Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Halifax vs. Charlton | FA Cup First Round, 12th November | Preview, Predictions, News and Views

Comments

• Hopefully we will field a side that will be much to strong for Halifax to cope with,can't see any result other than a resounding win for us,
  • A very tense, nail biting, edge of the seat 2-0 to us with the goals coming in the last 10 minutes of the game.
  • No idea of the team, no idea of the ref, no idea at all really.

Oh go on then, Smith in the 91st minute equalises an appalling referee decision earlier when Halifax go ahead via a penalty. Whole Charlton bench sent off to the stands.

• We put out a reserve side but still win 2.1
  • We are going to win 10-0.

The Halifax scoreboard should be able to keep up as they share the ground with Halfiax Blue Sox RL team

• Tonbridge 5-0 is the benchmark.
  • Anything less than 5 is not an option.

But maybe they'll win the second half, like Preston did, according to taxi driver Brown.
  • edited November 2011
    1-0 will do in all honesty.
  • Physic RM here.....morning all...........predicting this is not easy......lets look at the facts.....away to a non-league side......tight ground with a 10,000 capcity.....Live in front of the nation on Sunday lunchtime... .....our last outing to a non-league club, just 2 years ago, ended in a humilating defeat....on a tight little ground, Live in front of the nation.........on a Sunday!!! There though the similarities end.
    We have a better squad, a different manager, different style of play and an attitude that says we wont give up, we wont panic and we wont be humiliated!!
    Looking at my balls this morning....I'm happy to report that whilst there will be some scarey moments and some last ditch tackles along the way and perhaps a ref that will give most contentious issues to The Shaymen...........The Addicks will win this..........3-1.
    Right time to pack my balls away and head off to work.

As an aside there is an interseting article on Beeb website linky thing is here-:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15564745.stm

• Although this is an obvious opportunity to give others a game, I am more concerned that we maintain the form that we have been showing. If we put in a dodgy performance Sunday like we did at Northwich ( yes I know it's a new team ), CP will have the job of getting everybody back into the right frame of mind quite uneccessarily. I understand that we will want to rest BWP and perhaps Morrison, also that people like Sullivan and Evina look ready, but these are fit young men we are talking about. Young men who are well paid to play often one game a week.

Our priority must be to keep on doing what we have been doing, also to show viewers that The Valley is a good place to be right now. A resounding win will add to the next gate, which equals income and a better atmosphere in the Stadium when we play Huddersfield. It's time for hard professionalism, not tinkering. The person who suggested playing Doherty, I hope, is joking.

• Sponsored links:

Burton Albion 7 - 0 is the benchmark
  • I suggested Doherty. Reason being how would you like Doc playing against Brentford? Morrison needs one more booking for a ban. Cort is on international duty. Who else do we have?

I actually think we need another CB for the squad so we can then ship Doc out.

• I suggested Doherty. Reason being how would you like Doc playing against Brentford? Morrison needs one more booking for a ban. Cort is on international duty. Who else do we have?

I actually think we need another CB for the squad so we can then ship Doc out.

Morrison has 2 yellow cards, I think a player needs 5 for a suspension

• Can we not bring Yado Mambo back if needed ? He is definitely preferable in my opinion.
  • I think having Doc as 4th choice centre back for a League One side isn't too shoddy!

• Quite reasonably it's all a matter of personal opinion I guess. Wouldn't do if we all thought alike. Certainly I am interested to see CP's take on it.
    Burton Albion 7 - 0 is the benchmark
    No, that was at The Valley.
  • 12th november? thats saturday? the game is on the 13th ?

• I reckon Neil Aspin wants to get one over on us after he was in the Leeds side we beat 2-1 in 1987 play-off final - my prediction is a draw - I'm desperate for the replay ;-)
  • Is there any footage of of the HALES/FLANAGHAN fight ?
  • Sponsored links:

• But he isn't in the team - he is 4th choice - you can't expect to have Rio Ferdinand as 4th choice in a League One side- albeit the best one. Doc was a key member of the Norwich side who were Champions the season before last so whatever you think of him - I think my point stands. It shouldn't be unreasonable to expect that he can do a job against Halifax. I would have the other 3 CBs we have, before him but we do have to be realistic. 
  • i watched a FA CUP round1 preview last night and the charlton @halifax fixture was the main story. lets just say that sundays game is officialy the biggest game  for their entire halifax team. their manager stated "we couldnt have asked for a bigger cuptie". funny to note that their starting right back is also a 9-5 financial banker.... lol.
  • We will win as they have created their own t-shirts... surefire way to backfire.

http://www.halifaxafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10437~2512711,00.html
  • Is there any footage of of the HALES/FLANAGHAN fight ?

Fortunately not...

Charlton to win - I'd give Cort a run out and maybe Evina too, keep them match fit and give one or two players a break.

• The game is on the 13th lol
  • Is Cort available or not? O/S says yes, mentioning of international duty on here.
  • someone upload it to youtube...I've never seen it!
  • Can only see a win here. I'd like a cup run up to the 4th round. Would be good to see how we do against low Premier or Championship opposition.
  • I think my point is that he is capable of doing a job against Halifax -quite a simple one really.