Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PLayers Marks FA Cup Halifax FC 0-4 Charlton

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2011

Karim myBagheri also said :-

negative post because of negative play.

passing it along the back 4 then kicking up to forwards with no touch. No creativity, no sense of emergency, to slow and to often knocked of the ball. where was the midfield? they should take this opportunity against a lower side to show some of their skill, their invention in their play and passing.

how tayler gets motm by itv i dont know. it should of been that ginger player they took off. when he left they lost a pretty integral part of their midfield, and so gave us more space in the middle. Tayler however had a pretty average game apart from his goal. his defending was full of mistakes, he wasent closing players down, he was letting them turn and his passing was woeful. then again it wasent just him with the woeful passing.

The tactic of morrison being our playmaker (though i doubt it wast the tactic) is just ridiculous. just like in the carling cup and just like when we were against stevenage. how we manage to play so poorly when we all know we can play some of the best football we've seen for many a year. this could be just an off day, which i'm sure it is, but we cant just ignore it, you learn from mistakes. Great scoreline. good goals but mediocre overall team performanse. still at least we can beat teams even when we are not at our best. Thats my match report, not my season report not my what they did last week report. we won. just not in style.

Sorry mate, but you definitely saw a different game to me. How you can be so upset with us winning 0-4 beggars belief.

Has Taylor upset you ? He had a super game. I'm convinced you weren't properly watching the game, undivided attention.

Once again, apologies for contradicting you, but I really can't fathom out your comments at all.

Maybe if we were watching the game together we could point out the reasons behind our opinions. I dident think much of taylor for the reasons i give above. i thought he was very average. yeah we won 4-0 which is great but the 80miniutes before those last ten were dire. they were never going to beat us but they could of got a draw. jackson summed it up with his goal celebration, "we dident deserve that." least thats what i thought he was thinking. The interviews suggest the same. they are from the conference north.Like you said and i agree difference in opinions is just how it is. oh well, bring on carlisle.
  • Options

Sullivan 7 - After an uncertain start grew into the game and commanded his box well. Crucial save at 1-0.
    Solly 7 -  Always comfortable, then raised his game to shackle their whippet sub. Vital tackles.
    Morrison 6 - Generally solid enough at the back. Should have scored though with that free header.
    Taylor 7 - As part of the CB pairing, did his job. Great header scoring from that wonderful Hayes cross.
     Evina
    7 - So quick and anticipates well. Love his 1st touch and link up play with Jacko.
    Wagstaff 6 - Grafts and grafts and creates space for team mates. Tidy on the ball but no real penetration.
    Hollands - 7 Seems to thrive playing the attacking midfield role, which Hughes' contribution allows him.
    Hughes 7 - Mends all the punctures in our play - right from that brilliant 1st minute tracking back and tackle in our box. Could have been so easy to mis-time and concede a penalty.
    Jackson 8 - MOM Cool, calm, composed. Dictates the tempo of our play
    Hayes 7 - Started a little off the pace but provided 2 assists today. Reads play so well.
    Euell 6 - Not really sharp enough these days to be played as a striker, but drops off well and drags defenders out of position. Even so, you only have to see his contribution off the ball to understand why Powell has kept him in his regular matchday squad.
    This is spot on.

At 1 down we could have been in real trouble.
  • Options
    Sullivan - 6
    Solly - 8
    Morrison - 7
    Taylor - 7
    Evina - 8
    Wagstaff - 6
    Hollands - 7
    Hughes - 6
    Jackson - 7
    Hayes - 7 
    Euell - 5
  • Options
    Sullivan - 6.5
    Solly - 8
    Morrison - 7
    Taylor - 7.5
    Evina - 7.5
    Wagstaff - 7
    Hollands - 7.5
    Hughes - 7
    Jackson - 7.5
    Hayes - 7.5
    Euell - 6
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, this thread is now closed and the stats will appear shortly.
  • Options
    Sullivan - 5
    Solly - 8 - brilliant
    Morrison - 7
    Taylor - 7
    Evina - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Hollands - 7
    Hughes - 7
    Jackson - 8 - class
    Hayes - 7
    Euell - 3- woeful