Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ground Naming

Comments

• Options
    The day they rename the ground will be the day I stop going to The Valley.
    Well, yea, you'll be going to whatever they decide to call it!
    *Applause*
  • Options
    There's only one St James's Park.
    There is now

Always was.

St james's Park and St James Park are totally different.

;-0)
  • Options
    Just as the toon army will always call it st j p we would always call it The Valley but it would still greatly piss me off in a few years time when watching reruns of our European Cup semi final victory & hear them talking about "Here we are at the Durex featherlite stadium home of English Premier Champions Charlton Athletic"
  • Options
    It always amazes me how bad most american stadium names are. For instance LA Galaxy play at the Home Depot Center, which sounds like a retail park. Why couldn't they call it the Home Depot Arena, or Home Depot Stadium? Calling it Home Depot Center is just deliberately confusing, at least to my mind.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Much more value in renaming the club than the stadium. If they'd give us money (and the rules were changed to allow it), why would anyone object? After all, money's all that matters  . . .
  • Options
    Re - name the stadium. That's the end of the Valley Floyd Road song then.
  • Options
    NUFC have said it could be worth 10 million pounds a year. So they will sell their soul for the price of an average player. Footballs greed is insatiable and I like the whole thing less year on year.
  • Options
    If sponsored by the cycle company, The raleigh valley.

• Options
    NUFC have said it could be worth 10 million pounds a year. So they will sell their soul for the price of an average player. Footballs greed is insatiable and I like the whole thing less year on year.
    What if , when we get promoted to The Championship - O2 came along and offered us 10 Million to be called The O2 Valley ( like the dome) is everyone saying they would turn it down. That 10 Mil could get us back to the promised land or do we turn it down on principle .

Surely it would be stupid to say no ? 
  • Options
    Mate of mine told me that Scarboroughs ground was renamed the Mccain Stadium the Theatre of Chips.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isnt the plan to change the colour of their shirts too?
    On R5 they say it is a change fto Red and blue - should please the Sunderland fans.
  • Options
    On R5 they say it is a change fto Red and blue - should please the Sunderland fans.

We all know that's rubbish.
  • Options

Oh, sorry, I didnt, just been listening to R5 where various ex players were discussing it.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

I don't mean you Hearing it was rubbish I mean there is absolutely no way that Newcastle United would ever get rid of the black and white stripes. It just won't happen and we all know it.

• Options
    What if , when we get promoted to The Championship - O2 came along and offered us 10 Million to be called The O2 Valley ( like the dome) is everyone saying they would turn it down. That 10 Mil could get us back to the promised land or do we turn it down on principle .

Surely it would be stupid to say no ? 
    Like Beds I don't have a problem with a "Insert name here" Valley as I'll never use it anyway.

I doubt it would be worth £10m to us though so just how low do you go. 

We haven't got sponsorships for any of the Stands (apart from the away end which is named after a Scottish Garden Nursery I believe) so lets start there.
  • Options
    The O2 Valley for enough money maybe because like Henry we would never use it but The O2 football arena would be the end of my supporting days.
  • Options
    The Vodfone Valley's got a nice ring to it.
  • Options
    Please dont lower the tone.
  • Options
    That would set a few alarm bells ringing
  • Options

Wouldn't get a good reception from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah ok, but any potential deal with that lot and we could be talking telephone numbers.
  • Options
    Would we still be allowed to chant?  Would be nice is there were sumsang
  • Options
    Please - we dont need any outside interference.
    We can argue about this until we are blue in the tooth.
  • Options

Sponsorship.

This is getting totally out of hand.

First we change the name of the Valley

Then we change our  beloved red and white for perhaps Blue???. God Forbid

Then we change the name of the Club.

Where does it end ?

The Charlton Tesco Every Penny Counts United Football Club.

This will not work you cannot get that clubs name on the seats and trying chanting that one after six pints of lager. Forget it

• Options
    I reckon that sponsorship must be worth at least 3G in the bank............
  • Options
    Change our name ! You cannot be SIRI us............get it ;0)
  • Options

There is a 50 mil deal to re-name it the:

Yeo Valley

FACT

• Options
    the board must think we are SIMple if they think we'd put up with this with this.

bring back some old players like Les Blackberry to Nokia the idea on the head right now
  • Options
    Sven Joran Erikson as manager?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Brings a new meaning to the number of apps. a player has in his career for us.