Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is football better than sex?

Sorry if this is a taboo subject but ...

I took my son on 'The Liverpool Way' coaching course in west London a year back (60 quid for 5 days). The coaches were: Bruce Grobbelaar, Ronnie Whelan, David Johnson, Jimmy Case and Micky Thomas. Absolutely top blokes. I think a lot of parents took time off work that week and probably enjoyed it as much as the kids.

Anyway, half way through my son has a heading practice session with David Johnson. Johnson starts telling them about his career. Then my son (14) comes back and says David Johnson said 'football is better than sex'. Is that true dad? Well, the only thing I could think of was - it last longer son.

Just wondering is it? Would anyone over 25 miss a charlton game for a bird?

Comments

• Options

I think at 14 football is better than sex. Its also a lot more likely.

After that age you're just not doing it right.

• Options
    Scoring a great goal or making a great save is better IMO, although that may say more about the women I have had sex with. Good job my wife doesn't read this!
  • Options
    This board gets weirder by the day.
  • Options
    Brilliant Muttley and so true
  • Options
    so many variables ... do you have to come from behind? .... are you playing in the hole? ... are the front two up for it? .... can you play away?
  • Options
    Depends what sort of penetration is involved, not always easy to break down League 1 defenses.
  • Options

As it happens on most Saturdays AND Tuesdays it is certainly more frequent these days....

• Options
    Either way, no-one wants to do it on a wet November evening in Stoke
  • Options
    They are both so different, during sex you don't get to change ends after 45 minutes and a band at halftime!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And there isn't a stand full of people cheering you on!
  • Options
    And there isn't a stand full of people cheering you on!
    Speak for yourself.
  • Options
    or booing you!!
  • Options
    Getting subbed would be awful!
  • Options
    I have got cramp before. That wasn't good!
  • Options
    It'll also be bad if you fail to hit the target too
  • Options
    The Mrs seems to object to my halftime orange for some reason.
  • Options

i dont pay £300 a year for sex and its generally about 23 times a year now so it must be football

• Options
    What about the deep heat?
  • Options
    Im not sure if football is better than sex, but the outcome of a footy match can have an effect on the outcome of sex!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about the deep heat?
    Personally i prefer durex warming lube, but each to their own Muttley
  • Options
    boy george once said that a cup of tea was better than sex

but you ve got to let the tea get cold first ...in my experience
  • Options

I love the screams when I score though ;)

• Options
    What about the back pass rule?
    What about the 6 second rule for handling the ball?
    What about diving in the box?
  • Options
    If you score in football you immediately want to score 5 or 6 more which is physically impossible with sex, plus you dont worry about the consequences for days afterwards so it's football for me.
  • Options
    I played in a charity game a few years ago against the Arsenal invincibles. I dribbled into the box but then was smothered by Seaman....
  • Options
    I think there may be some on here who dont pay as much for their football, as they pay for their sex ; )
  • Options
    Feltham - speak for yourself
  • Options

Do you change ends at half time?

• Options
    I was.