Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Life stories - gazza

Best life stories so far. Good on a night when England beat the world/euro champs.
He's a legend hope he stays well.

Comments

• hope he stays well, of course, and yes was a legend on the pitch but he was a prat, is a prat and will continue to be a prat. His comment about being happy to date a two-bagger proved that point.
  • yeah great man,some users like that wife and stepson and daughter who have not helped
  • yeah great man,some users like that wife and stepson and daughter who have not helped

Think you can add Danny Baker and Chris Evans to that list too, in my opinion.
  • yep i agree
  • Think if he concentrates on making a footballer out if his nephew, pass on his wisdom, hel be alrite.
  • fascinating viewing. 

it was noticeably heavily edited, i imagine it was a long and painful interview.
  • Any interview involving Piers Morgan is going to be long and painful...
  • Legend.

What he's been through isn't his own problem, It's an illness.

Been surrounded by users as someone said above. Best of luck to him.

• I so hope i'm wrong but you cant help but think that the Gazza story will not end well.
  • still looks frail
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes............it looks like a tragedy in the making. (Not that it hasn't been already of course).

It's like watching a movie where there seems to be an inevitability about the ending.

• Don't care how great a footballer he was. Can't like anyone tarnished with domestic violence.
  • Didn't watch it but didn't he break his wife's fingers at one point? Whether it was down to drink or not I don't get these 'legend' and 'great man' accolades.
  • Don't care how great a footballer he was. Can't like anyone tarnished with domestic violence.
    Wasn't all one-way 73.....they used to take chunks out of one another by all accounts.
    Wasn't all one-way 73.....they used to take chunks out of one another by all accounts.
    Wasn't referring to your post. Just gave my opinion in general.
  • My first ever non charlton footballing hero
  • I hope Gazza stays off the drink.
  • Agree with Piers, best English player I ever saw till he twatted his knee in the Cup Final, never the same after. Never saw Bobby Charlton and older in their pomp.
  • Legend.

No offence to alcoholics, but I'm sick of hearing all this 'it's an illness' or 'it's a disease'. No. It isn't.

• Legend.

No offence to alcoholics, but I'm sick of hearing all this 'it's an illness' or 'it's a disease'. No. It isn't.

Take it you know fuck all about it then mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• its a illness,some people are unable to drink like normal human beings,i was one when i drunk i drank till there was not any more ,never enjoyed it ,but when i had the first one all you care about is the next one.
  • I have a very dear friend Eamon who's a hopeless alcoholic..yet strangely I have a number of pals who actually drink more than he does and aren't..now how strange is that?

It's definately an addiction the question is I suppose is addiction an illness and at what point in the downward spiral does it become so?

In exreme cases it most certainly IS an illness.

• Gazza is a legend.

Him and Lineker both my early football hero's, cant believe they both played for the yids.
  • Agree with SoundAs. I understand why people such as LA consider it not to be an illness.... that mentality of

"surely you can just stop drinking, you just don't have the mental toughness to stop"

same as the majority of society were ignorant of mental illnesses until fairly recently.

I have a close uncle who was told 20 years ago his liver was screwed and he'd die in 3 years if he didn't stop drinking. He's still going (just), but can't go a day with out at least 5 pints of Guiness. Very sad.

• Also an addiction that causes a multitude of illness
  • Take it you do then? It's not an 'illness' or a 'disease'. No doctor would tell you that it is. It's a mental condition.

And I'm not your 'mate' - as far as I'm aware, we've never met.

• Take it you do then? It's not an 'illness' or a 'disease'. No doctor would tell you that it is. It's a mental condition. And I'm not your 'mate' - as far as I'm aware, we've never met.
    Oh dear!
  • How about mental illness..?

LA - you're post seemed to imply that alcoholism isn't an illness / condition or disease. I know that's not what you wrote... but it was the tone of the post.

I can say for sure it does also manifest itself physically as well, from experience.

• Heard him on TalkSport last year saying he was paying £6k a month to his ex wife & kids. If that doesn't drive you to drink, then I'm not sure what would.
  • To suggest alcoholism isn't an illness is just pure ignorance.