Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Train home with Yann

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Just on the train home and Yann kermongant. He said he got 2 year contract a d will get a 3rd if we get promotion

Comments

• Options
    Waiting for that contract extension before he buys a car?
  • Options
    Looks that way haha
  • Options
    Don't we have a team bus?
  • Options
    Yeah he said few mates was at the game so was getting train home with them
  • Options
    aint that far away
  • Options
    Makes sense Mikey
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I was on the train back to Waterloo with Yann. Smashing down to earth lad, photos & autographs no problem. Asked him why he didn't get the team bus. He was with two friends and said he wanted to travel back with them. Wished them all the best in pidgeon French!
  • Options
    How good was his English
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Far better than my pidgeon French, in fact it was very good indeed tres bon or is it bonne?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Far better than my pidgeon French, in fact it was very good indeed tres bon or is it bonne?
    My French "O" level from the late sixties might be letting me down but I thought it was tres bien.

I stand to be corrected though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    My french is 60's taught as well LenGlover 'tres bien' means 'very well' see this translation if you are interested http://wiki.answers.com/Q/FAQ/6263-16
    twelfth answer down. Where you a Fools and Horses fan? Thats the sort freudulent slip Del Boy used to make Ha!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    My french is 60's taught as well LenGlover tres bien means 'very well' see this tranxlation if you are interested http://wiki.answers.com/Q/FAQ/6263-16
    twelfth answer down.
    I hit that link and found this:

What does 'tres bien' mean in English?

"Very good" or "quite good", or something to that effect.

Popularity: 2   •   Tools:  Recategorize

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/FAQ/6263-16#ixzz1eGIbI75H

I guess we're both right because I found your answer too!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
  • Options
    Scroll down a bit and it should say '

What does tres bon mean?

it means ''very good'' en francais (in french)

I've edited above our posts crossed I think!

I said we're both right.

Two bald men arguing over a comb :-)
  • Options
    I'd like to call it a healthy debate and anyway I've still got a decent bit of snow on my roof!
  • Options
    Anyone ask him about penalty taking?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Anyone ask him why he was wearing flip-flops.  Has he hurt a foot or was it to make it easier for people to kiss his feet or did Wagstaff nick his trainers to improve his own sartorial elegance?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Subtlety isn't my strong point Kap10 so I steered clear of any mention about penalties. Having said that I wasn't going to mention his flip flops in case it got him into trouble with his boss for not taking enough care of his feet whilst travelling on the train! Too late now better red than dead the cat's out of the bag - Are we related by the way?
  • Options
    I'd like to call it a healthy debate and anyway I've still got a decent bit of snow on my roof! 
    Agree about the debate bit and the roof bit as it goes.

• Options
    Subtlety isn't my strong point Kap10 so I steered clear of any mention about penalties. Having said that I wasn't going to mention his flip flops in case it got him into trouble with his boss for not taking enough care of his feet whilst travelling on the train! Too late now better red than dead the cat's out of the bag - Are we related by the way?
    Yes.  We are related; we both support Charlton and I too have a decent  bit of snow on my roof.  This makes us closer  than some of my other relatives who haven't been to the Valley since The Who were there and who have since gone bald!  Anyway, it wont get Kermit in trouble, only Waggy for nicking Kermit's shoes.  Kermit looked smarter in his track-suit and flip-flops than Wagstaff ever could, even if he went to Saville Row!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi ! I'am one of Yann's friends you saw on the train: your French was quite good (très bon - because the language is LE français) ;-)

You are all great fans, singing and chearing during all the game, a lot lot better than French fans. You can be proud. We loved it! We'll be back some time ...
  • Options
    Apparently Alonson travels to training everyday on the train rather than drive.
  • Options
    Hi ! I'am one of Yann's friends you saw on the train: your French was quite good (très bon - because the language is LE français) ;-)

You are all great fans, singing and chearing during all the game, a lot lot better than French fans. You can be proud. We loved it! We'll be back some time ...
    Bonjour! Apparently the Brentford fans couldn't hear us.
  • Options

Did you come over from France specially to visit Yann or do you live here?  Is Yann very happy at Charlton??  We hope so.

• Options
    JBR - Do yourself a favour mate , log off , delete all history and run
  • Options
    Lol,shut up. I'm just trying to be polite to our visitors. 
  • Options
    JBR - Do yourself a favour mate , log off , delete all history and run
    I think he means "watch out,  Curb_ It is on the prowl and has her eye on you ".  Once she has you in her sights, you had better run for cover.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I don't know.........I try and improve Anglo French relationships with some 'entente cordiale' and Shag comes on and tell's Yann's friend to do a runner! That must move me above him for a badge and a place in the 'Clique' Curb It surely even though I don't come from Bromley!
  • Options
    We came over specially for the game to see our friend play. Sorry, I didn't get why I should run ...
    Please do me a favour, don't call him Kermit anymore. If Kermorgant is too complicated to pronounce, just call him "Big Yann".
  • Options
    We came over specially for the game to see our friend play. Sorry, I didn't get why I should run ...
    Please do me a favour, don't call him Kermit anymore. If Kermorgant is too complicated to pronounce, just call him "Big Yann".
    Excellent, Kermit it is then!!!!