Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JJ's Scan (old thread)

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
has he had it yet?

Any news?

Fingers crossed he'll be O.K.

Comments

• Options
    Tweeted that he'll update us the morrow when he expects to get the results.
  • Options
    He tweeted that he will get the results tomorrow, so will give us an update then. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    cheers guys.
  • Options

Please let it be good news .

• Options
    I think we need to be realistic. If its a hamstring tear, its going to be 4 - 6 weeks.
  • Options
    Bad hamstring could be anything upto 4 months..
  • Options
    Bad hamstring could be anything upto 4 months..
    Or if you're michael Owen an entire career.............
  • Options
    I'd sooner they get it right than rush him back before he's ready,but clever old CP already brought in cover on loan till January, now thats management skills at its best, but then that should not come as any surprise,because he could become better than Curbs,now that would be something.
  • Options
    I may be mistaken but didn't JJ suffer a similar injury last season that kept him out for a while? I may have got hm confused with someone else...
  • Options
    I think Jackson did his achilles last year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I may be mistaken but didn't JJ suffer a similar injury last season that kept him out for a while? I may have got hm confused with someone else...
    You're right about the injury, but it was an achilles that time.  From the handbook:

"Jackson finished the campaign as Charlton's top scorer with 14 goals... That tally would almost certainly have been higher but for a season-ending Achilles injury that sidelined him from the end of February..."
  • Options
    Cant see him being ready for udders unfortunately. Even if it's a tweak can't see him being available in 6 days
  • Options
    R.e the michael owen comment, that was his knee injury not a hammy.
  • Options
    cup game means there's only three league games before Christmas, so a great opportunity to make sure JJ is fully fit without missing too many games, shame he misses the big one but really shouldn't take any risks
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2011
    Out for 'a number of weeks'. Or the reiftar the season in Charlton terms.

On OS
  • Options
    Shame. Though I'm glad they've been precise.
  • Options
    Big loss.
  • Options
    Bit worried about this. JJ is a massive influence and can't help but think back to what happened last season after he got injured (even though we do have a much better squad this year)
  • Options

Expect a central ,midfielder in before the loan window closes.

If Hughes or Hollands gets injured we are down to Pritchard, who for all his promise, is a totally unknown quantity at this level.

• Options
    Team of leaders, better quality squad, better attitude, Powell more experienced and knows what has to be done.

A blow, but one we'll and the team will cope with I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And Alonso :)

Parrott praps

• Options
    edited November 2011

Big Blow  -  can't see him being back until the New Year.

His corners have been excellent and his understanding with Wiggy has been one of the major reasons we are where we are. This will now show us how good the squad is (or not) .........

• Options
    It's a blow, imagine he'll be out for a month but only 3 league games between now and Christmas isn't that bad. Ephraim was meant to be good for QPR so hopefully he'll be just as good.
  • Options

And Alonso :)

Parrott praps

Also, when is Stephens back?
  • Options
    Around xmas I think
  • Options
    Stephens was 6-8 weeks I believe.
  • Options
    What is Hogan like defensively? Perhaps we should shift Hollands out on the left side to combine with Wiggins (understanding from Bournemouth) if Powell feels that the Hogan/Green combination is too attack minded on the wings.
  • Options
    Don't like that idea to be honest. Hollands shouldn't be moved imo, too important in the centre.
  • Options
    On second thoughts, I suppose you would opt to play Evina at left mid if that was the case.
  • Options
    Cue Dean Parrett...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!