Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Bradley Wright-Phillips better than Shaun?

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
If not, how long until he is?

Comments

• Options
    When he's played as many Premiership games.

• Options
    He is certainly better at finishing than Shaun. But they're hard to compare as Shaun's a winger with bags of pace and average crosses while Bradley is a poacher who is class at finishing from anywhere. 

I'd say Bradley because of his goals.
  • Options

based on transfer fees accrued to date.....no

based on the division they play in .......no

based on England caps .....no

based on shaun playing forn  QP Ha Ha Ha Ha ans BWP playing his heart out for the addicks..............YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Options
    but is he better than Ian????????
  • Options
    Is he better than Mark?
  • Options
    but is he better than Ian????????
    No way  : - )
  • Options
    BWP has only scored regularly at this level. Unproven above league 1.

To be fair he looks a much better player than the one I remember at Southampton.

Suspect he has the tools to score at Championship level, not sure about any higher.
  • Options
    BWP has only scored regularly at this level. Unproven above league 1.

To be fair he looks a much better player than the one I remember at Southampton.

Suspect he has the tools to score at Championship level, not sure about any higher.
    He's certainly higher than Shaun.
  • Options
    I really rate SWP but BWP is showing his class at the moment. Do the same in the champ if we can get up and anything's possible.

When we signed him from Plymouth, Soton fans billed him as more a channel runner/tricky striker who did too much. I see an out and out finisher who will be worth quite a bit if he carries on.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Makes sense.

So, if I may divert from the question of the thread and expanding your, 'number of games played in the Premiership' gauge, is BWP worse than Traore, Faye, Jeffers Marcus Bent and Redfern?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011

So using your, 'number of games played in the Premiership' gauge, BWP is worse than Traore, Faye, Jeffers Marcus Bent and Redfern?
    Hmmm
    You brought those other players up but how would they have done at this level?     BWP is doing it two levels below SWP at the moment.   Maybe with maturity and luck on the injury front he'll catch up but right he's got a lot more to prove
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    SWP - 57 goals in 385 games for clubs, that's a goal every 6.75 games.

BWP - 65 goals in 235 games for clubs, that's a goal every 3.61 games.

So on this basis, I say yes.
  • Options
    SWP - 57 goals in 385 games for clubs, that's a goal every 6.75 games.

BWP - 65 goals in 235 games for clubs, that's a goal every 3.61 games.

So on this basis, I say yes.

Yes but one is a winger and one is striker. What about assists? Maybe a point system for Which league. 1 point for league 1, 2 points for Champs 3 for Prem.

I should think Shawns bank balance is better. 

• Options
    In the words of riscardo "he's better than Bjorn , he's better than Bjorn , Benny from ABBA , he's better than Bjorn"
  • Options
    He is a better football. SWP only has pace, might as well be doing athletics.
  • Options
    We wouldn't sing the song if it wasn't true would we?
  • Options

So using your, 'number of games played in the Premiership' gauge, BWP is worse than Traore, Faye, Jeffers Marcus Bent and Redfern?
    Hmmm
    You brought those other players up but how would they have done at this level?     BWP is doing it two levels below SWP at the moment.   Maybe with maturity and luck on the injury front he'll catch up but right he's got a lot more to prove
    Would have Semedo over Faye at any level and Jeffers hasn't done anything in years. Look at Euell and Fortune last season, some players don't stand out even after dropping down a division or two.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I know we love our team again but a bit of realism wouldn't go amiss.

This is like me saying my gf is hotter than angelina jolie on the basis I sleep with her...

Yes bwp is much better
  • Options

BWP seem s a completely different player to the one i remember playing against us for man city and southampton - maybe its the difference in quality he's up against or maybe he has dramatically improved. He seems to have a better first touch and finish than Sean but its impossible to compare whilst we're in league 1 and logically speaking i think it has to be no, he isn't better but confidence is a big thing and if he continues to play with a swaggera nd finish with such ease, maybe he'll go on to be better coz i agree that Sean's game is heavily reliant on pace.

• Options
    HE'S TALLER THAN SHAUN HE'S TALLER THAN SHAUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, BRADLEY WRIGHT PHILLIPS IS TALLER THAN SHAUN.  END OF FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see his dad in the way he plays. Agree- didn't see that with other clubs except Plymouth -maybe something changed in Bradley there.
  • Options
    I don't think that there's much doubt that Shaun is better than Bradley. As with all league salaries, Shaun almost certainly isn't as many times better than the pay packet he receives, but that's almost always true. I've seen BWP four times this season and he is clearly and very good finisher for this standard, but we have to remember it is League 1 with many average defenders. The evidence would suggest that he can cope a division higher, but he is probably a long way off being a top Premiership striker. To make the nearest comparison we have seen, he is no Darren Bent. However, good luck to him, he is doing his job very well at the moment for us. Let's hope it remains.
  • Options
    Ian Wright is BWP's biological dad.
  • Options
    Frankly, who cares who is best. All I know is that Bradley says that he has never been happier, and it shows in his play.
  • Options
    Quite simply, if BWP was better than SWP he wouldn't be here. He'd be in the Premiership. Frankly, I'd be over the moon to have either of them in the team as they are both quality players but Bradley is not better than Shaun.
  • Options

If he really was a better footballer he would be playing in the Prem so it is a silly question. However he plays for us I join in the song happily, although knowing it is a bit tongue in cheek.

I wonder if there is any banter about it in the Wright Phillips household!

• Options
    I'm sure I read somewhere that he gets pissed off with that chant.
  • Options
    I'm sure I read somewhere that he gets pissed off with that chant.
    I read somewhere that he wanted to bring Shaun along to a game so he could hear it for himself!