Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Magic Moments

2»

Comments

• Options

Danny Mills's free kick at Villa.

Any Sir Chris Powell goal but especially the last.

Di Canio and the policeman was a great shout, as was the 'catalob' incident, and Sturridge reading one on the post.

And honestly the best thing I've seen an individual player do at the valley was the Charlton 3 Ryan Giggs 3 game - he was awesome that day.

• Options

Stuart Leary = magician

Charlie Wright, Charlie Wright,

Plays it cool, plays it right

Forwards' hopes he's always dashin'

While we've got Charlie you can stick your Yashin

Well done, Charlie Wright - good old Charlie Wright

Magic moment : May 67 CAFC 3-0 Northampton. Eddie Firmani recently re-signed sparked a desperately-needed Charlton revival. This was the last game of the season and whoever lost went down. A thunderous game, even brutal at times. Firmani scored a very tidy goal but the gem was from Alan Campbell, who slalomed through a crowded and lethal penalty area to score an absolutely amazing goal, at the Covered End, of course. Sublime skill amidst the unbelievable tension and general mayhem.

• Options
    Crissy Powell's tunnel jump with floyd's head on.  Sorry I can't locate link to photo now - perhaps someone else has it?
  • Options

Clearly remember the Alan Campbell goal, he picked the ball up by the (old) players tunnel and didn't stop until he slammed it in the covered end net.

Another remarkable individual performance was undoubtedly Rodney Marsh when we lost 2-3 to QPR in the FA Cup.

Yet another remarkable individual performance was Paul Parker of Fulham when we beat them at chitehurst the year we went up under Lennie, he was like a one man team.

Jaap Stam was like a one man defence when we played ManU at home in the prem one year.

• Options
    edited November 2011

Clearly remember the Alan Campbell goal, he picked the ball up by the (old) players tunnel and didn't stop until he slammed it in the covered end net.

Another remarkable individual performance was undoubtedly Rodney Marsh when we lost 2-3 to QPR in the FA Cup.

Yet another remarkable individual performance was Paul Parker of Fulham when we beat them at chitehurst the year we went up under Lennie, he was like a one man team.

Jaap Stam was like a one man defence when we played ManU at home in the prem one year.

Oh yes, I remember Paul Parker that day, absolutely awesome, if he ever played a better game in his life I would loved to have seen it.

I actually met him in the bar after the game and asked if he 'd like to sign for us.

Can't remember what he said. I think we actually made enquiries to do so but of course nothing ever came of it.

• Options
    So many to choose from but to see Kevin Lisbie take Liverpool apart and score a hat-trick stands out - not least from a rarity point of view.
  • Options
    What about the emotion when the North End started chanting for Curbs near the end of his last game v Blackburn - the whole ground rose as one to give him a 3 minute standing ovation - including Mark Hughes and the Blackburn bench. Watery eye time.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Crissy Powell's tunnel jump with floyd's head on.  Sorry I can't locate link to photo now - perhaps someone else has it?
    Real Charlton have it saved to their computers :p 
  • Options
    I would love to see that Bartlett goal again (versus Leicester). Unfortunately my eyesight makes that clip look like a moving salvador dali picture.
  • Options
    Fantastic picture. Fantastic man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kish being made to look a right plonker when Ronaldo who had been running him ragged, popped over his tackle  when Kish was obviously intent on at least first degree GBH.  Mind you Ronaldo was even annoying his own teammates with his showboating.
  • Options
    Real Charlton have it saved to their computers :p 
    Sorry - my hard drive went down and my memory stick was full so this unfortunately didn't get backed up!  Got it back now though :-)

• Options
    Real stand out moment was first match back at the valley after trapsing across to to Selhurst Park then over to West Ham.  Having said that I don't remember too much about it having imbibed in too much alcohol!
  • Options
    'We all agree, Wright is better than Yashin ...'

blimey hadn't thought of that song for ages ... seem to recall it went on:

'Bonds is better than Eusebio and we're gonna give Millwall a thrashing'

Ahhh, memories
  • Options
    Being told by the police that they were giving us 5 minutes start on the Leeds fans at St Andrew's...so get running lads!

Found a friendly pub to hide in
  • Options
    'We all agree, Wright is better than Yashin ...' blimey hadn't thought of that song for ages ... seem to recall it went on: 'Bonds is better than Eusebio and we're gonna give Millwall a thrashing' Ahhh, memories

If I'm right there were two songs - the one I mentioned above (tune : Silent Night) and "We all agree, Charlie is better than Yashin, Saunders is better than Eusebio and Millwall are in for a thrashin' ".

On the subject of Ron Saunders .... (intro to My Old Man's a Dustman) Now here's a little story, to tell it is a must, About an unsung hero, who scores his goals with lust. Some people talk of Gilzean, others talk of Law, our old Ron don't earn much, all he does is score .... Saunders is the king, Saunders is the king, e i addio Saunders is the king !!

Seems like yesterday (and yesterday seems like 45 years ago) ....

• Options
    Spot on there GHE ........we didn't just sing them down the Covered End, but on the away coaches too - win or lose, we always had a proper old sing-song. Brings a tear to my eye, remembering it all.

Just don't get proper songs sung today.

• Options
    Magic moment - Colin Walsh scoring "that" first goal back at the Valley

Wackiest moment - Di Canio having the audacity to chip the penalty against arsenal... insane, cheeky, audacious. A Charlton player doing that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xovHbpjluFw