Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many to Halifax??

Comments

• Options
    Must admit i love the romance of the cup (despite us being an awful cup side) and sure this will be an exciting game, but to travel from the Isle of Wight on a Sunday is a no go.  Any idea Shay how many fans Halifax expect to have there?
  • Options

Bearing in mind, you can't get a train. You're either on a coach at 7.30am approx (up at 6.30 on a Sunday) or driving & on the road by 8.30.

Not very attractive, I'm afraid & we won't take more than 250 I reckon. We may have taken 500 for a Saturday 3pm game. 

• Options
    With Huddersfield the week after not sure what team we are likely to put out.
  • Options
    Well the away end used
    To be a massive and I mean massive covered terrace. However for reasons unknown there are some issues with it(it's only 14yrs old) and is currently
    Closed. I suspect you will be housed in the all seated skircoat stand which is on one side of the pitch and holds 2200. The home fans will get our brand new east stand which holds 3500 as well as the south stand which is also massive covered terrace and holds 3200.
    Yep Skircoat Stand and cost is £13 adults, £10 concessions (over 65's and 12-16 year olds, £5 under 12's and £2 for the under 7's - I'll be in the away end so that's another one!  Also Halifax a great night out, better than Leeds or Hudds by a mile....I'll be travelling down on the bus - about 4 miles from my home ;-)

• Options
    I'll be travelling down on the bus

From memory of my days of going to meetings at the Halifax Building Society, if you travel into Halifax it has to be downwards
  • Options
    It's a non league ground
    When in rome..........
  • Options
    Well the away end used To be a massive and I mean massive covered terrace. However for reasons unknown there are some issues with it(it's only 14yrs old) and is currently Closed. I suspect you will be housed in the all seated skircoat stand which is on one side of the pitch and holds 2200. The home fans will get our brand new east stand which holds 3500 as well as the south stand which is also massive covered terrace and holds 3200.
    Yep Skircoat Stand and cost is £13 adults, £10 concessions (over 65's and 12-16 year olds, £5 under 12's and £2 for the under 7's - I'll be in the away end so that's another one!  Also Halifax a great night out, better than Leeds or Hudds by a mile....I'll be travelling down on the bus - about 4 miles from my home ;-)

You really going in the away end Steve?? surely Marshy will be in the home stand as he is a season ticket holder at the Shay isn't he??
  • Options
    CAFCofficial Charlton Athletic FC 
    But the breaking news is that #cafc is offering free travel to nearly 250 fans to the FA Cup tie at Halifax (MW) ow.ly/7hMw7
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    generous offer
  • Options

Good stuff from the club, still think we'll only bring 300

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    great offer. 6.15am though at Bexleyheath.
  • Options

Early start, but now CAFC have kindley done that offer, will be worth it,

I'll say we will take about 400

• Options
    Players and management contributing to cost.

Proves they are overpaid fancy dans showing off their wealth 

: - )
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Just want to clear something up, at the start they state.

The free places will be offered first to fans who have already travelled north to support the team at Bury, Rochdale and Hartlepool United this season.

Then further down.

Fans who bought match tickets for any of the Bury, Rochdale or Hartlepool away games this season will be able to secure free coach places...

I take it they mean OR and not AND so the second paragraph is right?
  • Options

I think they're just fed up with Ohhaah!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Just want to clear something up, at the start they state.

The free places will be offered first to fans who have already travelled north to support the team at Bury, Rochdale and Hartlepool United this season.

Then further down.

Fans who bought match tickets for any of the Bury, Rochdale or Hartlepool away games this season will be able to secure free coach places...

I take it they mean OR and not AND so the second paragraph is right?
    i was thinking the same,, i brought match ticket for rochdale, so does this mean im able to travel for free or? & No £10 places will be available untill the free travel has runout, but other fans purchasing match tickets in the meantime will be able to order coach places retrospectivley, So we will be able to get coach travel garanteed, if we buy a halifax ticket say like tomorow?
  • Options
    Operation 'buck the trend'
  • Options

So free places are only available to plastics who might have gone oop north once.

This club never ceases to amaze me.

• Options
    edited November 2011

Right,

Just rang the ticket office

if you have brought a ticket for either Rochdale, Bury, Or Hartlepool you get free coach travel, regardless how of you got  up there(ig car/train/coach)

• Options
    Very tempting!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think they're just fed up with embarrassingly small away support!

agreed
  • Options
    Well the away end used To be a massive and I mean massive covered terrace. However for reasons unknown there are some issues with it(it's only 14yrs old) and is currently Closed. I suspect you will be housed in the all seated skircoat stand which is on one side of the pitch and holds 2200. The home fans will get our brand new east stand which holds 3500 as well as the south stand which is also massive covered terrace and holds 3200.

How long have you lived in Halifax?

In the 80s it really was one mad night out, you used to get huge groups of lads from surrounding towns all heading in. Its nowhere near as lively now.

Hudders is a bit more of a laid back town centre atmosphere, probably due to the students, more ethically mixed. You cant compare either to Leeds.

Skircoat Green/Huddersfield Road area where the ground is, is the one of the nicest areas of the town. When the town was cleared of its terrace slums they built the estates way out to the north in what was a rural area, and they are quite desolate depressing places. Its quite strange to be out in nice countryside then come across Mixendens sprawling tower blocks and cheap prefab council estates in the middle of nowhere. 

• Options

Now that we are offering free coach travel for 250. I will up my prediction from 250 to 500.

• Options
    Did Sheff Utd, colchester and Wycombe but none of the 3 that are mentioned!
  • Options

You really going in the away end Steve?? surely Marshy will be in the home stand as he is a season ticket holder at the Shay isn't he??
    Of course Unc...I won't get bitten or abused for my northern twang will I? Yeah Steve will be in home end, yes season ticket holder and he'll be in home end...
  • Options
    Does this mean all all away tickets need to be purchased in advance or just for the free travel ones?
  • Options

In the 80s it really was one mad night out, you used to get huge groups of lads from surrounding towns all heading in. Its nowhere near as lively now.

Hudders is a bit more of a laid back town centre atmosphere, probably due to the students, more ethically mixed. You cant compare either to Leeds.

Skircoat Green/Huddersfield Road area where the ground is, is the one of the nicest areas of the town. When the town was cleared of its terrace slums they built the estates way out to the north in what was a rural area, and they are quite desolate depressing places. Its quite strange to be out in nice countryside then come across Mixendens sprawling tower blocks and cheap prefab council estates in the middle of nowhere. 

since 74, I was born in 72! Bradford crap night, Hudds full of students spewing up, Leeds ok but rip off and too spread out, Halifax still a great night out!  How come you know so much about Fax?
  • Options
    Does this mean all all away tickets need to be purchased in advance or just for the free travel ones?
    just the free travel ones, everyone else can pay on the gate at the away end
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    just the free travel ones, everyone else can pay on the gate at the away end
    cheers mate...hope to see a few of you there...
  • Options
    edited November 2011

since 74, I was born in 72! Bradford crap night, Hudds full of students spewing up, Leeds ok but rip off and too spread out, Halifax still a great night out!  How come you know so much about Fax?

Live in Brighouse - used to be a rough night but has become a bit middle class commuter town for Leeds Manchester in recent years

correct about Bradford - for a big City it really has nothing going for it - got to be the worst place in England