Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Walsh

2»

Comments

• Options

Redvalleyeast, I was there with your Dad on Friday, my Mrs knows nothing about Football but when she told me that she knew “someone called Colin Walsh” I immediately informed her about the Legend,
    She spoke to Colin some months ago and explained about your Dad’s retirement and what a big fan of Charlton he is and asked if he would come along, he was more than happy to help out and present your Dad with the gifts, It was great to see your Dad’s face when he meet Colin, first time I have seen him gobsmacked!
    An excellent evening was had by all, I dropped your Dad off at London Bridge Station via cab and he was last seen wobbling towards platform 4!

As all the comments state Colin is a legend and so down to earth, you felt as if you had known him for years!
    Going off the subject slightly I am gonna miss your Dad, another legend but not very good with his left foot!

Any chance you can persuade him to stay on for another couple of years????

• Options

Yep, a top bloke!  I remember a lock in at a pub in Belvedere years back 1990(?) with Walshie & Mike Salmon.  Pretty sure it was the day we were knocked out of cup at WBA.  Think he missed a penalty also!  Poured with rain all day, miserable.   He was in top form though, stories of his days at Forest with Cloughie, UEFA game v Celtic, unplayed sub for Scotland etc.   Remember he was interested in coaching our Sunday team, not sure if it was the beer talking. Would like to think not.  He said that was something a lot of the guys did at Forest (youth teams etc) and he missed it as it didn't happen at Charlton.   Regret not following up on that offer.....

Anybody remember him playing for Boro against us at Selhurst whilst on loan?  Very odd game, we had Alan Kernaghan, a Boro loanee playing for us .....

yes i remember it ....Kernaghan did well for us and CW didnt have much of a game for them ,we werent in good place ,i was in the arthur waite stand and a few boro fans snuck in and sat in front of us ,and we exchanged pleasantries as normal fans do ....was it a desmond ? think Paul Mortomer was our best player that day but we werent in a good place ..literally !
  • Options
    I wish he would acknowledge me :-(
    told you dan, get onto jeremy kyle for those all important dna results..
  • Options

Redvalleyeast, I was there with your Dad on Friday, my Mrs knows nothing about Football but when she told me that she knew “someone called Colin Walsh” I immediately informed her about the Legend, She spoke to Colin some months ago and explained about your Dad’s retirement and what a big fan of Charlton he is and asked if he would come along, he was more than happy to help out and present your Dad with the gifts, It was great to see your Dad’s face when he meet Colin, first time I have seen him gobsmacked! An excellent evening was had by all, I dropped your Dad off at London Bridge Station via cab and he was last seen wobbling towards platform 4!   As all the comments state Colin is a legend and so down to earth, you felt as if you had known him for years! Going off the subject slightly I am gonna miss your Dad, another legend but not very good with his left foot!   Any chance you can persuade him to stay on for another couple of years????  

Denbart,thank you so much for sorting that out for Dad,he was indeed gobsmacked and is still talking about it! I know from speaking to Dad that hes going to miss you and his other mates up there and dont worry,hes going to be far from bored,his list of to do's is as long as his arm!