Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2012 "Pots"

2»

Comments

• Options

spain wont piss this. think its got potential to be a good tournament, just not sure about where its being hosted

Much more likely to be remembered for off the field shenanigans imo. Expecting serious trouble.
  • Options
    Poland England Greece Denmark
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Sorry if I am being thick, but I don't understand that comment Floyd M? Can you expand on it a bit please?   

Sorry AA. Not you being thick, but my very limited writing skills!

The idea bandied about on R5 about it being easier to win the WC than the Europeans seems like nonsense to me.

In all 17 World Cups, the four countries I mentioned have occupied a top 4 place 20 times, which suggests to me that a tournament without them in must be easier to win.

• Options
    It's the trendy thing to say, they said it again last night.
  • Options
    That's why I added my own part about getting out of the group being harder. As mentioned there are a, albeit limited, number of top teams who aren't in Europe.

So you could say the Euros are harder as you have to hit the ground running, if you get a slow start you'll get punished far harder than you will at a world cup, however, once you get to the semi-final stage, or quarters if you did have a slow start, then you have an increased chance of facing a top team at a world cup as there are a few additional top quality sides in the tournament.
  • Options
    I can see where you are coming from, randy andy, but I think it's swings and roundabouts. In Euro 2012, it's easy to drop points to a dull average side that is well organised. One unlucky 0-0 or loss can finish you off. In the World Cup groups, there is often a weak fourth team - an unlucky draw against the weakest team can mean you have no chance as the other two teams are likely to get a full three points. I think part of the problem is that 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw does not really work in small groups. I always thought the whole idea of 3 points for a win was to make away sides attack more. This has arguably been a success, but when 14 of the 16 teams are playing away, it is a bit irrelevant.
  • Options
    I think Germany could go on to win it, they have an outstanding current crop of young players.
  • Options
    I think Germany could go on to win it, they have an outstanding current crop of young players.
    This.
    Müller, özil, götze, podolski, neuer and then players like lahm, schweinsteiger, hummels and mertesacker, they are truly world class opposition.
    Germany to win, france as runners up.
    Spain will lose in a semi to France, and holland will lose to the germans, with us, portugal, italy and denmark all losing in the quarters, that's my prediction!
  • Options
    This.
    Müller, özil, götze, podolski, neuer and then players like lahm, schweinsteiger, hummels and mertesacker, they are truly world class opposition.
    Germany to win, france as runners up.
    Spain will lose in a semi to France, and holland will lose to the germans, with us, portugal, italy and denmark all losing in the quarters, that's my prediction!
    The Germans are so good you even forgot to mention immense players such as Khedira and Gomez...the more I think about it the more ridiculous it all seems...the current crop of England youngsters are nowhere near as good...*sob*
  • Options
    I really enjoyed watching the Germans play in 2010, gutted they beat us of course, but they were good and entertaining, I can't remember ever being impressed by their flowing football before - always efficent, strong and well organised of course. Good shout to win, I agree, but we can't discount the Spanish, can we? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really enjoyed watching the Germans play in 2010, gutted they beat us of course, but they were good and entertaining, I can't remember ever being impressed by their flowing football before - always efficent, strong and well organised of course. Good shout to win, I agree, but we can't discount the Spanish, can we? 

Thougt Spain were fortunate to beat the Germans in South Africa. The Germans are now 2 years more experienced with players like Ozil and Khedira now at Champions League clubs. Germany are the team to beat this tournament and probably the 2 after
  • Options
    Spain, Italy, Portugal, France - This would be the most competitive group. It would be great to watch...
  • Options
    Draw about to start. please let Ireland get England.
  • Options
    Ireland
    Portugal
    Italy
    Greece

The Group of Debt
  • Options
    ZZZZZZZZ   5. pm start on sky sports news and 40 minutes later - Nothing - talk about drag it out.

• Options

I will say it for a 4th time then

Italy

Greece

Portugal

Ireland

The group of debt.

• Options
    Nice tribute to Gary Speed.
  • Options
    Spain, Italy, Greece and Ireland-----------The group of being brassic
  • Options
    This seems like a pretty retarded/boring way of drawing the groups.
  • Options
    Group B is deadly!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Damn, gutted not to get England. Don't fancy our chances to qualify at all.
  • Options

What would you call a group consisting of  Spain, Italy, Greece and Ireland..?

• Options
    Group A
  • Options

What would you call a group consisting of  Spain, Italy, Greece and Ireland..?

Can't think of anything of the top of my head....
  • Options
    France is our first game. Brings back a few memories.
  • Options
    If we win our group we've got whoever comes 2nd out of Spain, Croatia, Ireland And Italy
  • Options
    France is our first game. Brings back a few memories.
    3rd minute Bryan Robson, 3-1