Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dulwich Hamlet FC.

Comments

• Options
    Interesting article about the future of Dulwich Hamlet

twohundredpercent.net/?p=25367
  • Options
    It's all happening behind the scenes there at the moment.
  • Options
    Dulwich game tomorrow is postponed.
  • Options

Worrying times. Just when they're doing so well too.
  • Options
    Did not realise that despite the recent success on the field the future of Dulwich is under threat. http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=25367
  • Options

Tonight beat Thamesmead Town 2-0. An absorbing match played at a tremendous pace which never flagged. A credit to both teams. Our party of three were guests in the boardroom - real hospitality in keeping with a splendid club. All in all a really nice evening.
  • Options
    Yeah 800 at their last home game if memory serves and top of the league... Lets hope it all gets resolved! Great football club.
  • Options

One point I took from that article is the fact that one small bargaining chip the club have is that they are registered as an ACV. Buys them some time for a fight at the very least.

By all accounts they seem like a good club and I hope things work out for them.
  • Options
    488 there for Thamesmead
  • Options
    Bugger.........

Canvey Island v Dulwich Hamlet
    FTRyman League Premier Division

Saturday 15th February 2014, 3pm at Park Lane
    Canvey Island 2 - 1 Dulwich Hamlet
    Jay Curran (33')
    Harrison Chatting (43')
    Xavier Vidal (20')

Full-time: Canvey Island 2-1 Dulwich Hamlet
    Half-time: Canvey Island 2-1 Dulwich Hamlet

90' Tyler Hubbard replaced James Hawes
    87' Nick Humphrey replaced Callum Webb
    86' Rob Bartley sent off
    81' Mike Jones cautioned
    77' Abdul Mansaray replaced Jerome Walker
    76' Ian Daly cautioned
    66' Mathieu Boyer cautioned
    62' Jordan Clarke replaced Nyren Clunis
    43' Harrison Chatting scores
    33' Jay Curran scores
    32' Xavier Vidal cautioned
    20' Xavier Vidal scores
    19' Rob Bartley cautioned
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Damn!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Bad news.

http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/forum.jsp?id=264&article=2664

"The key info is that:
    - as of tomorrow midday, they will apparently be owners of both the club and the freehold. That means no more Nick McCormack and that at least is positive.
    - they will have 97% share holding
    - they paid £5.75m for the land, which includes the ground, car park and road going up to Greendales
    - they took on £100k of debt (so far, that they have managed to ascertain). It is unlikely we will ever find out how that happened, or any details of what was going on before on the McCormack side
    - they 'say' they want the club to continue for the foreseeable future at Champion Hill, not Greendales. This is where I start to call bullshit.
    - the Asset of Community Value designation appears to have been completely worthless in practice."

So basically a property developer has acquired both the club and the ground for 5.75 million and is saying he doesnt want to do anything with the ground... bullshit!
  • Options
    As a former Dulwich player (albeit the reserve team) I find this rather sad....lovely old ground which would not have been out of place in the football league at the time.....
  • Options
    Retweeted by Dulwich Hamlet FC
    DHFC 12th Man ‏@dhfc12
    Very pleased to confirm that the 12th Man scheme is funding the arrival of midfielder Tommy Kavanagh from Kingstonian. #dhfc

Dulwich Hamlet FC ‏@DulwichHamletFC
    Time for a bounce-back win! Come and see if we can return to winning ways: Dulwich Hamlet v Bognor Regis. Champion Hill, 3pm tomorrow. #dhfc
  • Options
    A much needed win for Dulwich tonight. Two or three wins from the last five games should be enough to secure a place in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Very tight game on an excellent pitch at Champion Hill. Kevin James had a first half penalty well saved and Dulwich couldn't quite break Bury Town down. But some really good Dulwich pressure in the 2nd half resulted in a low shot through a crowd by Xavier Vidal for the only goal. Bury very nearly equalised when a header hit the inside of the far post and rebounded along the line before Phil Wilson dived on it. Dulwich held on for a narrow and hard fought victory against tidy opposition.
  • Options
    Shite game.
  • Options
    Went to the Dulwich game today. They came desperately close to winning but a 1-1 draw saw Hamlet end the season in 6th place, missing out on the playoffs by 1 point.

1,388 in attendance.

Hopefully they can keep Oztumer for next season.
  • Options
    Oztumer is going to Luton I have heard.
  • Options
    Last time I went to dulwich hamlet there seemed to be a sausage themed protest? Anyone know about that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Not heard that. To be fair he deserves to play League football.

• Options
    seth plum said:

I heard the same.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

one of the main headlines in last week's non league paper
  • Options
    On paper looks like a disappointing end to the season for Dulwich but remembering that they only got promotion last year its been a good season, hopefully without Otzumer they will stillbe able to build on this. Do they get a fee for Otzumer?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    In a team that didnt have a goalscoring centre forward, Otzumer's absence at the business end of the season killed Dulwich. He told me that he'd been playing with an ankle injury for some time and was being rested for the play offs but Dulwich didnt seem to notice that the other teams kept winning and made a bit of a balls of it in the end. His week's training with Burnley at the same time wouldn't have helped his ankle either.

Anyway, hopefully his ankle isn't a permanent weakness and that he gets a chance in the Football League because he deserves it. I think Dulwich should get a fee because of his age (like Poyet) and perhaps we could do a swap....Polish Pete for Otzumer. I'd love to see him on our carpet-like pitch next season.....
  • Options
    You'd look good with a beard