Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Date Set For Harry's Trial

Comments

• Options
    Hence why fabio didn't get the sack after the world cup fiasco
  • Options
    Hope he gets all that is due to him.
  • Options
    Wave goodbye to the England job Harry. About time the authorities caught up with him. And if Mandaric goes down as well that'll affect Sheffield Weds promotion chances.
  • Options
    A friend of an associate is a football agent and he won't even deal with that great strikers husband cos he's always after a drink wink wink
  • Options
    I like Harry but i find it hard to forgive him for what he said about Bent.
  • Options
    I am sure mandric would have to step down as Sheffield weds chairman if found guilty , couldn't be fit and proper could he then
  • Options
    I detest Spurs and if Harry is guilty then he should go down. However if England do go for an English manager then without Harry our leading contender based on the league table would be Pardew!
  • Options
    johnny..........are you a cop..........or a traffic warden maybe?
  • Options
    If Big Sam, Clough and Ferguson can get away with fiddling under the roof, table or whatever, then so can Harry. Good luck to him although allegedly he has cost West Sham fahsands and fahsands in 'agents' fees' for superstars like Suker .. remember him ?
  • Options
    Ked Dodd got off with tax evasion  so Harry has no wories they let clowns off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why does it matter?
  • Options
    Why does it matter?
    Dazzler.....73 also made a comment in the Gazza thread a few moments before or after the one in this thread. I was trying to be a bit humourous..........well there ya go egh.............Jeezuz!
  • Options
    lest we forget...In 7 years at West Ham Harry Redknapp made one hundred and forty four signings.

One of them was Jermain Defoe, of course, and that is already established as illegal.

He can go to hell.
  • Options
    lest we forget...In 7 years at West Ham Harry Redknapp made one hundred and forty four signings.

One of them was Jermain Defoe, of course, and that is already established as illegal.

He can go to hell.

Or Wandsworth nick...
  • Options
    If Big Sam, Clough and Ferguson can get away with fiddling under the roof, table or whatever, then so can Harry. Good luck to him although allegedly he has cost West Sham fahsands and fahsands in 'agents' fees' for superstars like Suker .. remember him ?

This case involves tax evasion not receiving illegal payments under FA rules, besides that you need proof to convict. There may have been plenty of smoke around Big Sam et al, but nothing that is provable in court, unless you know differently...

I dare say that there are quite a few big names out there saying "there but for the grace of god" and all that, it's just 'Arry's bad luck that he was the one who got caught.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    from a book i have read i would say harry could be in big trouble along with mandric we aint talking peanutts here i am surprised storrie aint in the dock with them
  • Options
    Why does it matter?
    None of the above. If he's guilty then he should go down - I'm not sure why that is a controversial opinion. However he is the best English manager around and I would much rather he got the England job than anyone else.
  • Options
    So the Del Trotter of football will have his day in court. I am no legal expert but I believe that tax evasion is viewed only slightly less serious than terrorism ,there has always been a view that his dealings have been allegedly suspect,and if found guilty why shouldnt the full force of the law be enforced.
  • Options
    Why does it matter?
    Dazzler.....73 also made a comment in the Gazza thread a few moments before or after the one in this thread. I was trying to be a bit humourous..........well there ya go egh.............Jeezuz!
    Posted my response in that thread. My comment had nothing to do with your post. If it had then I would have used the quote button! Not sure why you have a problem with other site members having a different opinion to you?
  • Options
    Even Darren Bent's wife can file a tax return...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be fascinating to see events unfold but I seriously doubt that Harry will be seeing life from behind bars.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Why does it matter?
    Posted my response in that thread. My comment had nothing to do with your post. If it had then I would have used the quote button! Not sure why you have a problem with other site members having a different opinion to you?
    Did I say I have a problem............I was simply trying to add a bit of ironic humour...........which obviously you didn't get................oh well.
  • Options
    I'm not going to defend him at all but its interesting to read the two counts against him...

Count one: Milan Mandaric and Henry James Redknapp, between the
    1st day of April 2002 and the 28th day of Nov 2007, at the material
    times respectively the Chairman and the Football Manager of
    Portsmouth City Football Club Limited, with intent to defraud and to
    the prejudice of HM Revenue and Customs, arranged for $145,000, paid
    by Milan Mandaric as a result of or in connection with Henry James
    Redknapp’s employment and as a reward for services, to be transferred
    to a Monaco bank account opened by Henry James Redknapp for that
    purpose, in order to conceal the said emolument from HM Revenue and
    Customs and evade the payment of Income Tax and National Insurance
    Contributions thereon (whether by the operation of PAYE by the club
    or otherwise).

Count two:
    Milan Mandaric, between the 1st day of May 2004 and the
    28th day of November 2007, at the material times the Chairman and the
    Football Manager of Portsmouth City Football Club Limited, with
    intent to defraud and to the prejudice of HM Revenue and Customs,
    arranged for $150,000, paid by Milan Mandaric as a result of or in
    connection with Henry James Redknapp’s employment and as a reward for
    services, to be transferred to a Monaco bank account opened by Henry
    James Redknapp for that purpose, in order to conceal the said
    employment income from HM Revenue and Customs and evade the payment
    of Income Tax and National Insurance Contributions thereon (whether by
    the operation of PAYE by the club or otherwise).

Now bearing in mind he must be on £Xm a year (which surely he must have been on at Pompey), why on earth did he or Mandaric even consider putting such a relatively small sum in a Monaco bank account?  It really doesnt make sense.  Hey, if he's guilty, he's guilty.  We're pretty much fcuked whatever happens now.  If he's found guilty, I'm fairly sure that Spurs will sack him for gross misconduct (even thought it was done at Pompey, maybe along the lines of bringing the club into disrepute or something like that)...and if he's found not guilty, then surely he'll be the next England manager.

I cant go into any specific details as wouldnt want to compromise my source plans are already in place should he go down. 
  • Options
    Now bearing in mind he must be on £Xm a year (which surely he must have been on at Pompey), why on earth did he or Mandaric even consider putting such a relatively small sum in a Monaco bank account?

Tip of the iceberg...

These are the illegal payments that HMRC have discovered, they are fully aware that there may well be others, but no paper trail exists for them and therefore no evidence and therefore there is no case. These two charges are what they think they can prove.
  • Options

Tip of the iceberg...

These are the illegal payments that HMRC have discovered, they are fully aware that there may well be others, but no paper trail exists for them and therefore no evidence and therefore there is no case. These two charges are what they think they can prove.
    Absolutely. 
  • Options
    A friend of mine was out recently with a club chairman and he said to him about it and that they are well and truly Fu**ed and would deffinetly get bird
  • Options
    I think these two charges came to light because HMRC discovered them via a third party who they were investigating.
  • Options
  • Options
    Love that pic Off_it.
  • Options
    Why does it matter?
    Fair enough.