Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the season so far?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Get your POTY tickets here....!
  • Options
    Can't choose between BWP Hollands or Bexley Dan so far
  • Options

gotta be Bexley Dan ....................he supports Charlton
  • Options
    BWP with Solly a close second with Wiggins closing fast.
  • Options
    I generally like to look beyond the superficial and obvious but 12 goals in 16 matches (no penalties) is a hell of a stat and I really cannot see too far beyond that at the moment.

BWP for me.
    Me too...esp as his stats are from 15 not 16 games.
  • Options
    It always seems to be the strikers that get the limelight, it is say to say 12 goals in 16 matches, but what about the defence. We have conceded 11 goals in 16 games, that is also an impressive stat but who is the main man, it is more difficult to put the limelight on one man. For me it has to be Solly or Morrison with Wiggins coming up on the rails. But then again the striker wouldn't score without supply so how about Hollands,, oh and the defence wouldn't defend without help from the midfield. 

Right got it, for me the Player of the Season so far is CAFC, they play as a team, win as a team and work together as a team.
  • Options

gotta be Bexley Dan ....................he supports Charlton

I should have won it hands down last year. This year i'm not so sure. 

• Options
    Hollands, although if Wiggins continues with his current form, he will be in with a shout
  • Options

Solly, Morrison, Hollands and BWP are the main contenders for me. All have been brilliant so far.

BWP for me, scoring regular is the hardest thing to do in football.

• Options
    BWP thusfar but big ups for the team on and off the pitch ..

v nice to have a bit of a feel good factor at the valley for a change but ONE AIM
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solly all day long,

The player I knew we had the first time I saw him , he knows he is quality and just goes out there game in game out

No matter what team tries to single him out as the weak link they soon give up and change their game plan,

It doesn't take long to realise that he is going to be the next proper footballer off the charlton youth production line to go on to bigger and better clubs than ours unfortunately
  • Options
    Wiggins , Solly or BWP at the moment.
  • Options
    Solly all day long

Steady on, NLA. 90 minutes  from the lad will do!

Know what you mean though. Better player than another Charlton full-back who went to Arsenal - and I believed that a year ago, so I'm not just saying it now.
  • Options
    Spot on ia many mocked but us true conisours (spelling sorry) of all things charlton and all things football knew back then what they all know now
  • Options
    Not sure on player of the year yet, so many to choose from.

As for Solly I also rated him since the first time I saw him play. Along with Shelvey he was our stand out player when the u18s thrashed Sheff Utd in the youth cup a few years ago.

It's easier for players to stand out when they have a mixture of pace, strength or skill (eg Kyel Reid) but Solly is and always was an intelligent as well as a committed player.
  • Options
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/42335/francis-or-solly/p2

Some classics here  especially Jarman's contribution : - )
  • Options

Solly has really suprised me. He's been immense but BWP so far closely followed by Kermongant.

Theyve all done bloody well so far to be fair and long may it continue. Hoping the end of year POY will be a tough call this season for the right reasons.

• Options
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/42335/francis-or-solly/p2

Some classics here  especially Jarman's contribution : - )
    Cruel (but revealing). Comrade AFKA's preference for Francis may need a rethink, too! .

Glad it was during  the height of the cricket season  so I was too busy to get involved  - otherwise I'd have probably posted something  dumber than all of 'em...
  • Options
    Spoke sense then as I do now , 8+)

Some of you wanting Francis back then had seriously been charltonized for mediocrity in football

solly is the mutts nuts , Scoham he was absolutely fantastic that night and I walked away knowing right back was a position that we wouldst need to worry about for years to come
  • Options
    the list of crimes against sane judgement from last year is endless - the tears when the new regime took over, the assertion that racon and semedo were a cut above, francis over solly, parkinson a good eye for a player...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guilty as charged.

Solly has been immense, delighted for him.
  • Options
    Spoke sense then as I do now , 8+)

Some of you wanting Francis back then had seriously been charltonized for mediocrity in football

solly is the mutts nuts , Scoham he was absolutely fantastic that night and I walked away knowing right back was a position that we wouldst need to worry about for years to come
    Here's my John Sessions impersonation

Steve Gritt told me at Peter Varney's leaving do what a great player he was and would be.  Gritty said a lot of "bigger" clubs wouldn't look at him because of his height but that he loved a tackle and timed his headers so well it didn't matter.
  • Options
    S-Dog, obviously!
  • Options
    16 games on and its hard to believe there was a Francis v Solly debate. The lad is a serious POTS contender. Quality.

Not only is Solly a good player, as I predicted he has improved and has done so quickly. All credit to him. The shame of it is that there will be "bigger" clubs sniffing around in January. Expect a bid for BWP too unless he gets injured. Our success this season may.depend on the transfer window. So POTS won't be clear until April at least.

I expect Hollands to still be around and to be in the running.
  • Options
    TBF  We haven't seen Francis play in this team.

Might look a lot better playing alongside a much more solid pair of CHs.

Or he might still be terrible and I don't want to see Powell take that risk, thanks  : - )
  • Options

If Francis ever gets back in the team it would be like when Les Berry had to play occassionally in our 85/86 promotion team - a reminder of the dark days. Personally i've seen well enough.

• Options
    the list of crimes against sane judgement from last year is endless - the tears when the new regime took over, the assertion that racon and semedo were a cut above, francis over solly, parkinson a good eye for a player...
    Parky did well in this league with what he had. Powell has done very well, but he's had the support to pretty much build a League 1 dream squad.

Parky certainly didnt have the opportunity to make the sort of signings Powell has. We've paid fees and signed players on 3 year deals, many proven at this level with potential to play at least in the Championship.

We are now seeing the benefit of everything the board can offer Powell that the old board weren't able to.

Put it this way, had Powell been in Parky's position I doubt he'd have done much better.
  • Options
    Parky did well in this league with what he had. Powell has done very well, but he's had the support to pretty much build a League 1 dream squad. Parky certainly didnt have the opportunity to make the sort of signings Powell has. We've paid fees and signed players on 3 year deals, many proven at this level with potential to play at least in the Championship. We are now seeing the benefit of everything the board can offer Powell that the old board weren't able to. Put it this way, had Powell been in Parky's position I doubt he'd have done much better.
    Accepted that Parky had a tough situation on his hands but i'm not convinced that had parky been in powell's position, he'd have done as well as i didn't see much evidence that he hada  particularly good eye for a player or knew how to get a team playing.
  • Options

Not sure anybody would have done as well - Parky may (I think likely) have done better last season as he knew what the players were capable of more than Powell did - although  it worked out for the best as the cvlub is now rejuvinated. Even though we weren't doing too bad up to Christmas last year - we knew we lacked a goal scorer and the defence was a bit one paced and vulnerable. The midfield also lacked a bit of creativity - What Powell has done to turn it around has been exceptional and when you consider that a lot of it was done for the money we got for one player and it makes you realise that we didn't spend that much to achieve it. Powell really did something special over the summer. We now have the best striker in the Divison (Iknow done before the Summer), and an excellent centre half pairing with good cover. The best left back in the divison and I would argue with Hollands - the best player of his type in the Division. I still think there is a lot to come from Green and Kermogant is well above this level.  

Don't think that should give us permission to knock Parky though - who did a half decent job in different circumstances.