Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would Curbs come back now ?

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Hypothetical question but if Sir Chris Powell left for Leicester this week would Curbs be prepared to take over the team as it stands ? He has been out of work for a very long time and is now not being linked with so many vacancies as in the past - thoughts ?

Comments

• Options
    Oh Jeezuz!!
  • Options
    i'm with soundas£ on this
  • Options
    And on the third day,  he rose again from the dead....
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    If SCP left for Leicester. Hypothetical or not wash your mouth out!
  • Options
    stupid thread of the week award
  • Options
    Yup!
  • Options
    Nigel Pearson is returning to Leicester so no he wont be going there.
  • Options
    No but Jimmy Seeds up for it!

FFS - Move on!
  • Options
    What about Lennie?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon Parky would come back if we asked nicely.
  • Options
    Curbs = history - very good history
  • Options
    What about Lennie?
    Sod Lennie - Theo Foley's still available
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    This
  • Options
    Christ cut the poster some slack. It's a football forum where people post to get opinions on all sorts of speculative and not topics. This forum can be so anal at times.
  • Options
    Sorry?  Alan?...oh...remind me...
  • Options
    This
    Christ cut the poster some slack. It's a football forum where people post to get opinions on all sorts of speculative and not topics. This forum can be so anal at times.
  • Options
    Would be nice if we named a stand after him - think he would come back for the opening. As for managing again - it looks less likely the more time passes - does he need the money - I suspect not. 
  • Options

The key to the Original Post was the word 'hypothetical'. Some people...

• Options
    if I had to choose right now between the two, I think I'd stick with Powell, curbs has been out of it for some time- and could he do any better?
    It gives you some perspective.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just thinking of  Name a Stand Competition thread but you've beaten me to it.
  • Options
    ...and does anyone think he's one of powells 'mentors'?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Do you think think that Curbs got the respect he was due from Charlton fans , lots of people moaned about the football being dull finishing mid table in the Prem , and look where that got us! i think we need a continuity plan , of who the next Chris Powell would be , in case he ups sticks and the whole thing falls apart again.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Who cares. It's in the past get over it.

• Options

Who cares. It's in the past get over it.

True , but if we can't appreciate what a Manager does , when they are with us , why on earth are they ever going to want to hang around? and then were back to square 1.
  • Options
    But boring is OK? How many times have we got to do the 'Is Curbs coming back'? 'Would Curbs come back if...'? debate.
    So pardon my piss taking! But like you say 'It's a football forum where people post to get opinions'. Is mine not allowed then?

Hes' not coming back....ever....! Get over it!
  • Options
    But if the title reflects the post -as it does in this case - you don't have to go into the thread!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    But if the title reflects the post -as it does in this case - you don't have to go into the thread!

Oh dear Muttley, not this "don't open the thread" thing again.....you know I read just about all the threads on here at some time or another, not neccessarily constantly and often with varying degrees of interest....it's how you find out about other folks opinions and mindset on all sorts of things.

I don't buy a newspaper or reference book and only read the stuff I'm interested in.......then again maybe I'm different but I don't think so.

• Options
    Interestingly, I just read on the Sky website that Alan C has lost more Premiership games (135) than any other manager apart from Harry Redknapp (205). Steve Bruce (132) will overtake him in a few weeks though.
  • Options
    Not really does it, 'Would Curbs Come back Now' infers something has happened that is breaking news, imagine my disappointment......etc....etc.....