Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many to Halifax??

13»

Comments

• Options
    Well the away end used To be a massive and I mean massive covered terrace. However for reasons unknown there are some issues with it(it's only 14yrs old) and is currently Closed. I suspect you will be housed in the all seated skircoat stand which is on one side of the pitch and holds 2200. The home fans will get our brand new east stand which holds 3500 as well as the south stand which is also massive covered terrace and holds 3200.
    Yep Skircoat Stand and cost is £13 adults, £10 concessions (over 65's and 12-16 year olds, £5 under 12's and £2 for the under 7's - I'll be in the away end so that's another one!  Also Halifax a great night out, better than Leeds or Hudds by a mile....I'll be travelling down on the bus - about 4 miles from my home ;-)

How long have you lived in Halifax?

In the 80s it really was one mad night out, you used to get huge groups of lads from surrounding towns all heading in. Its nowhere near as lively now.

Hudders is a bit more of a laid back town centre atmosphere, probably due to the students, more ethically mixed. You cant compare either to Leeds.

Skircoat Green/Huddersfield Road area where the ground is, is the one of the nicest areas of the town. When the town was cleared of its terrace slums they built the estates way out to the north in what was a rural area, and they are quite desolate depressing places. Its quite strange to be out in nice countryside then come across Mixendens sprawling tower blocks and cheap prefab council estates in the middle of nowhere. 

since 74, I was born in 72! Bradford crap night, Hudds full of students spewing up, Leeds ok but rip off and too spread out, Halifax still a great night out!  How come you know so much about Fax?

Live in Brighouse - used to be a rough night but has become a bit middle class commuter town for Leeds Manchester in recent years

correct about Bradford - for a big City it really has nothing going for it - got to be the worst place in England

more charlton fans up north than I realised - yep Bradford is pants take it u goin to the game?
  • Options
    You can picture it now, Halifax fans chanting to fans of 'big' division one club charlton "you only live around the corner...."
  • Options

I shall be bringing my Rochdale and Bury ticket stubs tomorrow if anyone is in desperate need of them :-)

I shall be annoying a few Frenchmen at Compeigne Forest on the Sunday 13th, reminding them if it wasn't for the Brits they'd be speaking German now.

• Options

I shall be annoying a few Frenchmen at Compeigne Forest on the Sunday 13th, reminding them if it wasn't for the Brits they'd be speaking German now.

Where the French signed the "armistice" in 1940  : - )
  • Options

Let's call it a draw shall we?

• Options
    You can picture it now, Halifax fans chanting to fans of 'big' division one club charlton "you only live around the corner...."
    Ha ha, sounds like most of us do ;-)
  • Options
    Wonder if a few more will come now on account of our current form, just for the fun of it? surely the valley express cant be bad enough, to turn down a free ride. dont know if it's a goer, but if the club are listening i think that the coach should be free to all, not just the first 250. Come on MANAGEMENT IF YOUR LISTENING, lets open this offer to all. you're getting the tv money after all.  and what with no trains available, the coach is the only easy way to get there. see sense please. i'm sure a load more will come if it's an easy trip.