Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NICKING MILLWALL FANS

Took a young lad along on Saturday from my sons football team, his dad had previously took him to Millwall, anyway got a call from his dad can I get him a ticket for Preston, he said he enjoyed the whole day, going in the lib before the game and cons afterwards as well. I told him I dont mind taking him every week, that's how I started going with a neighbour.Looks like a half year season ticket could be on the cards.His mum aint happy as he has a wardobe full of Millwall gear.

Comments

• Options
    Makes up for Phil and Sharon D's son Danny having a ST for the Den.  Shamefull.
  • Options

Good work.

There's got to be be loads of others out there.

My son's best friend is Chelsea but was tooken to The Valley on Saturday by his grandad who is staunch Charlton. He loved it & acknowledged that we were impressive. Also helped by the fact that he sat in the West just behind the away manager's dugout which he enjoyed.

• Options
    , that's how I started going with a neighbour.
    That's exactly how I started going.
    My Dad's a Liverpool fan so he found a friend who supported Charlton and asked if this guy minded taking me along
    ... nearly 30 years later and I'm still addickted !!!!
  • Options
    Well done lets brainwash a few others !!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I know two fellas who don't want their offspring going down the den anymore due to some of the lowlifes down there, with Charlton their preferred option
  • Options
    When my grandad retired he decided he would take me to football on Saturdays. He decided on Millwall (randomly I think) but I decided I preferred the team in red they were playing instead so we went to Charlton from then on.
  • Options
    I think we should target Arsenal as well, loads of fans at train stations on match days who seem rather sad and i believe from talking to a few Emirates regulars its become slightly boring similar maybe to the end of the Curbs area. At least they can keep the same colours!
  • Options

My cousin was a Chelsea fan and had never been to games before. Took him to his game at the Valley and he's now a seaon ticket holder.

My uncle is a Spurs fan but ive given him a few school tickets and he always seems to know who Charlton have next but not Spurs.

Took a Millwall fan to Wycombe last night and he wants more.

Going to China as a missionary to add another billion to my converts

• Options
    I have experienced both sides of taking friends to football matches. Got a Millwall fan to support Charlton but had my Man.U glory hunting friend defected to Crystal Palarse. He'd been a season ticket holder here for 2 years as well, lets just say things are a bit frosty between us at the moment.   
  • Options

Big group of us sit together and often 1 or 2 spares so my boys and the other kids in the group often bring some of their friends (technically that may be against the ticket rules - if it is i apologise but call it marketing) and there's a whole load of them who are prime for becoming season ticket holders. Another couple of good home performances and atmospheres and they'll fall like a pack of cards, all begging their parents.   

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    As i said before we need to brainwash - sorry educate as many youngsters as we can to watching Charlton. They are the future of the club,

I have done it through three generations of my family and families of friends.

Lets face it you are rarely going to get trouble at The Valley and it  has a family atmosphere that kids love. Two or three games and they are hooked

COYA  and COYR
  • Options

do we really want to dilute our support with spanner fans?

• Options

That's the point - they're now Addicks.

My partner's boy was staunch Chelsea like his dad. Now a ST holder and a Christmas list as long as your arm for CAFC goodies.

• Options
    Damn, i thought NSS had made a citizen's arrest !

• Options

I'll take anyone's fans. As long as they cheer, sing and clap on the Reds whats the problem? 
    Plus, I think most of these new fans are under 18, they have time to change. After all, your brain isn't fully developed until you're about 21, explaining these new Addicks bad choices up until now! 
  • Options
    edited October 2011

i guess its ok.....as long as they behave themselfs of course.

Its just the thought that at one time they were singing let them come down to the den. but i guess we all make mistakes.  

• Options
    edited October 2011
    We all like to see wins but they are even more important to children. That is why they often pick the best team to support rather than their local team. Recent years have been difficult - I know my boy who is now 10 and has been coming for 3 years wasn't enjoying coming but is now. If these youngsters are coming and seeing us win regularly they will want to come again - it is so important and it is good that the damage that has been done over several years can start to be undone.
  • Options

the point is he loves the crack, boozer, being able to move around inside the ground, ie go and get something to eat and drink at half time,

when he went Millwall he went with his Dad to the game watched it and went straight home, now he is with his mates and the  matchday experience is a lot longer.I also take another lad from the team although his Dad is Charlton fan he can't commit to going every game. So they bought him a season ticket and I take him everyweek, no problem to me just happy my son enjoys it even more with his mate there.

• Options
    typical millwall likes a lick of the pipe
  • Options
    at least you saw the light nolly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good video of Steve going into the Liberal Club here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncSuleunml8
  • Options
    Good work NSS.
    One of my work colleagues has 2 sons who just want to go to live football, he lives in Brixton and has taken them to Shithurst to see the Stripeys. I mentioned that that is borderline child abuse and sold him the Charlton dream, top of league, great stadium, family club etc etc., he is gonna take them to the next home game, get in!!!
  • Options
    my grandad was out of blue but even he went and supported chelsea over that shambles oooah
  • Options
    Good video of Steve going into the Liberal Club here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncSuleunml8
    I thought I spotted Plaaayer & RedArmySE7 amongst them ; )
  • Options
    designer duffel coat for player and basin haircut
  • Options
    I though this was a post started by the met...
  • Options
    your all be glad to know his parents are purchasing the half year season ticket for him as a xmas present.I know Rick was saying what the average spend per person is and it's not a great deal, well his old man gives him a fiver a game to spend, I buy his cokes in the lib and cons and he spends his money in the ground.Next year his season ticket will be u16 one so more revenue. We are on our way back
  • Options
    Cock and crack? No wonder he enjoys it so much!
  • Options

My old man use to take me and my brother to Charlton games as youngsters (7-10 year olds), but I was a Junior Spurs for 2 years for some strange reason, always looking for the half times and full times from the Charlton games though! Being born in Charlton and living there for the first 13 years of my life I feel like a bit of a knob for the 2 "lost" years I spent standing in the Paxton Road End at White Hart Lane, but there is no doubt that my heart lays, and always has with Charlton (Even though I now live in France)

For the record, I hate Spurs now with a f***ing passion!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />