Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonnie Jackson on Talksport tonight

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
On at approx 8pm with Danny Kelly and staying for most of the programme

Comments

• Options
    is that bbc 94,9?
  • Options
    Dk: are you a cat kicker when you lose?
    JJ: well sometimes the dog will get one up the butt
    DK: a boot I take it? We're not past the half 8 watershed yet
  • Options

Sounds like a player with common sense and knows what is expected of him.

No wonder your doing so well this season if he is typical of your team.

Good luck..probably be replacing us!

• Options
    haha classic
  • Options
    You know JJ meant to be mischievous as well!
  • Options
    Sounds like a really down to earth, level headed guy. Unlike a lot of footballers he can speak in full sentences, liked him before tonight, love him now
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I like Danny Kelly as well - although his performance on C4's American Football coverage is dire.
  • Options

Our captain is going to see the Stone Roses; how cool is that

• Options
    I missed this, does anyone have any links to it? or could sum up what he was saying?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Click on the link above, go to the bottom of the page and select Listen Again. Look for the Danny Kelly show (Kick Off 8pm-8.30pm slot) and go from there.
  • Options
    Cheers!
  • Options
    JJ made the cardinal sin of saying the 'P' word.
  • Options
    Palace?
  • Options
    Palace?
    No, the word CP has banned.
  • Options
    Oh ok... Pizza? ;-0
  • Options
    polyphiloprogenitive?
  • Options
    If you say so Bloodnut ;-0
  • Options
    P'raps?
  • Options
    The advancement that dare not speak its name?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I could see him leaving if a better opportunity came along. He seems like a sound bloke but doesn't seem to have stayed loyal to any lower league team? anyone agree?
  • Options
    I don't know Dizzee, he has been quoted as saying how happy he is here and seems to have thrived on the responsibilty of being captain. I hope you are wrong and that he stays, hopefully he can see the potential in the squad and the club going forward.
  • Options
    The other day he said himself that he was settled here and loves it here and wants to be a part of what we are doing
  • Options
    I could see him leaving if a better opportunity came along. 
    You could probably say the same for 95% of League 1/2 players. It would just depend on how much 'better' that new opportunity was.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2011
    I think a lot of our players have no reason to move. Unless a prem club comes in (and let's be honest, I don't think any are at that standard YET), then why not stay with us? I don't think we're far behind many clubs in the Champ in terms of competing on wages at the mo.

Look at the likes of Hull, Blackpool and recently Swansea and Norwich where many players have risen the leagues with their clubs. I think we'll be doing the same in time and we have the players currently with the mentality that want to be part of the journey.
  • Options

Enjoyed the interview last night, very good humoured and a bit of insight into some of the players at the club. Imagine growing up in Covent Garden?!!

I see JJ staying with us for a while to be honest. He sees a good squad having been assembled, one which has the potential to compete well in the Championship. And he's enjoying the captaincy.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Right I havent listened yet so am going to guess it was bwp that lived there?
  • Options
    No, Jasper Carrot.
  • Options
    No JJ was brought up a minute or so from Covent Garden, his parents still live there.
  • Options
    Right I havent listened yet so am going to guess it was bwp that lived there?
    B. Think about who was interviewed, that might be a a clue.