Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ground Naming

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
As St James Park is shortly to become the Chav Clothing Arena

does anyone think of who might give their name to our Home ground ?

perhaps we can get an ageing American singer to sponsor us ....say the Frankie Valli Valley?

Or on a serious note would we all agree to selling off the name of our ground for some filthy lucre ?

if this has been discussed  before please ignore

Comments

• Options
    As long as it was called  -   The " insert sponsor" Valley  and we were given shit loads of money , i could get used to it.
  • Options
    Valley of Dreamlands
  • Options
    I'm thinking about giving up with football if it continues down this route and get in to F1.
  • Options

The Trainline.com stadium

Should please a few of our nearest and dearest rivals

• Options

I think we did have a thread about this not so long ago.

My favourite suggestion was The Valley Cafe

• Options
    I'm thinking about giving up with football if it continues down this route and get in to F1.
     F1 was probably the first sport to take on  major sponsorship so you could argue they are partially to blame,
  • Options
     F1 was probably the first sport to take on  major sponsorship so you could argue they are partially to blame,
    F1 is also a sport where cars go WHOOOOOSH!
  • Options
    whooooosh on me i take it!
  • Options

As a cricket fan I have never called The Oval anything but The Oval. That is despite it being called various names over the past few years. Fosters, Brit etc

I wouldn't really mind if we went down that road. Surely you call the ground what you want.

Just popping down the The Midland bank to pay my Access card bill.......

• Options
    There's only one St James's Park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There is now
  • Options

I saw on the news that the Ricoh arena is being temporarily renamed for some competition or other.

If the club could make some money out of renaming the Valley, I don't really see the harm (think I said this last time the debate was raised on here).

• Options
    It's part of the world of money. Perhaps the fans (walking bill boards) should charge the shopping brands for advertising space on their bodies.
  • Options
    They can call it whatever they want if they give us enough cash but I'll always call it the Valley.
  • Options
    The Lidl Arena
  • Options
    I hear the New den is being renamed "the Poundland stadium".
  • Options
    There is now

Always was.

St james's Park and St James Park are totally different.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I've heard that they're having a rethink about the Newcastle stadium.  They're going to call it the Sports Direct, Shites Manage Arena.  Still only expected to be temporary.
  • Options
    Witton Albion in Cheshire used to play at the Bargain Booze Stadium
  • Options
    I agree with chirpy, they can call stadiums what they like, we still always use the original name, don't we? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully dreams (the bed company) will get involved and it will be "The Valley of Dreams"
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Sellout could be renamed the Armatige Shanks Bowl - we could get sponsored by a toy/game company and our ground be re- named The Chad Valley.
  • Options
    A firm of undertakers could sponsor us and we'd be Death Valley.
  • Options
    MacDonalds - the Happy (meal) Valley.
  • Options
    A firm of undertakers could sponsor us and we'd be Death Valley.

Only if there were 69 of them.
  • Options
    The day they rename the ground will be the day I stop going to The Valley.
  • Options
    How about......The Real Supporters Stadium ?
  • Options
    What even if it was renamed the AFKABartram Charlton Life Stadium?
  • Options
    Well, yea, you'll be going to whatever they decide to call it!
  • Options

call it what they want if they give us enough money for it, will always be the Valley to me (and everyone else I'm sure)