Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would Curbs come back now ?

Comments

• Options
    Christ, if you're so easily offended by people wasting your precious time on a discussion forum in the middle of the day then I suggest forums aren't the place for you. Imagine my disappointment at opening a page and finding the first few responses were people moaning that they didn't like the question
  • Options

Ok, so you don't like the thread or think it is boring, you moan about it - fair enough - but then to respond to my defence of the original poster, you must have returned to the thread that is annoying you again!!!

• Options

Ok, so you don't like the thread or think it is boring, you moan about it - fair enough - but then to respond to my defence of the original poster, you must have returned to the thread that is annoying you again!!!

Thats right Muttley, I think its boring consant Curbs speculation. We are in a different era. Let me explain to you why I returned to this thread. I found some of the answers amusing, so I thought I'd check to see if there were anymore. I also responded to another posters answer, so I checked to see if there was a response. That's why its a thread, it grows with responses. Clever eh. Also you made an incorrect statement so I felt compelled to give you my response.

GM - Who's offended? Just think the whole Curbs thing is dull and down to death. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Options
    Defending with 11 at corners? No thanks.
  • Options
    Curbs went out on the highest high a manager could go out on - what other club gives their manager that sort of reception on his last game? Why would he risk ruining that?
  • Options

No doubt this has been discussed before, and it's also a slight swerve of the question - apologies in advance for any annoyance - but what is the general opinion of where we would be right now if AC had never left, and was now into his 21st season ?

Fwiw, my feeling is that we would be mid-table Championship. 

• Options

No doubt this has been discussed before, and it's also a slight swerve of the question - apologies in advance for any annoyance - but what is the general opinion of where we would be right now if AC had never left, and was now into his 21st season ?

Fwiw, my feeling is that we would be mid-table Championship. 

100% Premiership. Though still floating around 7th - 14th
  • Options
    apologies for starting this thread in the first place !! i know when to keep quiet in future ! - i did think that we were all on the same side - but obviously not..
  • Options
    apologies for starting this thread in the first place !! i know when to keep quiet in future ! - i did think that we were all on the same side - but obviously not..

There's some proper dickheads on this forum unfortunately. Don't be disheartened
  • Options
    If he came back we'd all be crying out for him to leave so we can step up to the next level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No need for apologies it's an interesting question. Some people have to have a dig for the sake of it though.

For what it is worth I'm not convinced Curbs wants the hassle of management anymore or, if he does, it will be on his terms.

Even when we were successful and competing in the prem people (on netaddicks at the time) criticised him for "boring midtable football blah, blah, blah."

He doesn't need the money or the grief.

• Options

CP has made 19 successful signings, we're top of the league and we're playing attractive football. CP's the future.

• Options
    I distinctly remember saying to myself - this is boring, if things don't change I'm not gonna renew next season.  Then he left and I had to renew to see what would happen next.   Now it's not boring any more.  Much more exiting seeing things being built than watching slow decay.
  • Options
    As I recall in his last two seasons he had a 10 match blistering spell in between two really poor runs which kept us up for both. We were on a downward spiral although that may not have been his fault and due to lack of funds.
  • Options
    As I recall in his last two seasons he had a 10 match blistering spell in between two really poor runs which kept us up for both. We were on a downward spiral although that may not have been his fault and due to lack of funds.
    I felt really sorry for him.  For years he had to manage on a really tight budget, he leaves and Dowie was given milllions to whizz up the wall.
  • Options

Absolutely agree.

That midfield he built (for virtually nothing) - Holland, Murphy, Smertin and Parker - was the best I've seen in 50 years of following Charlton. With Bent up front they could have taken us to Europe. And with the 10 million he would have kept us up. Never understood why the board let him go early. They should have brought someone in to learn along side him in his last contractual year.

• Options
    Smertin and Murphy came in after Parker left, forming a midfield trio with Kish.
  • Options
    Wouldn't want him back, even if Powell did leave.

No chance that Powell will go to Leicester anyway.
  • Options
    I distinctly remember saying to myself - this is boring, if things don't change I'm not gonna renew next season.  Then he left and I had to renew to see what would happen next.   Now it's not boring any more.  Much more exiting seeing things being built than watching slow decay.
    Err ..... haven't you missed out the bit between him leaving and now?

(Although I know most of us would rather forget it>)
  • Options
    Just as I clicked to open up this thread, the theme from Curb Your Enthusiasm came up at random on my iTunes.  I'm taking it as a sign; not only would Curbs come back, he is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and he sponsors our shirts
  • Options
    don't let them scare you off it was a perfectly ok question you were just thinking hypothetically and wondered what 'fellow' supporters felt, Sometimes everyone forgets that we are all on the same side.

If you 'mean' critics stop this guy from posting again after trying to ridicule him for asking a HYPOTHETICAL question then you should hold your heads in shame. Cyber bullying in its entirety. 

Back to the original question though.

I think he IS back, in the sense that a lot of what powell does he learnt from curbs, he also comes along to lots of matches for support etc, so his heart is still here. As far as in the physical sense, NO he won't come back, he achieved hero status when he left he wouldn't want to jeopardise that by coming back with the possibility of failing. I think if he was ever going to return it would have been when we were at our lowest, before parky left, then he would have got his hero status all over again. Now he wouldn't risk it. Besides I doubt powell would go anywhere unless he was pushed, he loves this club too much. 
  • Options
    I think if he ever comes back it will be in some form of ambassadors role. Nothing more
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

more fool us, for bothering to respond and that includes me as well?
  • Options
    @SwingForward Don't take it personal mate, we have all kinds on here and things aren't always taken as they are intended and vice versa. Mind you, no one takes any notice of me, so at least you got a response! ;-)
  • Options
    who said that?
  • Options
    Just take the insults as groans from people who spend too much time on here. No reflection on you.
  • Options
    Just take the insults as groans from people who spend too much time on here. No reflection on you.
    Even more Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Even more Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Still sore obviously (no pun intended)
  • Options
    I think Curbs thought his heart was with West Ham, but after a messy divorce he realised that we were his real and only true love. He can never come back as we have found another and moved on but there will aways be a special part of our heart reserved for him. Barbara Cartland eat your heart out!