Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Famous quotes

Comments

• Options
    Never trust a man, who when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on.
    Billy Connolly

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Goonerhater - your right it is a fact (in my opinion)
  • Options
    I spent many years laughing at Harry Secombe's singing until somebody told me that it wasn't a joke.
    Spike Milligan

• Options
    Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.
    W. C. Fields

• Options

"Remember when we went to Spain for the Ango-Italian Cup?"

Shaun Newton, circa 1994, as quoted by Garry Nelson in Left Foot Forward

• Options

' I didnt expect Kenny Rogers to look like that '........... my wife at the end of a Don Williams concert that I persuaded her to come to.

• Options
    "A Premiership team will win the FA cup, why not us?" 
  • Options
    Dizzle what came first WW2 or EA Sports?
    i was joking mate, i get where you were coming from
  • Options
    There are known knowns; there are things we know we know.
    We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.
    But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know.

—Former United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Not 100% sure it was Lady Astor who said that to Churchill but it was her that  said:
    " Mr Churchill if you was my husband i would poison you!"
    Churchill " Lady Astor if i was your husband i would take it !"

of course there are 100z of Churchillisms and the great Groucho Marx (only Marx that made any sense) one of many:

"i had a wonderful evening, but this wasnt it "

more Groucho " i can remember Dorris Day before she was a virgin "

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dizzle I liked your point and I was joking too. That's why football fan forums are fun. We all come from the same SE  London piss taking background and have chosen to follow our own local team rather than celebrity London teams. We're a great little community.
  • Options
    Why is abreviation such a long word?
  • Options
    There are known knowns.
    These are things that we know that we know.
    There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know that we don't know.
    But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld
  • Options
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

- Albert Einstein
    If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.

- Dan Quayle
  • Options

I always liked Margot Asquith's who got annoyed with Jean Harlow constantantly mispronouncing her first name

"The 't' is silent darling, as in 'Harlow'"

• Options
    In the 1988 Vice Presidential debates one of the greatest put downs of all time, by Lloyd Bentsen to J. Danforth Quayle (a man who couldn't even spell potato) who had made a reference comparing his experience with that of President Kennedy when the latter was in the Senate:
    "Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy, I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine.  Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" 
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep.
    - W. C. Fields.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    - Thomas Edison
  • Options

'I got into bed and my wife said 'God you're feet are cold' 'I said, just call me Brian dear' - Brian Clough

• Options
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 appears to be linking scenes with well known quotes.

Last night ""The only thing required for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." by Edmund Burke came up while my son was playing.

And they say these games aren't educational
  • Options
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 appears to be linking scenes with well known quotes.

Last night ""The only thing required for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." by Edmund Burke came up while my son was playing.

And they say these games aren't educational
    It comes with famous quotes like that when you die (or it did on MW2).

It had Gandhi's ''An eye for eye will make the whole world blind'' on the last one along with many others. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A premiership side will win it why not us?

Llewellyn Charles

• Options
    Some classics -

The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out

Ability is nothing without opportunity

I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse
  • Options
    Auf Wiedersein Horse!
  • Options
    Why is abreviation such a long word?
    Abbreviation ;)
  • Options
    It is better to find one fault in yourself than a thousand faults in other people.
    Dalai Lama
  • Options
    It is better to find one fault in yourself than a thousand faults in other people.
    Dalai Lama
    He's never been on this site, obviously!
  • Options
    Dalai Lama
    He's never been on this site, obviously!
    LOL - my thoughts precisely, and frequently.
    Good advice to follow though, just wish I did it more!
  • Options

"It is generally agreed that "Hello" is an appropriate greeting because if you entered a room and said "Goodbye" it could confuse a lot of people."

Dolph Sharp

• Options
    "When I was younger I told them I wanted to be a comedian - they laughed at me."

"They're not laughing now"

Bob Monkhouse.

• Options
    Not famous, but recent

Ray Wilkins
    Losing by six goals can certainly take the wind out of your sails

Micky Quinn
    Its not about tomorrow for Arsenal - its about the future

Sky 's John Richardson
    John Terry has had more central defensive pairings than Fred Astaire

Tim Flowers
    He picked the postage stamp over the wall with aplomb