Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the season so far?

Comments

• Options
    Simon Francis for not getting too close to the pitch
  • Options

but seriously... solly/bwp followed by hollands morrison wiggins

• Options
    The entire squad...
  • Options
    SCP
  • Options
    Wiggins for me growing in confidence in each game - great going forward and defending
  • Options
    The great thing is that you can make a strong case for quite a few.
  • Options

Remember Stephens was impressing early on too.

Solly for me right now but could easily make a case for 5 or 6 others.  Suspect BWP will win the POTY voting as goal scorers get noticed.

• Options
    Who's BWP?
  • Options
    Potential to be a very hard player of the season
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The fact that nine players get serious nominations in this thread says it all.

But  agree with those who say 'end product' is ultimately what counts. How often do we hear managers and commentators say a team showed lots of endeavour and enterprise but just lacked that''extra quality in the final third''? It must be the most oft-heard phrase in football. 

Well, we've now got that quality where it matters most and to deny POTSSF to a bloke who has got 12 goals and six assists would not only be harsh - it would warrant him slapping in a transfer request on the grounds of  being under-appreciated!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its fantastic to say it could be one of 6 or 7, and most of the rest of the squad are close !!
  • Options
    Hollands all day.
  • Options
    bwp for me although plenty of contenders
  • Options
    Like last season I'm having trouble singling out one player. The good news is that this season it's for the right reasons. Last term I didn't think anyone deserved it.

How our fortunes have changed................
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Can't pick one out at the moment.

30 games still to go! A lot can happen
  • Options
    Hollands and BWP make the difference so it would be one of them.  Wiggins will be in that pack if he keeps playing the way he has after a shaky start and Morrison's consistency is fantastic.  In recent years it's felt like there's almost no choice in the matter, now it feels unfair to decide on just one of them.
  • Options
    Not forgetting Solly of course - or is he too short?
  • Options

unlike last season we have several players that are all in the running

for me though, and it is a very hard decision, it would have to be solly

badly missed him at stevenage and he is very dependable

every winger that plays against him must think that they are onto a winner because of his size, but be honest, how mant players get the better of him?

thats my choice though

• Options
    The other way to look at this is if you were compiling the Div Three 'best XI of the season so far', how many CAFC players would be in the starting line-up? At least half a dozen, I reckon...
  • Options
    The other way to look at this is if you were compiling the Div Three 'best XI of the season so far', how many CAFC players would be in the starting line-up? At least half a dozen, I reckon...
    11 for me. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Depends who's compiling it. The BBC would just name the Huddersfield first XI. Sheff Weds fans would name their own first XI. Our fans would rather have Jordan Rhodes. In fact it seems that nobody really seems to rate our team apart from some of us - which is absolutely fine with me.
  • Options
    Chris Solly, he's ******* quality!
  • Options
    I generally like to look beyond the superficial and obvious but 12 goals in 16 matches (no penalties) is a hell of a stat and I really cannot see too far beyond that at the moment.

BWP for me.
  • Options
    BWP - If he stays fit doesn't or get sold in Jan, he will be the difference between automatics and play offs.
  • Options
    Ask me again at the end of the season! I'm unfortunately unable to shake off the memories of good starts fading into failure to get completely excited. See if all the mentioned can maintain form for a season first, consistency is just as important as quality in a player.
  • Options
    It can only be Solly as he is the player with the highest average mark by all Lifers who give marks, those of you that don't give marks please do so then you can influence who will be the Lifers player of the season.
  • Options
    It can only be Solly as he is the player with the highest average mark by all Lifers who give marks, those of you that don't give marks please do so then you can influence who will be the Lifers player of the season.
    If memory serves me right Christian Dailly won player of the year without once getting Man of the Match  as recorded by Charlton Life ratings!
  • Options
    BWP and Wiggins for me, with Hollands and Morrison close up.

• Options
    Len what has man of the match got to do with it?
  • Options
    Len what has man of the match got to do with it?
    Nothing directly but, in my opinion, it would be a reasonable assumption for the man with the "highest average mark" to have won man of the match at least once hence my observation.