well get the train to London/Sheffield/Manchester to see your team away.
  • Options
    Seriously?  How strange. 

London accent?  Did he shout "char-un".

I think he may have been a local crackpot, who by chance happened apon a lost scarf.
  • Options
    There's a local crack pot there who used to wear a dress in the away end, he's since been banned.
  • Options
    i bought my ticket there at about 2:30pm and the woman working in the ticket office told me we'd sold 350 at the valley and reckoned on another 300 + being sold on the day. it looked pretty full in our stand for the 350 reported in other posts. i believe we took 600+ which i think is a good shout. we took 1253 to sheff utd, but much easier to get to. ive been to 5 aways this season now and seen 4 new grounds. not gonna miss opportunity to go to the shay as i hope we wont be going back to most of them any time soon. ive been taking my 10 year old daughter and she's now hooked. keeps asking each week when were going again. my first game was away at mansfield town  in 70's and i doubt we'll be going back there any time soon!!
  • Options
    What's our away following like compared to Palace and Millwall?
  • Options
    Millwall took 200 odd to Middlesboro and 800 to Watford the night we took 1350 to Milton Keynes
  • Options
    Did anyone bump into the Hartlepool Cross Dresser? heard stories about him on the way up Friday afternoon.
  • Options
    There's a local crack pot there who used to wear a dress in the away end, he's since been banned.

Allowed back in I was hearing from the locals on the way up, very well known up in Hartlepool, likes a row apparantly!
  • Options
    Have to say, when I say the hi-lights I imediately thought that it looked a fair few more than 350 away fans.
  • Options
    nothing and i mean nothing surpasses palaces 750 at the new den,chuckles me that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's our away following like compared to Palace and Millwall?

Last time we were in the same league as palace,our relegation season, it was smaller than theirs and in millwalls promotion year when we finished 4th and they were 3rd it was very similar we prolly edged it with the new ground syndrome
  • Options
    We averaged 1418, millwall 1248 in 09/10.
  • Options

new ground syndrome and 4th position finish as opposed to last seasons 677 and 13th place finish

i don't think we'll beat 1418 as an average this season which is a shame

• Options
    edited October 2011

so we beat millwall when on a even keel even though they went up and we were crap under parky

• Options
    when we have 50% more home fans than the scum we should have larger away followings but without the new ground syndrome we struggle as was proved with our relegation season having the smallest away followings despite the 8th largest home gates
  • Options
    chesterfield had 353 the same number as us at brentford this saturday , hudders 533 down to yeovil , sheff wed 2k ish at wycombe ..... how the , what the, where the , why the foook can they do it!

I didn't think the away end at Wycombe took 2,000 ?
  • Options

new ground syndrome and 4th position finish as opposed to last seasons 677 and 13th place finish

i don't think we'll beat 1418 as an average this season which is a shame

The fixtures in 09-10 against Orient (novelty value) & Millwall significantly skew that average. If you take out the ~9000 attending those 2 fixtures and produce an average figure for the remaining 21 games that season you will reach a figure that may be attained this year.
  • Options
    Have to say the hartlepool fans took the defeat in good grace. i walked past the pub near the skate park out the back of the ground to find 100+ spilled out on the pavement. as i walked past in full colours a Pool with pint in hand yelled out whilst smiling 'we're not normally this bad.' great to see fans can still have some good banter even after a depressing result.
  • Options
    chesterfield had 353 the same number as us at brentford this saturday , hudders 533 down to yeovil , sheff wed 2k ish at wycombe ..... how the , what the, where the , why the foook can they do it!

I didn't think the away end at Wycombe took 2,000 ?
    1,998 sheff wed took , they were given 300 odd along the side apparently
  • Options

Allowed back in I was hearing from the locals on the way up, very well known up in Hartlepool, likes a row apparantly!
    @PeteF - did you not see PopIcon's post just above?