Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yeovil (a) boxing day

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mmmmmmmmm my missus is up for hiring a large cottage in Devon/Cornwall so the family can all get together and go away for Christmas, I was not bowled over by the idea but all of a sudden I feel a change of heart coming on.......................Yeovil on boxing day.  
  • Options

Just found this thread.

Can't say that there were only 50 of us there but it couldn't have been many more. Travelled up overnight from Euston with my great good friend John from Coventry. The two of us were allowed into the railwaymen's canteen on Carlisle Station for breakfast at about 0600, somewhat the worse for wear it must be said. Carlisle's proximity to the skirtwearers meant that they enjoyed an English Xmas and a de facto Scottish NY so not reallly your normal Saturday (apart from the result - CUFC 3-1 CAFC). Back overnight Sat/Sun.

Sat evening was notable for the appearance of the Walker Bros at a gig in town - this drew hordes of screaming totty from the whole area. That was a real Saturday night. John got involved with one of the local girls - they got married two years later and they're still going strong. He is still in Cov and also still has a West Stand ST. I was over from Hollland for the Preston game and we had a very good day.

• Options
    Lets hope the club put them in a slightly better hotel than they did last year for the away game, sounded like Faulty Towers.

Absolute nonsense of a fixture.