Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2012 "Pots"

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Pot 1: Spain, Holland, Poland, Ukraine.

Pot 2: Germany, Italy, England, Russia.

Pot 3: Croatia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden.

Pot 4: Denmark, France, Czech Republic, Republic of Ireland

How wrong is it that Poland & Ukraine go in as 1st seeds? OK I can maybe understand the hosts being seeded, but when there are co-hosts and only 4 groups? Ludicrous!

Comments

• Options
    All sounds potty to me.
  • Options
    Spain, England, Portugal, France - good night!
  • Options
    Spain
    England
    Portugal
    France

Sounds tasty...
  • Options
    It's a good thing from England's perspective; Germany and Italy should be in Pot 1. But I agree, it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    When's the draw?
  • Options
    I dunno - means we have a 50% chance of avoiding Spain or Holland.  We would always be in Pot 2 on seedings - Germany and Italy are the ones who should feel most aggrieved, as they would be the ones seeded ahead of Poland/ Ukraine.
  • Options
    Draw is on Friday 2nd Dec
  • Options

Spain, England, Portugal, France. What a group!

Then we will see if we have the 'minerals'

• Options

I think there might be a nation in pot 3 or 4 who'd be peed off about Poland/Ukraine being seeded nevermind Gemrnay & Italy! But I hate the idea of co-hosted tournaments anyway.

• Options
    Do they definitely work it out on world rankings, Denmark are in Pot 4, but are 10th in the world apparently:
    http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spain, Italy, Greece and Ireland-----------The group of debt.
  • Options
    If we are going to win Euro 2012, whats it matter if we get Spain, Portugal and France?
  • Options
    *standard i don't care about England post*
  • Options

Do they definitely work it out on world rankings, Denmark are in Pot 4, but are 10th in the world apparently

No. Uruguay are 4th and not seeded in this at all.

• Options
    edited November 2011

Poland

Russia

Croatia

Czech Republic

The group of builders

• Options
    It could throw up some good games in the group stage which is good.

I reckon we'll end up in a "Group of Death"

It looks a strong competition every team is going to be tough to beat
  • Options

It could be argued that the Euro's is harder to win than the World Cup. There are no minnows by the time you reach the finals. You don't get unfancied teams winning it.......apart from Denmark, Greece......

Good Lord we should have won it in '96! Just about everything went our way. The mood in the country was fantastic, I've never known such a prolonged feel-good factor in this country. If only Gazza had worn his longer studs!

• Options
    We'll get Ukraine, Sweden and Denmark and limp out miserably scoring one goal (from a penalty) in the whole tournament.
  • Options

Very good!
  • Options
    Very good!
    LOL!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    who cares, we are not going to win it.
  • Options
    Yeah, why not scrap the whole thing and save the money. Just present Spain with the trophy on Dec 2nd and be done with it. After all what is the point in following a team that does not win everything. Never catch anyone on here doing something as pointless as that...
  • Options
    As was mentioned on the radio the other night, it's now harder to win the Euros than the World Cup, or at least it's harder to get to the knock-out stages. Generally in a world cup there's at least 1, if not 2, pretty weak teams in each group, whilst in the Euros, just look at pot 4, 2 teams who have won it in the last 20 years, plus a losing finalist, compare that to the button pot in a world cup draw, filled with teams who have either never been to a world cup before, or have never progressed beyond the group stage.
  • Options
    Best draw for Ireland would be Greece, Ukraine and England/Russia. Be doing very well to come 2nd in that group, tough, tough competition.
  • Options

spain wont piss this. think its got potential to be a good tournament, just not sure about where its being hosted

• Options
    another Today listener ;-)
  • Options
    Best outcome.
    1 poland
    2 Sweeden
    3 Denmark

That's still tough
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Loving the 'group of debt' idea , brilliant.
  • Options
    Yup, must be easier to win this tournament without Argentina and Brazil in the mix.
    Or South Korea or Uruguay.

They've only accounted for 20 of the top 4 places in the World Cup
  • Options
    Sorry if I am being thick, but I don't understand that comment Floyd M? Can you expand on it a bit please?